Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,633 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
From that high up, you can still see how disjointed the West stands and South End Zone are where they meet.
They're supposed to be disjointed.
Agreed. Because some moron designed it that way.
duffelpud
AG
AMW2010
AG
Like I've said... Segregation between poors and the rich
MarathonAg03
AG
What's wrong with the design?

Is non-disjointedness the most important consideration in the design of stadium seating?
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Agreed. Because some moron designed it that way

Do you ever do anything besides complain?
mcag83
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
From that high up, you can still see how disjointed the West stands and South End Zone are where they meet.
They're supposed to be disjointed.
Agreed. Because some moron designed it that way.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
quote:
You are in no way obligated to respond or acknowledge my posts. In general I avoid commenting on stuff I find dumb or childish, but I believe that shows your own lack of self control if you can't just skip over things which annoy you.

Kyle Field's design should have been thought out better so there were no gaps in level/decks.

Instead we have put lipstick on a pig all because a bunch of B/CS flatlanders were so freaked out about missing out on ONE football season.

MarathonAg03
AG
Will you now please answer the substantive questions that have been asked to you, please?
Fitch
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
You are in no way obligated to respond or acknowledge my posts. In general I avoid commenting on stuff I find dumb or childish, but I believe that shows your own lack of self control if you can't just skip over things which annoy you.

Kyle Field's design should have been thought out better so there were no gaps in level/decks.

Instead we have put lipstick on a pig all because a bunch of B/CS flatlanders were so freaked out about missing out on ONE football season.

I think if you actually stopped and studied it you would find that every last "oddity" in the stadium is the result of logical thought and consideration. An OCD-friendly cookie cutter stadium wouldn't achieve the goals implicit in the renovation.

We saved somewhere around $60-80 million by reusing the stadium parts that we did, that's money that was saved and able tot be poured back into making the stadium better. The reason for the majority of the oddities stem from the fact that the Zone was terribly designed in the first place and limited sight lines - necessitating the field to be moved and thus the student section is off-centered. The student section couldn't be lengthened to fit the new field because federal building codes would have dictated the seating be reconfigured and we would have lost thousands of seats where people only stand. If the west side perfectly aligned with the SEZ then the most expensive (i.e. revenue producing) seats in the stadium - second deck - would have been cut in half.

Does it look a little off, well yeah. That doesn't come from laziness or keeping all games in BCS, it came from having an extremely customized design that met all of our demands.

It's going to be the single best venue in the nation when done. A couple of quirks aren't changing that.
chipotle
I give the new kyle a 7/10. Would have been a 9/10 had they started from scratch. But a 7 ain't bad and is a lot better than the 3/10 we had.
tbirdspur2010
AG
I give it a redass 10/10
wbt5845
AG
quote:
I know! Awesome, isn't it?
MarathonAg03
AG
It's doubtful that we'll be hearing from 3rdCoastAg anytime soon.
JJxvi
AG
It looks good. It's peer stadiums also have these same issues, its just the way they are built. The only teams building all-new stadiums are programs like Baylor, Houston, Minnesota. Programs only thinking about maybe drawing 50,000 people and certainly without requirements to seat 35,000 student level seats along a sideline.

Even peer stadiums that are considered "beautiful" like Ohio Stadium have these elements. They have pressbox/luxury suites slapped on top of what was the old seating bowl on one side, for example. The only symettrical peer stadiums are the ones that were designed as huge boring bowls. There is nobody out there judging stadiums by how closely their seating decks line up. It just doesn't matter unless you're looking for something to complain about.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
It just doesn't matter unless you're looking for something to complain about.

I'm pretty sure that is all 3rdCoastAg is interested in.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
It's doubtful that we'll be hearing from 3rdCoastAg anytime soon.

Woohoo!
DifferenceMaker Ag
quote:
From @ablack82 on Twitter. Wow...

Just think, it all started with a single decision. I'm so glad we pulled the trigger.

fitntxaggie
AG
Fitch for President
Counterpoint
AG
quote:

Please tell me this is a duffelpud 'shop!
If not, I'd love to know the story behind it.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
I believe that picture was from one of those click-bait articles 'top xx engineering failures of all time'.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Whinny *****es be damned!

The only word that will apply come football season is:

SPECTACULAR!
torrid
AG
Looks to me that what they are installing is a "French drain", both across the field and around the perimeter.

Moe 92
AG
quote:
what they are installing is a "Freedom drain"
FIFY
duffelpud
AG
No, it's French - it helps the water run away.
geolag02
AG
The West side deck is getting "Welcome to Aggieland" installed. (Construction Cam; West Side; Archive View)
chipotle
quote:
The West side deck is getting "Welcome to Aggieland" installed. (Construction Cam; West Side; Archive View)

Since "welcome" is 7 letters and "aggieland" is 9, the "to" isn't going to be centered. WTF!
mcag83
AG
quote:
quote:

Since "welcome" is 7 letters and "aggieland" is 9, the "to" isn't going to be centered. WTF!
Dag nabbit. More disconnect!!! Will the madness never end????
torrid
AG
quote:
quote:
FIFY

As I was typing it in, I was wondering how many posts it would take for that to happen. I figured three or four.
Moe 92
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
FIFY

As I was typing it in, I was wondering how many posts it would take for that to happen. I figured three or four.
Underestimating TexAgs
duffelpud
AG
quote:
WELL COME TO AGGIELAND

fify
Maybe Next Year
AG
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
quote:
WELL, COME TO AGGIELAND!

fify
and now it makes grammatical sense
JustisWalkert
AG
WELCOME TO AGGIEL
A
N
D

Problem solved.

Frisco - Ag
AG
quote:
I give the new kyle a 7/10. Would have been a 9/10 had they started from scratch. But a 7 ain't bad and is a lot better than the 3/10 we had.

Agree
Bone6
quote:

Completely agree. It's never going to be on a "top 10 coolest looking stadiums" list, but it is a significant improvement for us.
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.