Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,675 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
RINO Safari
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
They aren't windows. It is spandrel glass used to hide the structure behind it. It's just another building material that is used to give the illusion of an opening in the structure. Most of the time spandrel glass is opaque and you can't see through it.

Pretty sure they're just super tinted windows. But considering what's behind it at the moment, it should be spandrel glass.
AGAZ03
AG
Guys this has been discussed 1000 times by now.

They will remove the structure from the inside one the glass is in place.

On the left side they are building out the letter man's club.

RINO Safari
AG
quote:
Guys this has been discussed 1000 times by now.

They will remove the structure from the inside one the glass is in place.

On the left side they are building out the letter man's club.

Hence my "at the moment" comment.
kordell84
AG
Where r u McGibblets.... we get so use to you posting the pics.....waiting ........for your amazing shots.

thank you
Mr. McGibblets
AG
quote:
Where r u McGibblets.... we get so use to you posting the pics.....waiting ........for your amazing shots.

thank you

His mommy has him in timeout....
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:

thank you

His mommy has him in timeout....
Hhhmmm. WTH????
McGibblets
AG
Sorry for the wait, but here they are

GarryowenAg
AG
Thanks Gibbs!
agz win
AG
Outstanding!

Many thanks, Gibbles!
Helms96
AG
quote:
Sorry for the wait, but here they are

So the construction guys are obviously "Ford men"
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
ftworthag02
AG
Mexicans are ford men
kordell84
AG
thank so much great work
AgCat93
AG
quote:
Mexicans are ford men

Not Chivvys?!
locogringo
AG
quote:
Mexicans are ford men
wasabi1787
AG
quote:
Mexicans are ford men

Yeah I definitely read that as "fond of men"
95_Aggie
AG
so I guess this part of the old Zone facade is now an architectural feature?

Fitch
AG
The hump will be taken off so it's not visible.
Topher17
AG
Aren't the old Zone ramps going to be extremely hot and stuffy on September afternoons with thousands of people?

Also, does anyone know the plan for the area behind the windows of the Zone facade? When walking by, it's very obvious the area behind the window is just a wall. I'm sure this will be addressed, just curious about the plan.
8T2
^^^^Troll^^^^
BrightAg13
AG
quote:
Aren't the old Zone ramps going to be extremely hot and stuffy on September afternoons with thousands of people?

Also, does anyone know the plan for the area behind the windows of the Zone facade? When walking by, it's very obvious the area behind the window is just a wall. I'm sure this will be addressed, just curious about the plan.
They will not be for general use.
AgCat93
AG
quote:

It's all covered in this thread. Read the first 93 pages and you'll find the details you seek.
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
so I guess this part of the old Zone facade is now an architectural feature?

That's the vertical dynamic deflection absorber.
Aggie Infantry
AG
PH
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Page 94 - WHOOP!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Are they really leaving this like it is? Just looks really out of place to have a nice brick facade around the whole stadium except that part.

Also, are they just covering up the NW ramps instead of making them match the rest of the ramps?

That said, everything else is looking great. Love this pic.

twk
AG
quote:
Are they really leaving this like it is? Just looks really out of place to have a nice brick facade around the whole stadium except that part.
I'm no construction guy, but you normally don't see brick walls that aren't straight up and down vertical--certainly not leaning out. It might be possible to do that with the pre-fab brick walls, but it would look strange. Maybe they will do something to cover up the steel, but it won't be brick like the rest of the facility. If you'll notice, Bright blocks most of the lower part, where putting up a brick faade wouldn't look strange, but would therefore be rather pointless.

quote:
Also, are they just covering up the NW ramps instead of making them match the rest of the ramps?
That's what they did with the NE Zone ramp, too. There will be a NW tower, like the NE tower, that is right next to the old Zone ramp.
hatchback
AG
In my personal architectural-informed opinion, the contrast of steel and brick looks great. Natural-laid brick was never constructed in a cantilevered, sloped, or outward leaning manner. Covering the giant, angled steel supports would look unnatural and out of place.

It would also be a waste of money since much of the South Endzone structure is hidden by the Bright Complex. If brick were to ever be installed at the back of the SEZ, I would hope it would only be around the vertical columns and stop when the transition is made to the angled, cantilevered steel.
wood2007
quote:
Mexicans are ford men

No. They aren't.
WILDMAN95
AG
quote:
In my personal architectural-informed opinion, the contrast of steel and brick looks great. Natural-laid brick was never constructed in a cantilevered, sloped, or outward leaning manner. Covering the giant, angled steel supports would look unnatural and out of place.

It would also be a waste of money since much of the South Endzone structure is hidden by the Bright Complex. If brick were to ever be installed at the back of the SEZ, I would hope it would only be around the vertical columns and stop when the transition is made to the angled, cantilevered steel.
I was thinking about this a bit more, and they could take brick vertically from the ground up to where the columns intersect the concrete bottom surface of the upper deck. Then the angled supports would appear to be supported by the brick wall. Probably money better spent elsewhere though.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
The hump will be taken off so it's not visible.
So, "DON'T hump it, Ags"?

New Army has arrived at hell.
GrapevineAg
AG
Anybody remember when bricks were falling off the Sterling C Evans Library (late 80's maybe early 90's)? They were falling off the outward-angled sections (top left part of this photo):

fitntxaggie
AG
It may not look the prettiest on the south endzone stands, but it would be a complete waste of money to brick it. Spend the money elsewhere. Like a waffle house inside.
spanky
AG
quote:
Probably money better spent elsewhere though.

Like on statues
8T2
quote:

Really?

tbirdspur2010
First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.