How much is a yearbook from 1910 worth?

4,876 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Aggie63
2scoopsofjosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cleaning my grandfathers house and he isn't an Aggie but has a yearbook from 1910. Any idea how much it's worth? The condition is really good.

expresswrittenconsent
What school? Any famous ppl in from said school students then?
2scoopsofjosh
It's from A&M. The Long Horn
ABATTBQ87
AG
2scoopsofjosh said:

Serious offer: i'll give you $87 for it
chick79
AG
We recently bought the 1926 Longhorn. This was the golden anniversary of the University. I think my wife paid 60 bucks for it on eBay.
ABATTBQ87
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

2scoopsofjosh said:

Serious offer: i'll give you $87 for it

I'm a buyer if you want to sell
Vestal_Flame
AG
My guess is about $200, assuming that it is in good condition, and I will gladly pay in cash or by Venmo.

Please post pictures.
iamtheglove
2scoopsofjosh said:

Cleaning my grandfathers house and he isn't an Aggie but has a yearbook from 1910. Any idea how much it's worth? The condition is really good.

I collect all sorts of Texas A&M memorabilia and keep a database of items sold on eBay. In the last 15 years there have been 3 1910 Texas A&M "Longhorn" yearbooks sold. 2 were in good condition and one in fair condition. The average price of the 3 was $272. If in very good to excellent condition I would think yours would be worth $300 to $350.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
IAM, please post some of the more expensive Ag collectibles - I collect on a modest scale

and am interested to see what prices are on some items. I have a 1922 LONGHORN

Twelfth Man yearbook bought for $ 225 about 10 years ago. My prize possession.

Thanks!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
TRD-Ferguson
AG
I have one from 1940. A t.u. alum I work with picked it up at a garage sale in Austin for $5. He thought it was one of "their" yearbooks. He happily gave it to me!

It's interesting seeing photos of folks that various streets, buildings, etc. would be named in their honor.
iamtheglove
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

IAM, please post some of the more expensive Ag collectibles - I collect on a modest scale

and am interested to see what prices are on some items. I have a 1922 LONGHORN

Twelfth Man yearbook bought for $ 225 about 10 years ago. My prize possession.

Thanks!
Here are a couple reference points:

The first A&M yearbook 1895 "Olio" - 4 sold on eBay, average price $4773 (note that I have excluded one that was listed as a "buy it now" for $500 since it wasn't a competitive bid). Someone got quite a deal on that one.

1922 Texas A&M vs Centre College Dixie Classic football program - 2 sold, average price $3352

1908 Texas A&M vs Texas panoramic football game photo - 2 sold, average price $1542

1922 Texas A&M vs Texas football program, 2 sold average price $1001

1903 Texas A&M Long horn yearbook, 3 sold, average price $777

1941 Texas A&M vs Texas felt pennant, 4 sold, average price $545

1915 Texas A&M vs Texas football program (the 13-0 bevo game), 3 sold, average price $462

1922 Texas A&M yearbook, 10 sold, average price $215

Generally speaking, the older the yearbook the higher the price.

For football programs, those from 1915-1934 are more scarce than 1935 or later and command a higher price (up to the mid three thousands). I know of an example from every football game played from 1935 on with the exception of the 1936 Hardin-Simmons and the 1946 Arkansas. But from 1915-1934 only about half the games have known programs. The mid/late teens (1916-1919) are particularly scarce. Anything before 1915 would be significantly higher. I only know of 2 extant programs from that era, the 1906 vs Texas and the 1914 vs Rice.

Pennants seem to sell for a lot relative to their scarcity - not uncommon for pre-1940s to go for $500 plus.

Any legit A&M uniforms or helmets from the 1970s or earlier will go for $500 to several thousand depending on age.

Anything A&M autographed by Bear Bryant or John David Crow will command as much as the high hundreds into the thousands.

Old RV Ag
AG
Make me wonder what one of my dad's yearbooks that has E. King Gill's signature in it would go for. My dad played football with him. Although it will never sell as there are a couple more generations of Aggies who will fight over who gets it.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
IAM, Many thanks ! Very interesting !

Looks like I paid too much at the time for the 22 Longhorn.

I met E. King Gill at a SMU post game party in Dallas way back. Often wondered how my friend

was able to get Gill to his house. I realized yesterday that my friend's father was pictured in the 22

yearbook as a Senior and probably knew Gill personally.

My Frog roommate's father scored a TD in the 22 Centre game.

The writeup about the game misspelled Centre as Center.
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
aggiejim70
AG
They misspelled my dad's name in the 1950 Aggieland. Does that count?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
iamtheglove
Old RV Ag said:

Make me wonder what one of my dad's yearbooks that has E. King Gill's signature in it would go for. My dad played football with him. Although it will never sell as there are a couple more generations of Aggies who will fight over who gets it.
RV, I don't think I've ever seen an E King Gill autographed item. I try to look at yearbooks from his time to see if he signed, but haven't found one yet. I would imagine it would be pretty valuable if ever sold. But sounds like you have a much better home for it with family.
iamtheglove
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

IAM, Many thanks ! Very interesting !

Looks like I paid too much at the time for the 22 Longhorn.

I met E. King Gill at a SMU post game party in Dallas way back. Often wondered how my friend

was able to get Gill to his house. I realized yesterday that my friend's father was pictured in the 22

yearbook as a Senior and probably knew Gill personally.

My Frog roommate's father scored a TD in the 22 Centre game.

The writeup about the game misspelled Centre as Center.
Big Jim, curious who your roommate's dad was who scored a touchdown vs. Centre?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Ted Winn ! Played tackle. Scored on an interception. YB only wrote in generalities -see "Aggies :

A Century of Football Tradition " for a better write up of the 22 game. He is id'd as W.E. Winn .

Son tried out in 45 spring training - came in all beat up every day - he weighed

over 200 lbs. Didn"t make the team. Later transferred to Rice and graduated.
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
PDLPc/o2005
AG
I have a 1910,1911,1912, and 1913 yearbook along with some postcards and student letters from the same individual and have often wondered about selling them. But since they were from a single student, I've never been able to bear breaking them apart.
CanyonAg77
AG
My dad came to A&M spring of 1946, and was only able to stay one semester. He tried out for football, as did a ton of WWII vets who were in their mid-20s, tough as nails, and afraid of nothing on a football field. A 17-year-old scrawny kid like dad never had a chance.

But he always loved A&M, and 6 descendants and 2 spouses of descendants are Aggies
aTm 99
AG
PDLP, I've got a pretty good yearbook collection and would love to talk to you about the 4 you referenced!
Give me a call or shoot me a text @ Eight 32 4 Forty-four 5 Eight Fifty-four.

ABATTBQ87
AG
I purchased a 1912 Longhorn for $350 last month
Aggie63
AG
I have the 1924 Longhorn. E. King Gill all over the place in the pages...Beautiful pages throughout. It's quite a piece of art and history. Looks like a $12.50 price sticker on the inside page.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.