Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,159,765 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Agnzona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
What is the design for rain runoff of those awnings in the middle of the west side? This is not a knock, and I'm fully aware that professional engineers and architects have it all figured out. I'm just wondering how it works. Are there hidden gutter-type things or what? Is there no need for that sort of thing? Just curious.
As SA-AG72 mentioned, there are drains built into the canopy roofs that should keep most of the rain from pouring down on to the crowd below. The downspouts connect back through the cluster columns that support the canopies and then run under the concourses.
Yeah they didn't help much at the Missouri game last season. Water was coming off in sheets on the 3rd deck of the student section. Looking up from the second deck, it looked pretty bad. Maybe that system wasn't fully installed on that canopy yet. If it was and the water still came off like that, I hope they figured out a better solution, because the people on the West side will not enjoy getting wet like that I'm sure.

But if you look at this Google Earth photo (which matches other photos I have seen of the drainage), the drain line looks to be offset from the edge, which would allow some water to fall from the front of the canopy... I am sure the position of the drain line had something to do with the field lights being housed within the leading edge of the canopy.
Wow, There is a hidden battleship in the upper deck, that is amazing! Forget mirror out, we will blast them out!
torrid
AG
https://vimeo.com/134500378
AMW2010
AG
What happens after the sand is done? Anymore layers of something different? Or excepting to see grass soon... Also whats gonna go around the Perimeter?
twk
AG
quote:
What happens after the sand is done? Anymore layers of something different? Or excepting to see grass soon... Also whats gonna go around the Perimeter?
I don't know--just uninformed speculation on my part after looking at those diagrams of the drainage system, but I sort of thought there might be another layer of sand over the whole thing--that the brown dirt they put down is intended to be the "perched" water table, and that there will be another layer between that and the grass. Of course, it may be that with the "thick cut" process our grass supplier uses (as opposed to the set up last year where they actually washed a lot of the soil off the roots), maybe that additional layer will come in the form of rolls of sod.
AMW2010
AG
I took turf science at a&m and I remember we talked about the process they used when they put down the grass back before all these renovation and I thought there were a few layers, swore there was a gravel layer too, but it's been a few years since I took that class...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
https://vimeo.com/134500378
Holy. ****.
AMW2010
AG
Currently whats going on at Kyle Field!

Frok
AG
Are they going to redo the "Home of the 12th Man" on the east side?
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
Are they going to redo the "Home of the 12th Man" on the east side?
I just hope they place the Welcome to Aggieland sign perpendicular to the ground! Looks stupid as is...but I'm just hoping thats because there is still work ongoing...
One Tooth Man
SHOW ME THE TURF!
45-70Ag
AG
Are they turning lights on at night?
AMW2010
AG
Looks like they are currently watering the sand...
AFDave13
AG
quote:
Are they turning lights on at night?
The east side lights, yes. The new ones, not yet.
BoxingAg84

Fitch
AG
9:00 AM Kyle field tour during the TexAgs kickoff.
One Tooth Man
They are sodding!
spanky
AG
rally-cap
AG
wbt5845
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:

redd38
AG
full chub
wbt5845
AG
I just noticed - I went back to my video stream and it's at the same place it was when I checked it a while ago. I think somehow the stream I get is being buffered somehow.
AMW2010
AG
So is the track currently gravel? Hard to tell
The Collective
AG
quote:
So is the track currently gravel? Hard to tell

Looks like some kind of gravel base.
SwigAg11
torrid
AG
quote:
I just noticed - I went back to my video stream and it's at the same place it was when I checked it a while ago. I think somehow the stream I get is being buffered somehow.
It's weird. It's not just delayed, but always starts from a fixed time reference. If you refresh the page, or if you change views then change back, and you see the same video feed again. It seems to cycle to a new start point every hour or so.

Anyway, I'm glad grass is finally going in. How'd you like to be the guy driving circles in the little lawn tractor all day? I wonder how much that gig pays.
Tripacer
It's been that was since the accident last year. It is not "live", but a delayed loop of time that gets updated every hour or so. Also, the archive view is actually the newest view you can see.

So in summary, the "live" isn't live and the "archive" is the newest image.
AMW2010
AG
serious question.... if you look across the field from east to west... the first level of seats look to all be installed... if you look from the construction cams high up on the North zone, there looks to be a empty row in between each finished row... anyone have any idea is that's how its supposed to be or if they are still working? hard to tell from the renderings
agz win
AG
They currently installed every other row but will come back and fill in the missing seats.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:

Ok... So we're assuming there is an overlay of some type we don't yet know about that will be on top of this crushed stone.

But... Is that a concrete barrier/border between the stone and the turf??? If it is, it's getting covered too. Right?
AggieBiker
AG
I noticed the odd spacing of the rows as well. To me it looks like that deck may be designed similar to the way the architect did the first level at TCU's stadium. There the first level seats have bar/counter in front of them for their food and drinks to rest on.

It significantly reduced the number of seat rows on that level. I am really dissappointed if I am correct because it reduces the number of fans close to the field and this the noise. And of course this is the same architect.
class12of
AG
I wouldn't think the concrete would be covered. The old field (i.e. pre 2014) had a concrete border between the field and black track.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Good point. There was a steel perimeter drain there as well if I recall.

I just recall the hubbub years back regarding covering the concrete track. I figured it would be nice to have a smooth, seamless, and safest possible transition from the field to the sidelines.
First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.