Historically your least fav American

12,161 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by who?mikejones
who?mikejones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If the murmurs about James comey/brennen/clapper prove to be true, they shoot to the top of the list.
Corporal Punishment
AG
I can't think of anyone that wouldn't turn this into a political discussion. I'll leave the Forum 16 stuff to those guys.
Ag_of_08
AG
BQ78 said:

Quote:

Ambrose Burnside
Wow, he wouldn't even make my list of 10 worst generals of the Civil War and he's in your top 5 least favorite Americans of all time, yikes.

My actual dislike for him comes more from his time as commander of IX corps in 1863 and gen order 38. The tendency to wad the constitution up and arrest people for criticism of politicians is an ...issue.

He was an incompetent general, and a petty tyrant.... he has always stuck out as a particularly detestable figure.
cbr
AG
If I was sure obama was even American I would say him.
chick79
AG
Woodrow Wilson was the first name that popped in my head
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Barry sotoro aka Barry O. Not even close tried to destroy America
TexasAggie81
FDR - the father of the modern American welfare state.
Cen-Tex
AG
Quote:

Carter pulled the rug out from under the Shaw and helped Kohmani (sp?) come back from France.
I still remember the long gasoline lines at service stations and Carter encouraging everyone to turn their thermostats down to 65* in the winter to save energy.
Smeghead4761
Cen-Tex said:

Quote:

Carter pulled the rug out from under the Shaw and helped Kohmani (sp?) come back from France.
I still remember the long gasoline lines at service stations and Carter encouraging everyone to turn their thermostats down to 65* in the winter to save energy.

That had nothing to do with the fall of the Shah in 1979. That was due to the Arab oil embargo of 1973, which was the Arab oil states being hacked off at the U.S. for supporting Israel in the 1973 Yom Kippur War.

Not saying Carter was a good president, or even a competent one (he wasn't either). But the 1970s oil crisis didn't start on his watch.
cbr
AG
Woodrow wilson
Fuchs and Rosenberg
Robert Hansen
Aldrich Ames
Robert walker
All current mainstream media and pretty much everyone in dc.
Bill and Hillary
'Chelsea' manning

Noshir Gowadia not sure he really qualifies.

Obama doesn't really qualify as an American but he was pres so he qualifies.

This isn't just 'politics' anymore.
Cen-Tex
AG
Langenator said:

Cen-Tex said:

Quote:

That had nothing to do with the fall of the Shah in 1979. That was due to the Arab oil embargo of 1973, which was the Arab oil states being hacked off at the U.S. for supporting Israel in the 1973 Yom Kippur War.

Not saying Carter was a good president, or even a competent one (he wasn't either). But the 1970s oil crisis didn't start on his watch.
Didn't say it had something to do w/the Shah. If you recall there was a 2nd oil crisis in 1979. I sat in long lines waiting to put gas in my car & didn't like it. Jimmy Carter was president from 1977-1981.
oldvalleyrat
AG
If you remember that on Carter's watch, not only did Iran get thrown into the toilet but the interest rate went crazy on loans. I had to move during his presidency and bought a new house for an interest rate that will never be matched! I was fortunate to be able to refinance before it killed me.

I am convinced that Carter takes the cake for sure! I am not saying that he did all this on purpose, he was just an idiot. Since he was president, he has made an idiot of himself time and time again. Just remember the poor folks in the embassy.
All organizations are perfectly aligned for the results they get.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
oldvalleyrat for the win ! Carter said the vote in Venezuela was honest ! 19% on brokerage account !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Spore Ag
If you go to the Carter Library there is a section where he takes full credit on releasing the hostages in Iran.
BQ78
AG
While technically true, Carter's people negotiated the deal, everyone knew that it was Reagan's upcoming inauguration that got them to the table.
Mule_lx
AG
SeaHoss said:

Dean Corll. Infamous Houston area serial killer. Killed two of my childhood friends.
I commented earlier that I had never heard of this. While visiting with my dad, we were discussing my mom's family (she passed in the early 90s). One of her first cousins was a victim of Corll's.
Belton Ag
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

