Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,887 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
tbirdspur2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RINO Safari
AG
ski-man
McGibblets
AG
They've started putting up the facade on the exterior of the zone. I was just able to grab a few quick pictures. I should have a whole set either this afternoon or late afternoon tomorrow

fieldtrailer
AG
I am sure it has been talked about, but I dont want to read 90 pages. Why not take off letters/signs and auction off? Especially the stuff imploded on the West side. Seems it could be used somewhere or sold to die-hards.
redd38
AG
quote:
I am sure it has been talked about, but I dont want to read 90 pages. Why not take off letters/signs and auction off? Especially the stuff imploded on the West side. Seems it could be used somewhere or sold to die-hards.
Aint nobody got time for that.
McGibblets
AG
quote:

There's no purpose. Saves time and money. Plus those letters are so big that no one would have anywhere to put them
Fitch
AG
Timing and practicality.

They were up there for decades and would probably have been decidedly difficult to remove. On top of that, each letter was the size of a semi trailer...not sure how many people could have stepped up to get the full set.

That said, I think it would have been awesome to take them down and put them on campus somewhere (like outside the Rec or in Spence Park) for some outdoor art.
VinnyTAMU
AG
quote:
Because if we remove them now we miss out on the opportunity 30+ years from now to "rediscover" old Kyle Field during the next renovation.
FarmersFight95
AG
quote:
quote:
Because if we remove them now we miss out on the opportunity 30+ years from now to "rediscover" old Kyle Field during the next renovation.
Was about to suggest that this is ridiculous, but you might actually be right...
AFDave13
AG
They started placing the steel on the West side, so I took some pics a little bit ago. My hand was frozen by the time I got to the NEZ, so I apologize for the crooked pics. There's plenty more pics in the full album linked on the bottom of the page.

They were placing a piece of steel while I was there

Full Album:
http://imgur.com/a/0ZJt7/all
CrottyKid
ABATTBQ11
WILDMAN95
AG
In that last pic, it looks like they finally did take off the word "KYLE". From that angle, it looks like you would otherwise see the top of the letters above that last panel they placed.

Edit: maybe you can just barely see the top edge of the E.
Sugarwater
quote:

You can still see "KYLE" in this pic. It seems that they left it up.
McGibblets
AG
Great pics Dave. I'm hoping to get some tomorrow afternoon.

Also, I can assure y'all that the letters are still up
ChipFTAC01
AG
Pretty amazing that this is all going to be done in 6 months.
locogringo
AG
Awesome pics. Can't wait to go see it in person again now that there is more interesting construction going on.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:

It will be more amazing if they actually complete it in 6 months.
Zman91
AG
A few years ago they replaced the ATM that was on the zone and auctioned the old one , I believe the T was about 9 feet tall and the A and M were about 7 feet tall . I could be off on the size, but not by much. I was considering bidding on them but couldn't convince the Mrs that we needed 9 foot tall letters in our backyard. I believe they sold for about $1,500.
McGibblets
AG

CrottyKid
AG
I miss CS.
AgsWin2011
AG
quote:
quote:

We will complete it. We don't have a choice. September 12th is coming.
Justice Beaver
AG
quote:
quote:

Ya, because I'm sure you have such an intimate knowledge of the job schedule to be making claims like that.
p-wonk01
AG
So the brick faade they are putting up in sheets.....do they fabricate it somewhere and put it up in sheets to save time? Is it not really brick?.....curious
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
So the brick faade they are putting up in sheets.....do they fabricate it somewhere and put it up in sheets to save time? Is it not really brick?.....curious

Welcome to late winter 2014...
monarch
S
Some of those beams are not primer coated or HDG'd. Anybody know why? Or maybe they are pouring concrete around some of those members. Seems a tad odd to me...
EastCoastAgNc
AG
They are going to be interior, so they will have a fire-retardent coating sprayed on.
Sbisa Chef
Can't wait til Spirit of 02 blasts, and the vibrations cause the pre-fab brick to fall off. Give it 2 or 3 years.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
quote:

You can still see "KYLE" in this pic. It seems that they left it up.

I see FIELD...
twk
AG
quote:
Yes, it's pre-fab, made at place over at Corsicana, if I recall correctly. It is real brick, only it's about an inch thick and laid in concrete to make the panels.
McGibblets
AG
A few pictures from Wednesday afternoon

BeveledAg
No chance they finish on time
AFDave13
AG
quote:
No chance they finish on time

This guy that I met at the Shell gas station asking for money who is on the football team says they're behind schedule already
Deadwood
AG
quote:
Why not take off letters/signs and auction off?
Those letters look to be about 12 feet high. It's not like you could put them in your man cave.
First Page Last Page
Page 90 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.