Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,583 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I honestly thing this is the first thing I've complained about, but I think this is a stupid idea

This project has been chock-full of stupid ideas.
chipotle
I'm actually indifferent about the columns. Shocking, I know.
The Collective
AG
quote:
The Championships post should be pretty small.

Probably includes things like conference & bowl championships as well.
95_Aggie
AG
Don't forget South Division Championships
rcb05
AG
Might be a tripping hazard.
spanky
AG
Hey, we are "building champions"...column
BrayK15
AG
Have we discussed the scoreboard for the Revs? Is there going to be a small one like old Kyle? Where would they put it?
The Collective
AG
No reason to stick a scoreboard on the exterior of Kyle. Just keep a fish out there with a dry erase board.
Fitch
AG
Yes there will be. It will be at ground level located between the doors and the Rev graves.
McGibblets
AG
quote:
Have we discussed the scoreboard for the Revs? Is there going to be a small one like old Kyle? Where would they put it?

TexAgBolter
AG
Are there going to be maroon seats and or cupholders for the upper zone armchairs?
wbt5845
AG
quote:
I sure hope this a troll. WGAF?
Al Bula
AG
quote:
this guy gets it.
BuenAg
quote:
quote:
this guy gets it.
If neither of you guys go to a single game at the redeveloped stadium, which you think is so atrocious, I promise that not a tear will be shed due to your absences.
ski-man
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
this guy gets it.
If neither of you guys go to a single game at the redeveloped stadium, which you think is so atrocious, I promise that not a tear will be shed due to your absences.
AMEN!!!!!!!
Let's go ski-man!
agz win
AG
They're bringing in dirt in SW corner!
TexAgBolter
AG
quote:
Are there going to be maroon seats and or cupholders for the upper zone armchairs?

Fitch?
CWSaggie13
AG
I would guess that they will stay grey for this season, seeing as they haven't removed any of the seats. They would need to replace the arms, chairs, and seat backs. Maybe in the near future just so everything matches.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
No cup holder in lower or upper zone. 12th man would have had to charge an extra $500 per year per seat for 5 years to cover the additional $2.75 in plastic cost.

Half a billion and we aren't even smart enough to do something like this:

Fitch
AG
Wouldn't plan on it...that said the different drafts of the models I've seen disagree - some have gray chair backs some have maroon. If they were being changed out I would've expected the existing seats to have been pulled already.
Fitch
AG

Scotch
AG
Is Ranger the only other dog buried on campus, or is Tripod somewhere?
Al Bula
AG
quote:
485 million for a disjointed stadium, zombie statues and now some columns to brag about Aggie football!

All is well in Aggieland, comrade. Your blind following is appreciated by 12th Man Politburo! Did you hear about People's fishing retention pond lake coming in 2016?

The Party appreciates your idiocy, errr loyalty.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
That is OUTSIDE the stadium and creates our own Aggie joke of having a scoreboard for them. The tradition of the center tunnel was so the past Revs could watch the game.

Masoleum inside the stadium would have been best IMHO.
Fitch
AG
The old saying about Ags not being happy unless they're complaining seems applicable here.
agz win
AG
We haven't had the tunnel for many years and there is no joke about it considering our fans and visitors want to visit the graves which wouldn't happen if the graves were locked inside the stadium.

It's a good tradition and is part of what makes us unique as Aggies.
redd38
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
this guy gets it.

I don't think the stadium is atrocious, just that there's been more stupid ideas than a project this big should have. If you can't admit this project has had some stupid ideas then you're part of the problem that allowed or almost allowed the stupid ideas to happen. We need more people that aren't afraid to be critical of bad ideas.
txsportsman10
AG
quote:
quote:

A lot of people care ... It's a really cool thing.

For a long time a cadet would sit on that side of the stadium and write the score on a chalk board for the fallen Rev's so they could know the score.

If you don't see the beauty in that then you aren't an Aggie.
txsportsman10
AG
quote:
quote:
485 million for a disjointed stadium, zombie statues and now some columns to brag about Aggie football!

All is well in Aggieland, comrade. Your blind following is appreciated by 12th Man Politburo! Did you hear about People's fishing retention pond lake coming in 2016?

I'm sure all this seems cute to you, but to actual Ags it really isn't cool.

I know I know ... It's just a message board and you're hiding behind your cute little screen name, but why would you insist on being such an ***hole??

Rerhink your damn life or you're gonna get hurt.
SlackerAg
AG
Reveille's butt is facing Austin...attention to details.
Maroon Flash
AG
Are the vertical spotlights on top of the activation towers still in the plans?
Al Bula
AG
quote:
I'm sure all this seems cute to you, but to actual Ags it really isn't cool.

I know I know ... It's just a message board and you're hiding behind your cute little screen name, but why would you insist on being such an ***hole??

Rerhink your damn life or you're gonna get hurt.
May I suggest some soothing topical cream for your buthurt?

locogringo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

A lot of people care ... It's a really cool thing.

For a long time a cadet would sit on that side of the stadium and write the score on a chalk board for the fallen Rev's so they could know the score.

If you don't see the beauty in that then you aren't an Aggie.
Church!
twk
AG
quote:
quote:

It's easy to criticize when you don't have to offer an alternative.

I would agree that there were some questionable decisions. I've stated many times that I thought it was a mistake to go for 102,000 because of the possibility that we may not need that capacity all the time, and the choices it forced us to make in other areas. I think the extra wide video board was a mistake, as the shape keeps you from using the full screen for replays. But, beyond that, most of the decisions on the project were driven by the need to fit the project into the previously used space, and to do so without playing a season away from home (another decision where I would have gone the other way, but a very close call, especially since we wouldn't have gotten any money from BCS hotel/motel tax if we'd played a season away).

You don't raise the money without building the stadium around the premium seating, and $485 million wouldn't have been sufficient if we had knocked down more of the old stadium--that meant that each side was going to be different from the other.

If you're one of those folks who wanted to build a new stadium on a different location, you couldn't have built a similar structure, and all the required infrastructure (TMF has never paid for construction of a parking lot, but they would have had to build a lot of parking and roads for a totally new stadium), for the same price.

So, if all you want to do is play armchair architecture critic, that's fine, but unless you want to offer some credible alternatives, I don't think your opinion has a whole lot of relevance.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:

21-0...defense is improving!! Thanks Chavis!!
First Page Last Page
Page 125 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.