Dan Sickles?
Now that's a guy who led an interesting life.
cazadore
I don't think they were rogues. I do think that they were very human beings, warts and all. They did heroic acts and were flawed humans just like the Founders of this great nation. For an unvarnished and well documented reference, read H.W. Brands book Lone Star Nation.
cazadore
Bull Connor
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Cen-Tex said:

Langenator said:

Cen-Tex said:

Quote:

Didn't say it had something to do w/the Shah. If you recall there was a 2nd oil crisis in 1979. I sat in long lines waiting to put gas in my car & didn't like it. Jimmy Carter was president from 1977-1981.
And then you could only get FOUR gallons!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Poot
Epstein.
oragator
Taney, McCarthy,Arnold,

But just for the fun of history, I will throw out Ralph Cameron. A crooked Arizona business man who tried everything legal and illegal to own a good chunk the Grand Canyon. Had he won out, we wouldn't have that park - after it was a national park he went so far as to charge folks to go on the bright angel trail despite it being in the park because he claimed he owned it. He wanted dams, mining, pretty much anything that would have ruined the beauty of the place... As a senator he tried to have the head of parks (Mather) removed, had his brother in law installed in a key position, tied to defund appropriations for the park, and a host of other things.
Just a selfish man who could have taken one of our jewels away had he won.
HarleySpoon
AG
oldvalleyrat said:

If you remember that on Carter's watch, not only did Iran get thrown into the toilet but the interest rate went crazy on loans. I had to move during his presidency and bought a new house for an interest rate that will never be matched! I was fortunate to be able to refinance before it killed me.

I am convinced that Carter takes the cake for sure! I am not saying that he did all this on purpose, he was just an idiot. Since he was president, he has made an idiot of himself time and time again. Just remember the poor folks in the embassy.
And there was also that poor rabbit he attacked with a paddle while in a canoe.
Buck Turgidson
Rosenbergs, Obama, Hillary, Pelosi, Schiff, and many others - all birds of a marxist feather.

If you want me to get more historical, I might say Abraham Lincoln. He bears a disproportionate share of the blame for the deaths of millions of Americans, all to satisfy his need to control the south. There is a certain mental illness that affects many in politics - they have a deep seated NEED to control others and force them to do their will. I must assume Lincoln had that if he was willing to kill millions to prevent a peaceful exit of the southern states. Don't even bring up slavery as his motivation - he didn't give a damn about the slaves. His motivation was the motivation of a conqueror, not a liberator. Flame away.
Gunny456
AG
rw1987
AG
Barack Obama. Wasn't qualified to run a lemonade stand, but wound up running our country.
TexasAggie73
AG
It's easy to make a case for the mass murders and other like that to say they are the worst, but for the politicians and military leaders, it's much harder to judge from our 21st century eyes and what we know of the results their decisions lead to long term with our own built in prejudices. How many of them would go back and make different decisions now seeing the results of their actions?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I've got some candidates
FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
Bighunter43 said:

This is not going to be popular, but one of my least favorite Americans is Barack Obama! What did he actually accomplish in 8 years other than a beer summit and getting Bin Laden? He set race relations as far back as I can remember in my lifetime, doubled my insurance premiums with the ACA, he allowed Isis to form and prosper, unemployment soared, he apologized to Japan and others for what we did in WW2, the Iran Deal, Fast and Furious, allowed riots to go on destructing people's private property, etc.....buy hey, I guess he lit the Whitehouse up in rainbow colors when the Supreme Court ruled Gay Marriage legal and Trayvion Martin could have been his son so there's that!! Bash away at me...but I can't stand him!!

100% agreed.
stoneyjr78
AG
Roger Eugene Fain. Dean Arnold Corll a close second. Wish y'all would move your politics to the Politics page.
who?mikejones
AG
Are politicians off limit when discussing least favorite americans?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.