Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Any pics of the Shreveport carnage?

14,839 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Cornerback31
Cornerback31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm with trs14. I had tickets for family and friends and was glad the administrators made a good decision based on the data at the time. Safety was a concern considering the devastation in SE La and Miss. And the prediction that the center of the storm would track right over Shreveport. Wx forecasting is an inexact science even with satellite and doppler radar technology. NOAA scientists have even tried to use the Theory of Chaos, a mathematical construct to predict outcomes where there are many variables. And the Wx has many variables some with unknown values. Yes, in hindsight, Isaac tracked much further East than predicted, but very easily could have tracked much further West. The right decision was made.

Now let's grow a pair and BTHO the gators. We're a big boy now = 'Bama opens with Michigan, A&M opens with Florida.
fta09
AG
quote:
I'm with trs14. I had tickets for family and friends and was glad the administrators made a good decision based on the data at the time. Safety was a concern considering the devastation in SE La and Miss. And the prediction that the center of the storm would track right over Shreveport. Wx forecasting is an inexact science even with satellite and doppler radar technology. NOAA scientists have even tried to use the Theory of Chaos, a mathematical construct to predict outcomes where there are many variables. And the Wx has many variables some with unknown values. Yes, in hindsight, Isaac tracked much further East than predicted, but very easily could have tracked much further West. The right decision was made.

Now let's grow a pair and BTHO the gators. We're a big boy now = 'Bama opens with Michigan, A&M opens with Florida.

At the worst, they could have worked with us to play the game somewhere in East Texas. They wanted to make the best of this situation and make it seem like they were keeping the fans safe. We ****ed up in the first place scheduling this game there. We don't need that game to have presence in LA anymore.
cooperjkk
Why would they want to give up a home game exactly?

If it was CS with the hurrican threat, would you want to go play "somewhere" in LA?
fta09
AG
If you are the little guy, there are options. And, yes, if it were A&M, as a fan, I would want to see the game happen. I'd rather watch the game this week than watch us lose the bye week. But, as Cornerback31 said, "We're a big boy now".

Also, FWIW, a home game for us > > > a "home" game for them.
RAM700BA
AG
If we are being honest here. It would have been a home game for us regardless of if it were played in Shreveport or CS.
SEC or Bust
Time to cut bait on this game and la. Tech altogether.

1, they weren't selling enough tickets to begin with, even before the hurricane became s threat.

2. The off week before lsu is more important than having to travel to Shreveport to replay the game on Oct 13th

3. It is a non-conference game that no longer serves a useful purpose in the grand scheme of things!

So cancel it altogether. We now have bigger fish to fry.
Hamburger Dan
Previous poster is dead on. They are simply not worth this aggravation.
pirmag
AG
There is a good chance we will need that win for bowl eligibility this season. They may have taken advantage of the situation but it was their call.
Our fans that are whining about this should quit whining.
Slother93
AG
Thumbs up for opaque flannel and tiny nipples!
Science Denier
AG
quote:

1. You do realize this was a CAT 1 hurricane?
2. You do realize Shreveport is THREE HUNDRED MILES from the coast?

Had the eye ran right over Shreveport, there still would have been zero safety issues. Maybe some folks traveling from South LA would have had to drive somewhere to get a hotel, but that's the extent of it.

Let's **** up our entire season, so those that have to travel somewhere, may not be able to go to Shreveport.
pv
Our AD got rolled.

Lesson learned I hope.
texaggie2009
quote:

The irony of someone who is glad a football game was called due to possible rain telling people to grow a pair is almost too rich to bear.
90ags
Our AD didn't get rolled...go read who has the say in this scenario...Slive stated WAC commissioner since LaTech home game...our AD had no say as his 'suggestions' were null and void. LA gov. did put the whole state in emergency and some travel was disrupted, but no one ever knows with storms (i.e., who can control the weather).

TV also had a say as Friday nor Sat were no longer options.

Resched awful for our 'football schedule', but geez, some need to see bigger pic in life at times.
chipotle
The spirit of this thread....ruined.
rcb05
AG
quote:

LET'S GET HIM!!!

[This message has been edited by rcb05 (edited 8/31/2012 3:34p).]
Cornerback31
AG
Come and get me. I'm a P.O. Vietnam Vet with direct combat against NVA and Viet Cong troops (Bien Hoa, Ho Top, Parrot's Beak, Tonle Cham, and the 1968 Tet Offensive in Saigon itself. Somehow you don't scare me.
BigNic05
AG
Sir I appreciate you and your service. But if you could edit your previous statement to "Come at me bro" instead of "come and get me" that would be hilarious.
WhataMaroon88
AG
I'm glad we didn't play. I was in Shreveport Thurs night and it was foggy and drizzling until like 11pm. It would have been a turnover fest.
sharpdressedman
Re-scheduled game now serves no purpose, except to get people banged-up for lsu. Agree with several posters above.
Cornerback31
AG
BigNic I appreciate the support. Consider the change to " Come at me Bro' " a done deal. WhataMaroon I agree with your observation as well. And the rescheduled game does serve a purpose, an FBS win needed for Bowl eligibility.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.