Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,166,790 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going to smell terrible too once the birds and bats get all cozy.
oldvalleyrat
AG
This sure is a far cry from when I was a fish in 1962. Sat in the horseshoe back when most of the stadium was only one level! It is going to be awesome.
outofstateaggie
AG
quote:
SO much worry about SO much minutia!

It is not symmetric!
The field is NOT centered about the student decks!
The jumbotron is too big!
The North EZ first deck and the new east side first deck do not line up!
The tunnels on the SEZ do not match those on the NEZ!

What else is causing underwear twisting to take place??

Attention to detail. What's wrong with high ($500 million) expectations?

"In the successful organization, no detail is too small to escape close attention."

Lou Holtz
1aggie02
AG
quote:
Wow, that's going to be a lot of exposed steel visible.

It will look fine once the beams are painted purple (aka Jason Cook maroon).
McGibblets
AG
quote:
"In the thuccethful organithation, no detail is too thmall to ethcape close attention."

Lou Holth

FTFY
leoj
AG
are the edges of the south zone not going to be as tall as the middle? I thought they were going to continue extending it at some point, in the renderings it is all the same height except for the parts right next to the east and west ends.
chipotle
My crazy wild ass guess is they're not finished yet with the SEZ corners
95_Aggie
AG
complaining about complaining about complaining
AgCat93
AG
quote:
Wow, that's going to be a lot of exposed steel visible.

Perhaps a tarp of some sort would be in the budget?
RebelAg635
AG
quote:
are the edges of the south zone not going to be as tall as the middle? I thought they were going to continue extending it at some point, in the renderings it is all the same height except for the parts right next to the east and west ends.

Chipotle is right, they were putting up more angle supports today on the SE side.

I also want to say that today was the first that I have been able to see Kyle in person since the renovations (living two states over has it's downsides) and as great as all the pictures McG and everyone else have been posting are, nothing quite does it justice like seeing it in person and taking a lap around the entire field
DifferenceMaker Ag
Something has gone horribly wrong with the steel structure of the SEZ.

The Ghost of Johnny
AG
X gets a square!
1aggie02
AG
quote:
Something has gone horribly wrong with the steel structure of the SEZ.

The new stadium is made out of lasers?
Frok
AG
Looks like mirrors to me.
McGibblets
AG
I've been meaning to update. I'll put a few of scotch's photos up for this past week (assuming that's ok with him), and I believe I'll probably be up there sometime this week.
The New Kyle Field
AG
Here are a few more questions for those of you that may be in the know.

1. Why are the corner towers called "activation towers"?

2. Is there any chance that there might be some standing room only or some sort of temporary seating for big games at the top of those towers?

3.Are there any provisions in the current construction to fill in the areas above the towers with permanent seating in the future? In other words, can the corners be filled in around the third deck for a possible future expansion without too much major construction?

4. I read somewhere early on in the design process that there would be a club in the south endzone that would use the R. C. Slocum Nutrition Center as a club area on game days. Does anyone know what happened to this idea and if it still may be incorporated in the future?

Sorry for the long post, but tia for the replies and all the great pictures!
STX Ag
AG
^ ironic username is ironic
scoop12
AG
quote:
I also want to say that today was the first that I have been able to see Kyle in person since the renovations (living two states over has it's downsides) and as great as all the pictures McG and everyone else have been posting are, nothing quite does it justice like seeing it in person and taking a lap around the entire field

This is very true. I live in Virginia (moving back to Dallas in July!) and have been following construction from the videos and pictures. I came to CS two weeks ago and the construction is absolutely massive. The south end zone especially. Driving down Wellborn and getting a glimpse of it for the first time was jaw dropping. If you're close by and can check it out, it's worth it.
Barnacle
AG
We've seen a facade in the South Endzone in the first renovation renderings and we've seen it without a facade in the model up in the MSC.

Do we know definitively that there won't be facade on the SEZ? I haven't hear anything that sounded official either way.

Judging from the renderings, it looked to me that that the SEZ would take the least amount of material for a facade out of all 4 sides of the stadium so I find it strange this would be where they try to get savings.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Wow this facade thing is really important to some!! Seriously who the **** cares...it has not impact on the inside Kyle product...none...ever...it funny how frothy with indignation so e get over this trivial matter!
Buford Uan Davis
quote:
Wow this facade thing is really important to some!! Seriously who the **** cares...it has not impact on the inside Kyle product...none...ever...it funny how frothy with indignation so e get over this trivial matter!

English much?
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
Where are they going to put a tree on top? Does that go up whenever the last beam is set?

Not sure where, but yes it's after the last beam. It's called topping out.
95_Aggie
AG
Why are the cameras offline?
Ag210
AG
Wondering the same thing
astroag08
AG
Took some pictures after the baseball game today...

http://imgur.com/a/3T9Eg

[This message has been edited by astroag08 (edited 5/17/2014 9:18p).]
RebelAg635
AG
Those pictures from BBP are probably the highest quality shots of Kyle I've ever seen on this thread.
AgCat93
AG
Am hoping there hasn't been an accident of some sort. Nothing noted at the Eagle or KBTX websites.

[This message has been edited by AgCat93 (edited 5/17/2014 9:36p).]
AgCat93
AG
Cameras back online at 9:45pm.
spudag
AG
Great pics astroag!

[This message has been edited by spudag (edited 5/17/2014 9:45p).]
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
Took some pictures after the baseball game today...

http://imgur.com/a/3T9Eg

[This message has been edited by astroag08 (edited 5/17/2014 9:18p).]

Well done!!!
Scotch
AG
Just saw your post, McGibblets, you can post whatever you like or let me know if I need to create a link, etc.
kevmiller
quote:
quote:
Where are they going to put a tree on top? Does that go up whenever the last beam is set?

Not sure where, but yes it's after the last beam. It's called topping out.

They topped out once the SEZ scoreboard structure went up.
They hung a big USA and state of Texas flag from the top of scoreboard. Stayed up a few days. I understand it was too windy for a tree
Barnacle
AG
quote:

Obviously, it mattered to the decision makers or else they would've done the easy thing and continued with our Soviet design theme.

Do you go to a job interview in cargo shorts and a wrinkled t-shirt? First impressions matter and communicate something about yourself.
bigblackag12
AG
Will all the activation towers be the same height after 2015?
AGAZ03
AG
Will all urinals have the same cubic feet per second flow?

This is important to use river guys!

[This message has been edited by AGAZ03 (edited 5/18/2014 1:49p).]
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.