Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,793 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Hugo Stiglitzz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bad ass
mcag83
McGibblets
AG
I didn't have time to get a full set today, but I made sure to grab a couple since I promised y'all. Hopefully I can get a full set this weekend. Also, they were having seat selection or something going on today, so hopefully someone can post pictures since they were allowed in the stadium

atxaggie07
AG
McG, not quite a seat selection. We had ours a couple weeks back. Its more of an area preview. We were allowed in the stadium, to see the area that our seats would be in (Faculty/Staff, South 1st deck) and walk around to see which "seats" you might want to pick when you're time came to choose. We took notes so we could try and make a good choice when our time came. For us, any row above 38 and you can't see the smaller screens in the corners and stuff like that.
DartAg1970
AG
I just hope the same dumb questions are not asked by people as this is going up.

"Are there supposed to be gaps between the panels?"

"I hope they fill that in with something."
GrapevineAg
tbirdspur2010
AG
Loving the new facade.
45-70Ag
AG
Bye bye piss stained concrete
One Tooth Man
This page number. Best damn page number in Aggieland.
mcag83
AG
ftworthag02
AG
For the engineers, other than speed of construction, what are the advantages & disadvantages of using steel vs concrete structure?
bqce
AG
Not a dang thing. Full disclosure - I've been associated with the ready-mix concrete industry since I got out of the Navy in 1979..
WillD
AG
quote:
Agreed.
45-70Ag
AG
Maybe 1892
1992 sucked
RINO Safari
AG
The only thing I don't like about the windows is that you can still kind of see the original facade through them on the top level if you look closely, in person.
CrottyKid
AG
quote:
The only thing I don't like about the windows is that you can still kind of see the original facade through them on the top level if you look closely, in person.

Ahhh. You can find some guy in Bryan to tint them for you for about tree fitty.
Goose
AG
quote:

Damn straight!
92_Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Damn straight!
Helms96
AG
quote:
Shoot it!
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
I just hope the same dumb questions are not asked by people as this is going up.

"Are there supposed to be gaps between the panels?"

"I hope they fill that in with something."

Those gaps might increase the vertical deflection of the north zone.
YellAg2004
AG
quote:
For the engineers, other than speed of construction, what are the advantages & disadvantages of using steel vs concrete structure?
There may be other smaller advantages, but speed is the main one. As soon as you bolt-up the members, you can start loading them. With cast-in-place concrete, you've got to tie the steel, set your forms, place concrete, allow concrete to cure, strip forms, lather, rinse, repeat for each floor/level. The concrete must then reach a certain strength before it can be fully loaded. All of this translates to additional days. With steel, the members are fabricated off-site and likely many months ago to try to get ahead of the erectors. The next crews can immediately come in behind them and start setting their deck forms and preparing the concourse areas for concrete. The main trade-off for this speed is $$$.

Another trade-off is that a concrete structure is generally much more rigid than a steel structure, hence the concerns in the "South Zone deflection" thread. I haven't read that thread, but my guess is that people who are used to being in stands fully supported by a concrete structure are experiencing for the first time sitting in stands supported by a steel structure. It's all a balance between what is comfortable (i.e. not making the crowd motion-sick or fearful), and $$$.
AMW2010
AG
So behind all the glass in the zone Is just brick walls?

It's prolly been discussed, but I missed it
McGibblets
AG
quote:

Right now its the pannelung from the old zone exterior behind the glass. Pretty sure that will come down as they work on the zone interior
exp
AG
quote:
quote:

Right now its the pannelung from the old zone exterior behind the glass. Pretty sure that will come down as they work on the zone interior

Doubt it. It's honestly probably just a pretty facade and nothing more.
AFDave13
AG
quote:

They'll finish out most (if not all of it) so the windows are actual windows. The area closer to the east side will be actual windows, based on the rendering & that they've already taken down the wall behind the windows as of Friday.
Aggie Infantry
AG
PH
monarch
S
Doors at the base of the ramps mean they'll be used for egress.

Aren't there escalators in place now?
twk
AG
quote:

The thought is that folks will use the new towers and escalators going in, but that all exits, including the old Zone ramps, will be available for exiting the stadium.
cajunaggie08
AG
quote:
quote:

The thought is that folks will use the new towers and escalators going in, but that all exits, including the old Zone ramps, will be available for exiting the stadium.
They better be available for leaving. It took me almost 45 min to go down the SE ramp after the LSU game. People need to clear the ramps after leaving and not stand around to chit chat or look for the one person from your group that sat elsewhere. That could create a dangerous situation for people coming down the ramps that have escalators.
AFDave13
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

They better be available for leaving. It took me almost 45 min to go down the SE ramp after the LSU game. People need to clear the ramps after leaving and not stand around to chit chat or look for the one person from your group that sat elsewhere. That could create a dangerous situation for people coming down the ramps that have escalators.

No kidding! We had that issue after one of the games coming down the escalators. There was a bottleneck at the bottom with people getting onto it & the people stopped moving but the escalators didn't; a little old lady would have gotten seriously hurt if someone didn't push the emergency stop button.
coppag92
AG
XCII
Moe 92
AG

kordell84
AG
where are this weeks pics? I so enjoy them
McGibblets
AG
I should have a set of pictures tomorrow.

Also, to anyone who has premium, watch the TexAgs kyle field: deconstructed. They really did a great job with it. Lots of interviews with professionals who explained it for the average Joe
AGAZ03
AG
Where are the pics?

I'm going through withdrawls!

I do appreciate it though Gibblets.

First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.