Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

T-Murph

97,388 Views | 375 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cj774
Texags is garbage
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Would you prefer them go to the media or remain silent?

Don't ever take away someones voice.

I never said in any way he should remain silent.
CDUB98
AG
PN
Dan Scott
AG
quote:
I don't know who mentioned physical abuse on here about Fran, but I never heard that. I just heard about the overall treatment. Glad I played for Slocum.

So how were you mistreated?
czar_iv
AG
quote:
If Fran mistreated people I don't think we should all find out via facebook or twitter.
otherwise you would not know ...
Ragoo
AG
You think the AD would make it public information?

reporting it somewhere where you will not be heard is the same thing as remaining silent.
Texags is garbage
quote:
otherwise you would not know ...

So you're saying facebook/twitter are the only ways to find out stuff like this?

[This message has been edited by another future AG (edited 12/29/2009 2:45p).]
Arnie Grape
quote:

So how were you mistreated?

Learn to read, genius.
quote:
I was behind Fran the first year until I started hearing how he treated the players from my friends
Terence Kitchens
I wasn't, I didn't play for Fran. Slocum treated us fairly and with respect.

CDUB98
AG
for us, yes
Texags is garbage
quote:

How do you know this?
Dan Scott
AG
Then how did they say they were mistreated?
Quantum ace
AG
No son, all we said is that it was stupid to say we should not here about it from twitter/facebook. No one ever said it was the only place we should hear about it from.

Logic is not a strength for you, is it son?
Quantum ace
AG
quote:
quote:

How do you know this?

Well how do you know he didnt tell the AD first? You dont, so stfu.
Texags is garbage
None of us know lol. I think that if enough players come to the AD he has no other choice but to act on the situation.

[This message has been edited by another future AG (edited 12/29/2009 2:51p).]
rtrd
Good thing A&M doesn't have a history of coaches mistreating players.
nai06
AG
whatever was posted in the OP is blocked.

can anyone fill me in?
Quantum ace
AG
quote:
Terrence Murphy- It is amazing that two coaches in the Big 12 are getting negative press for mis-treating players on their football teams. WOW, Coach Fran treated players at A&M like this the day he arrived at A&M. Now that I am a man, looking back it hurts my heart to know how many of my teammates will never come back to A&M because o...f those antics, and how many kid's life was altered because of it...
Guess it did not happen to a football legend's son, so it was ignored. ESPN brought back bad memories. One love old teammates, you know I keep it real, regardless. I fault myself for not stepping up as the leader of the team and saying something.
CDUB98
AG
nai, go see AO.
TX AG 88
AG
i hate to hear that Fran was that way and that it has shaded some players' feelings about the school overall.

striking how Bear Bryant was as bad or worse (from reading Junction Boys) yet those players gelled because of it and loved the school (presumably)
ArmyDoc
AG
Terrence,

Thanks for posting. Takes big rocks to publicly reveal yourself as a former player in this forum.

This is currently being discussed on another thread on this forum, and I was hoping that you could weigh in on the topic. Obviously, there has been much discussion over the last 18 hours about our special teams play. How much of "special teams" is coachable, and what can be done to improve special teams play in general? As far as punters and kickers, how much of the performance is inate ability and how much can be coached? I would never ask you to publicly say anything bad about a coach or a player, so please don't think that I am doing that with this question. I do not expect nor want an indictment from you on what player X or coach Y should've or could've done. Just interested on your input on a phase of the game that I know very little about. Thanks.
circa87
AG
my bad, confusion on my part

[This message has been edited by cstx87 (edited 12/29/2009 3:04p).]
boogieman
AG
Staff, can we get tkitchens an AgTag and a number button?
czar_iv
AG
quote:
So you're saying facebook/twitter are the only ways to find out stuff like this?
Yes, unless you are a personal friend of someone in the program. Hell, you want T-Murph to stop by your house and let you know what happen with Fran 4 years ago.
spadilly
S
quote:

this
ArmyDoc
AG
Was that "srsly" to me?

If so then, yes, seriously. I don't know about coaching or playing special teams and I think that a former player on said special teams could weigh in on the subject.
bkingtamu
AG
The issue with Fran doesn't sound like it is about physical abuse. Its sounds like it was about RESPECT. You can get your point across to players without being physically or verbally abusive.

Do coaches lose their cool sometimes and "verbally abuse" a player? Sure. Should it be accepted as if there is nothing wrong with that? Not necessarily. Should it be encouraged? No. However, once it becomes a constant, and not random incidents, then you have a problem. Unfortunately, when you are winning, this type of unnecessary behavior is tolerated.

Coaches are supposed to win, no doubt about that. However, as educators, part of a coach's responsibility is to make men out of young adults. Part of doing so is showing respect to these young adults and teaching them to respect others. Coaches who win and respect their players are your real winners, and probably hard to find. You can be the greatest coach, teacher, boss, etc in the world, but if those individuals you are responsible for do not respect you, you will not receive the desired results. Sounds like that was the problem with Fran.

Appears as though Fran painted an outside image of team unity, but inside the program he was not doing his part to unify the team where and when it mattered. I sat in front of a former player at the Indy Bowl and heard similar things from him.
TOUCHDOWN!
Jesus tap-dancing Christ, half of the people on this thread have the reading comprehension level of a second grader.
rtrd
When a coach yells, it hurts my feelings.
Terence Kitchens
Thanks.

First, I don't want to get on here and say things I won't stand behind. When I post, I mean what I say and my name is with it.

On your special teams question, I have no comment.....

Seriously, I don't want to comment on it here out of respect for the guys on the team and coaches. Wouldn't want it done to me.
McInnis 03
AG
What are you talking about? The whole team went to see "Miracle" together, it was a great chemistry builder.
Arnie Grape
And don't forget the wrist bands!
rtrd
Water Balloon Fights!
ArmyDoc
AG
I understand, and I respect your decision. honestly, I didn't want you to comment on anyone by name or even about our current players. I just honestly don't know if a kicker or a punter can be "coached up." I can't kick a ball. That is a fact. I can't coach football. In fact, a monkey drawing X's and O's in his own feces on the ground would probably have a better chance of writing out a coherent play than I would. I was wondering if a guy like me, someone with little or no innate ability could be taught to kick a ball (not ike record setting kicks or anything, but just kick in general). However, after writing that out I can see how you answering it could be read as a slam on the program no matter how you answer it, so, strike it from the record.
tbone421998
AG
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this

Thanks for your comments Mr. Kitchens. Thanks for your time at Texas A&M.
Texags is garbage
Do you want to punt?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.