Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Thomas Johnson found and safe

86,577 Views | 358 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by r2row23
2tallintx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Amen
the12thman97
ksAG04
cnfriend09
txhsh15
Great News. Interested to hear what the story is.
Domingo Ayala
thatguy2014
AG
This is definitely a relief. I hope that whatever the reason he left he has gotten worked out, and that he knows that even though college is really difficult to adjust to, especially as a student-athlete, that he has a family here that takes care of its own.

Gig 'Em TJ!
Birdwatcher
AG
Are the rumors true?
Bayoutigercajun
Good by and have a nice life. Staff.

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 11/15/2012 2:48p).]
BoatsAndHoes88
^ lol @ any rumors.

[This message has been edited by BoatsAndHoes88 (edited 11/15/2012 1:34p).]
sbates
AG
I am glad that T.J. is safe. However, since it looks like this was voluntary behavior, I feel that the 'why and how' is important. My guess is that Coach Sumlin feels that this behavior is unacceptable as well. Sumlin can't have players pick and choose which practices to attend,disappear without communication, and cause a public distractions. My guess is that T.J. will be sidelined for a game or two. Again, I want to reiterate that I am glad he is safe, but the boy needs some discipline.
dimeboxaggie
AG
Allah Akbar!!!!!!!!!!
SEC Champs
AG
I once had a meltdown, but that want until my junior year. I was taking differential equations.
AggieRugger04
PastrySquirrel
Of course the why and how are important. They're also none of our business. His family friends & coaches will take care of whatever they need to. We onlookers who know *nothing* about him personally should keep our mouths shut and simply extend our support.
BusterAg
AG
Glad he is safe.

If it were me, unless he was kidnapped by gypsies and just now managed to escape, he would be done for the year.

Practice hard and have a good offseason, take some time to work out whatever your issues are, and lets talk about how you can contrinbute to the team in 2013.
TD95
AG
^this. And, OH YEAH, MAKE GRADES!!!
GoldenRatio
Why does he need to be done for the year? Sit him for the SHSU game. That's the only game he missed practice for. The kid obviously had some kind of emotional breakdown, but if he comes back and works hard before the Mizzou game, let him play. At least let him play the bowl game.
Knightag06
AG
Seriously, I never understood "punishing" people for going through tough, emotionally challenging times... I could understand if he cussed out the coach and stormed out the field house and skipped out on practices then came running back to the team, but this isn't the case. If anything, letting him stay on the team would prob do wonders for his recovery from whatever he was going through. I have faith in Sumlin, though. I'm sure he'll make the right call.
Gigemaggies123
glad hes safe

quote:
I once had a meltdown, but that want until my junior year. I was taking differential equations.

when i took this i had skipped a lot of hw and did pretty bad on the test, I went to see the prof and he says if I do better on my final i'll pass... never knew what i got on the final but i got a C and never looked back
TexMex Redass 03
AG
quote:
I feel that the 'why and how' is important

you're right.... that between TJ/family/sumlin...

thats it..

with all the access (facebook, twiiter, instagram, etc) that the general public has to athletes.... there are certain things that should you be kept personal and private.. and we need to respect that.. this is one of them
randy828
AG
quote:
They're also none of our business

Glad he is safe, but I believe a few taxpayers dollars went out the door in his missing case. Explanation, but not detailed can be expected from the taxpayers.

I for one don't care to have it, but telling people that it is none of their business is useless.
sbates
AG
Coach Sumlin will handle it appropriately. He has already handled a few of these issues at A&M, and he knows the psyche of TJ and the team better than we do. It will probably be a game or two suspension or some other creative way to make amends. Football is a TEAM sport which means you don't get to pick and choose what time is best for you - especially without consulting the coaches before you take your 48 hour leave.
PastrySquirrel
It's just as useless as telling people that they're complete f'in morons for slowing down to 10 mph and staring at that wreck. And still just as true.

It makes me happy to say it anyway.
CorpusAg09
Lol at the Differential Equations. I had the same mental breakdown too. I fist pumped that "C".
bdb85
AG
Thank God he is ok. As the father of rwo boys, 21 and 17, I would like to address
quote:
Seriously, I never understood "punishing" people for going through tough, emotionally challenging times... I could understand if he cussed out the coach and stormed out the field house and skipped out on practices then came running back to the team, but this isn't the case.

Leaving and not letting your supervisors/folks who care for you (the coaches and teammates) not know what is going on certainly needs addressing. There should be some consequences. Just like my sons, however, the consequences should remain in the family. I would handle my sons differently as they are different but this is an opportunity to show Thomas there are consequences and how, next time, the situation may be handled better.

Let's leave this to Thomas' family, close friends, and coaching staff.

[This message has been edited by bdb85 (edited 11/15/2012 3:20p).]
gunan01
AG
Glad to hear he is ok
BBQ4Me
AG
quote:
Lol at the Differential Equations. I had the same mental breakdown too. I fist pumped that "C"

I had a Russian prof and a Russian TA for that course. So, I stopped going to class and tried to teach it to myself. Needless to say, this did not turn out well.
gamecockhub
Good News!
Nitro Power
AG
quote:
I had a Russian prof and a Russian TA for that course.

Berko?
RDM
Thank God!
Teslag
AG
Prayers answered!
El Nino in Londontown
AG
Glad he turned up and its over in my book.
dallasag25
chico
AG
dang, I had the same DiffEQ experience. Bombed the 1st test after skipping classes. Did great on the other tests & passed the class.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.