Movie "April 9th" - Denmarks one day war.

2,154 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OldArmy71
Rabid Cougar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
April 9th

Came across this movie on Prime last night. Its about a Danish Army bicycle platoon and its actions on April 9th 1940, Denmark's one day war.

Its was surprisingly good. Kind of like a Danish Band of Brothers as they interview the platoon's members at the end.

With subtitles.
BQ78
AG
Excellent movie, as well as Unknown Soldier about the Finns in the Continuation War (although it is a little long and not as tight as this movie was.
AgRyan04
Thanks for the recommendation, I watched it tonight.

This was something I knew virtually nothing of, other than it was a 1 day fight. Good movie
Eliminatus
AG
Also highly recommend. It's one of those events that I knew happened but this really fleshed it out for me and spurned me to do more research.

Also highlights some of the greatest frustrations ever imagined on a battlefield. Needless death.
JABQ04
AG
"The King's ' Choice" is another good one. It's about the king of Norway fleeing the advancing Nazis and the invasion of Norway.
OldArmy71
AG
I just watched Land of Mine on Amazon, about how Denmark forced some 2000 German POWs to clear mines laid during the war along the west coast of Denmark. Many of the POWs were teenagers. It is EXCELLENT. I urge you to watch this.
Rabid Cougar
AG
JABQ04 said:

"The King's ' Choice" is another good one. It's about the king of Norway fleeing the advancing Nazis and the invasion of Norway.
Just saw it this past weekend. Excellent!

I had no idea that a land based fort sank the Blucher... with two torpedoes hits no less.

Blucher
OldArmy71
AG
Just saw "King's Choice." I second the recommendations. It was a bit long but very well acted, especially by the guy who plays the king. For me, the precise relationship of the king to the Norwegian parliament was not all that obvious, but it was clear what the Nazis were asking him to do, so that minor confusion was no big deal.

I also enjoyed the snowy locales of Norway.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.