Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Look at it this way

1,674 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by stexagg
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If the media is itching for a story to use against A&M, we're doing something right. They don't speculate that Johnny's tweet might hurt recruiting for nothing. It's wishful thinking.

We're in the big leagues, and it's offseason. Expect these kinds of stories.
Flashdiaz
AG
sure and it will blow over soon but.... this negative publicity could have easily, easily, easily been avoided.
Thunder Cosby
AG
Perspective: I'd rather he tweet stuff like that than get arrested again.
FTA011
AG
I wish he would stop being a child and get off twitter like he said he was going to
agmrpink
AG
quote:
If the media is itching for a story to use against A&M, we're doing something right.

Wrong. What our QB did was immature and irresponsible. Leaders need to lead and set examples on and off the field.

Is it alright for him to be angry about something? Absolutely, but there's an appropriate way to vent such frustrations. This media coverage is not an "out to get us" situation.

[This message has been edited by agmrpink (edited 6/18/2013 9:15a).]
Yell Practice
I am really surprised - there have not been many more.
agdidastech11
AG
Look at it this way. The greatest Aggie football player in the past several decades, maybe ever, just told the world that he hates College Station. Do you realize the effect this can have on prospective recruits. Let's face it, some of the recruits we were have been seeking decided to come here becuase the PROGRAM is on the up and up, but I would venture to say most of the decided to come here because A&M has become the COOL place to play football in Texas. If the media head of our football program tells these kids he cant wait to leave, they are going to question coming here.
Johnny Z
AG
Now Mack, Art, and Kliff can tell a recruit "Look at Manziel....he couldn't wait to get out of that two horse town."

Unfortunately, it's just ammunition for our competitors to use against us. Will it be effective? Probably not....but why give them something to use against us?

Waffledynamics
AG
BAS on full effect.
permabull
AG
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
Look at it this way. The greatest Aggie football player in the past several decades, maybe ever, just told the world that he hates College Station. Do you realize the effect this can have on prospective recruits.

Throw BAS into overdrive folks! It will have a minuscule effect on recruiting if at all. Everything about everything concerning this farking tweet has been blown out of proportion to the utmost extreme. It doesn't help either when even A&M freaking media outlets post stories on it (i.e. brent zwerneman with the SA Express news, and the fact that stories about it are on the front page on this freaking site!).

Exaggeration when applied to a Heisman winner = exaggeration to the 10th power.
Crawdaddy
AG
LOLZ at the people thinking this will hurt recruiting.
JohnClark
Agree with the OP.

And don't worry about emotional tweets affecting recruiting. Top recruits want to play in the NFL; they are looking for a head coach (with great assistants) to help them get to the NFL. Sumlin is all that matters.
stetson
AG
quote:
Do you realize the effect this can have on prospective recruits. Let's face it, some of the recruits we were have been seeking decided to come here becuase the PROGRAM is on the up and up, but I would venture to say most of the decided to come here because A&M has become the COOL place to play football in Texas. If the media head of our football program tells these kids he cant wait to leave, they are going to question coming here

The sky is not falling. Johnny got a couple of citations that he thought were BS and tweeted it while angry at CSPD not CS. This could have happened in Houston, Dallas, Austin, Eugene or Tuscaloosa and the tweet would have been the same. I think people recognize this and do not think CS is a hell hole. If it were A&M would not be what it is today and people including recruits no this.
stexagg
This story is already becoming old news....way overblown.....but Sumlin may want to step in and restrict players from owning twitter accounts...just seems to have the potential for unwelcome distractions, particularly where team chemistry is concerned.....my .02
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.