Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M: A Great Football Program Only In Our Own Minds

18,480 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by LHN
NCTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not that my opinion is worth much, but I disagree that an elite coordinator wouldn't listen to Texas A&M. Not seeing too many of the big name programs (outside of the state of Florida) hiring coordinators as head coaches. Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, and Alabama all hired guys with head coach experience to be their head coaches. Gus Malzahan even considered the Vanderbilt job, and he's probably a top 5 coordinator in the country.

I also think that Chad Morris would come to Texas A&M to be the offensive coordinator. He's an Aggie grad and spent 16 years coaching high school football in Texas. In spite of the great year Clemson is having, it wouldn't be a downgrade either, no one outside of South Carolina thinks Clemson is a top program. Pay him what he's worth and find some way to guarantee him the level of control he has/had at Clemson and at Tulsa, and he would come.
FTAggies
This is the biggest trolling thread in the history of Texags. We have a bunch of phyuking non ags telling US how we should be more like them so we can win?

translation = CHANGE EVERYTHING ABOUT TEXAS A&M AND YOU WILL WIN YAY!!!! Here are some of my suggestions to get recruits.

college station - change the location, move the entire university somewhere else where young 18 year old black kids want to move. Or, set up more bars and clubs so that they can party between classes and practice. After all, only hip cool places get recruits.

Culture- erase our entire history, forget about all the men that we sent to war, forget all the men who died, medal of honor winners, all the commissioned officers. Forget muster, never happened, bunch of aggies who get together all over the world every year to share memories of loved ones, change it to 4/20 and smoke weed, I hear 18 year old black kids love that. Silver taps, of course no one dies on this campus, who cares anyway right?! Let's tell recruits that we never were a military school, get rid of the corps(no more squeezing at least). Let's admit more blacks, we're all white so we're racist, naturally, more blacks would make recruits more comfortable.

Yell leaders, forget it, hell let's go with strippers, I mean, the only thing 18 year old black kids think about is getting their d@(#*$ks wet right? We'll get every 5 star kid EVER!!!!!

Coaching - obviously we haven't had a decent F@#$ing coach in a long time

You guys are real @#($*&ing geniuses, do us a favor a F@#($ OFF, go back to troll your own boards.

Texas A&M and it's traditions have a much deeper meaning than some stupid landscaping on a field, a bird flying over the stadium, no names on the jerseys, the dotting of the "i" in ohio, bla bla bla. Many of our traditions go back to a time where our entire student body went to fight and die and defend our nation and innocent men and women from total genocide. While our universities' men were sacrificing our lives yours was padding your trophy cases. While we were out fighting you were out sipping tea and building your "traditions."

Why don't we forget about all the men who sacrificed to get us where we are so we can look "cool and hip" to some 18 year old black recruit.
agracer
AG
quote:
People don't dream about being in the military or hanging out with a bunch of white guys with shaved heads. The yell leaders need to go. Bring in cheerleaders.

You had a good post going and then threw this BS into the mix. Yeah, the 5-star guys are going to turn down OU b/c we have better looking cheerleaders...."umh...sorry Coach Stoops, I know I can win and play lots of games on TV but A&M has better looking cheerleaders so I'm going to commit to them"....
Cardboardboxer
The military history isn't a problem. In fact I wish we would play that up more considering the fact that on average there are more minorities in the military than whites. We are in an age of war. Military represents a huge swath of people. The military ties are not the problem.

The problem is the whitebread and conservative culture. We need a little more liberal at A&M- I am glad the new chancellor is a Democrat even though I am a Republican.

The funny part is that Bryan has more than enough authentic minority culture needed to make A&M more appealing, but that would require the two cities and their populations to embrace each other for once.

[This message has been edited by Cardboardboxer (edited 11/2/2011 1:23p).]
Post removed:
by user
LHN
THIS!!!

www.aolnews.com/2007/07/26/dirtiest-football-programs-3-texas-aandm/

You guys lost respect when you went to the dark side....and your still paying for that....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.