Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,936 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
CrottyKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If they arent going to use them, why not knock them down instead of just covering them up? I guess cheaper to cover them up and service personnel can use the ramps when needed.
Fitch
AG
Best I can tell the ramps are going to be sealed at the top with door access. It wouldn't be difficult to air condition them, but since they're really just for exiting i don't know if there's any reason to.
GrapevineAg
AG
Just noticed that Google Maps now shows an updated view of Kyle:

McGibblets
AG
No idea when that could've been taken since there are no cranes or construction equipment around, but there's no paint on the field, so it wasn't taken during the season
JJxvi
AG
October 3. Google Earth gives the imagery date. No lines because this is over a week before Ole Miss which was our first game on the new grass surface. The grass was replaced after the Rice game played on September 13.
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
Just noticed that Google Maps now shows an updated view of Kyle:

I can see the vertical dynamic deflection from here.
Smilin Jack Ross
AG
Good Lord, so we are simply covering up ****ty concrete and letters with brick. Gawd, I'm beginning to think our engineering department is a sham lol.
WILDMAN95
AG
1. Not sure what that has to do with our engineering department.

2. Why is General Insurance shown to be located at Kyle?

3. Location of 12th Man Statue is wrong now. I wonder if when it is updated, they will show two labels?
JJxvi
AG
quote:
Good Lord, so we are simply covering up ****ty concrete and letters with brick. Gawd, I'm beginning to think our engineering department is a sham lol.
Out of curiosity, what did you think they were going to do?
marble rye
AG
Perhaps Jack missed the projected outcome:

muse1116
Based on a couple of pictures I've seen from Scotch and/or Gibs, are they tearing out the seats from the first level of the Zone? All I see is the brick and no more gray seat backs. Are they being replaced or something?
Fitch
AG
Replaced with maroon seats yes.
locogringo
AG
Construction is not all that exciting right now but I was in town yesterday and decided to grab a few pics for yall. It looks like all major efforts now are on foundations and footings, which is obvious on the construction cams, so no new news there. The maroon seats discussed above are also shown in some pics. And I got some of the zone exterior where there are no cams. Not a whole lot of new info here but maybe someone will see something in a pic that they cant see in the cams.

From Southeast tunnel

The pieces of a panoramic from the southeast corner at the top of first deck. Removed seats in the zone first deck can be seen at the end.

From the E King Gill statue. When the renderings where released at the beginning of the project I thought that enclosing the ramps for the zone was ugly and just the easy way out. But after seeing them in person almost enclosed, they look fine. I'm sure enclosing them was much cheaper than tearing them down, so saving money and retaining some use out of them (even if it is just for the maintenance guys) and not hurting the overall look of the project, I now agree with enclosing them.

Notice the large pre cast concrete slabs to the left of that tree and behind those blue job boxes. They look to be the same size as the openings left in the new brick facade. The next pic shows the guys installing some sort of brackets to those openings. The renderings show those opening being windows (I think) and the brackets look a little flimsy to hold those pre cast slabs but I can't help but notice that they are the same size as the openings. I hope the brackets are really just frame work for windows but the way they are installing them makes me think the existing tan metal is not coming down, just being covered up.

These pics are from on top of west campus garage, I actually stood next to the camera for the online cams so guess these are pointless (could just look at the cams), but these might be a little more clear

Speaking of the camera for the online cams:

Sad attempt at "photography" :

Also grabbed some pics of the REC expansion if anyone wants to see them you can find them on my Imgur account, same user name as on here. Also more Kyle Field pics on there
AGGIEGMA9
Thanks for the pictures.
6 Aggies
Scotch
AG
Bueno
Goose
schwack schwack
AG
This thread is much appreciated since I'm not close enough to see it myself. It's also a very long thread to go back through to see if my question is germans or not, so here goes:

What did they do with all that new grass that we laid down mid-season? Just curious.
Fitch
AG
It was bull dozed and scraped into a pile. There's still a strip of it along the eastern field wall.
schwack schwack
AG
Dang. I know they were in a hurry to get started, but that was some primo grass....
navy57
S
Looking at these pictures and not having detected any of the widespread Aggie doom and gloom that's inevitable in this thread, it's reasonable to conclude that this phase must behind schedule by at least 6-8 weeks.

Just kiddin' ;-)
Gig 'Em!
bco2003
AG
Great pics and captions!
Kman80
AG
Nice to see some pics. Can't wait to get back to CS myself.
95_Aggie
AG
I know it's beating a dead horse, but that EKG statue is so sad compared to the original.
Worm01
AG
quote:
Notice the large pre cast concrete slabs to the left of that tree and behind those blue job boxes. They look to be the same size as the openings left in the new brick facade. The next pic shows the guys installing some sort of brackets to those openings. The renderings show those opening being windows (I think) and the brackets look a little flimsy to hold those pre cast slabs but I can't help but notice that they are the same size as the openings. I hope the brackets are really just frame work for windows but the way they are installing them makes me think the existing tan metal is not coming down, just being covered up.
The clips they are attaching are simply to secure the framing. One panel to the right, they are installing either stud framing or aluminum window framing (can't tell for sure). My guess is they are filling that with either plaster/EIFS or spandrel glass. But, yes, they are just covering up the tan metal paneling with something. And, no, it's not the pre-cast concrete panels. No way that framing is to support those. I actually think those are the "brick" panels for covering the ramps, we're just looking at the back of them.
7Costanza
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
Dang. I know they were in a hurry to get started, but that was some primo grass....

Primo grass
fieldtrailer
AG
quote:
How much of 450 million is that costing? Reminds me of slapping up paneling to cover the walls so you can sell the house real fast.
hatchback
AG
quote:

Yes. It's called a facade. Has nothing to do with the engineering department, but the budget and scope of the project. If you have problems with this, take it up with the project team or the architects at Populous.
Worm01
AG
Explain to me the downside of leaving it there and covering it up? Why would you care?
JJxvi
AG
It'll really hurt the resale value when a potential homebuyer has it inspected.
sawemoffshort07
AG
a real black eye for the program
McGibblets
AG
Stopped by and grabbed a few pics today. Not too many noteworthy things going on right now. I expect things will start picking up in a couple of weeks.

Charlie 31
AG
Page 89!!!
pilot
AG
Hello
SpiderM85
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.