Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ring Dunk Beer Suggestions

33,965 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
TowerAg90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bud and don't remember timing it. But I chugged it. Didn't puke. I'm guessing it was under a minute.
OrygunAg
AG
Pitcher of Shiner at Chicken in front of friends like God intended. I didn't make the 96 seconds but was close with pause in middle for pics. I have the pitcher, the pics to this day.
rokshox
AG
Guinness
aeon-ag
Prescient said:

Graduated in the early 80's. Wasn't any ring dunking then.

New Army tradition. Old Army turns their nose up at such nonsense.
Graduated in '70, there wasn't even a Dixie Chicken then. This ring dunking crap is silly as hell. new army tradition!!!!!
TxAg2009WC
AG
sshm said:

Quote:

Doesn't matter, it's coming up anyways.
Counting my own, I attended the dunks of 15 people. Only 2 vomited. One little frat boy and my 120 pound girlfriend. Among those that didn't vomit were a couple of tiny sorority girls and a girly man who thought beer was icky.

U mad, bro?

As for the op, I did mine in Sam Adams Red.
Uh oh boys got a real tough guy on our hands
Bison
AG
I want to say I did it my first time in '89 at the Flying Tomato. But I did it again at Duddley's the next year because I ended up having to get it resized, and '90 was my true year anyway. (short answer: lots of placement hours)

But I recall nothing about having to do it in your class year time. The only rule I remember was "your ring, your pitcher, and if someone helps you, you start over." And maybe something about catching the ring in your teeth, I dunno. Whatever, do what you want, but be responsible and have one friend present who will always be sober enough and mean enough to say "S&^t is out of hand, you're done," and can enforce it.

And on a related note, if things DO get out of hand, you'll want to take that ring OFF and put it in your pocket before you take a swing. It'll hurt like hell to the person you clock, but it will hurt you even more when your finger swells up, and it'll hurt even more when the ER folks have to cut your ring off to save your finger (unless someone gets to you early and does the dental-floss trick).
TXAG 05
AG
Keystone Light-The nectar of the Gods
Aggiewildcatter87
AG
Lonestar
Chughes88
AG
Did mine in Pearl Light. to quote my dad, Pearl is a lot like having sex in a canoe; it's f@*$ing near water. Easy going down when left to sit in a pitcher for a while.
Euripidespants
Lonestar...or pearl. I would've went pearl which wasn't an option and certainly isn't now..so the answer is lonestar....and let it warm a little first...the cold will kill you if you're doing it correctly (if you dunked your ring over 2017 seconds and it wasn't 64 oz u didn't dunk your ring)

Needs to a full pitcher and lonestar
Euripidespants
Euripidespants said:

Lonestar...or pearl. I would've went pearl which wasn't an option and certainly isn't now..so the answer is lonestar....and let it warm a little first...the cold will kill you if you're doing it correctly (if you dunked your ring over 217 seconds and it wasn't 64 oz u didn't dunk your ring)

Needs to a full pitcher and lonestar
BRHawk
AG
Did a trifecta. Ring Dunk in Bud Light (17 sec which is my class year so Whoop), Irish Car Bomb Dunk (untimed just raced against my buddy and won), Keg Stand for class year. Good times, and I never have to chug that much again.
Ihatefallscounty
AG
Uma said:

Weak. I did a gallon of whiskey.
either your lying or your an alcoholic.

Saw a girl do a pitcher of jack and coke, we took her to the hospital.

COORS, for the win, cold as **** and foamy as all get out, still made it.
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
Brandon Witte
The Beast!

Been all around the world and the best beer is still the Beast.
Don't let that full crisp taste full ya' it packs a punch!
74AnimalA
AG
Prescient said:

We either went to the basement of the YMCA to get the little box or some had it mailed to their house.

No Dunking, No 2 ID's for a Pitcher. And Shiner absolutely was the rot-gut beer of the industry. Hell PBR's were better.

Back in the Old Days. Hell the Chicken didn't exist yet.
QB1
AG
My buddy did it in under 6 seconds and did not spill a drop and did not come up....pretty sure it's still a record at the chicken - might be the most impressive thing I have ever seen!
colekicker
AG
Shiner Bock x2 32oz because new army took away the pitchers at Northgate.
jeepdriver54
AG
old here. I put it on my hand, said that looks stupid and put it back in the box. It's been there since '78
84AGEC
AG
Shiner
Ag 11
AG
Ice cold Milwaukee's Best
JustisWalkert
AG
Picked it up from the Coke building, put it on, and walked to my hole.
aeon-ag
Prescient said:

Thank you!!!!! '70 here, there wasn't a dixie chicken then!
aeon-ag
JustisWalkert said:

Picked it up from the Coke building, put it on, and walked to my hole.
I flew home from Ft. Jackson, SC. 1970, during basic training. My father handed it to me in the Love Field terminal, Dallas. We didn't have mommy and daddy, sisters and brothers, grand ma and grand dad all the uncles and aunties attend the ring carnival then.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Ag 11 said:

Ice cold Milwaukee's Best

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.