History lost to Islam

12,162 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by stoneyjr78
Smokedraw01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How was this any different than the toppling of Lenin, Sadam, or George the III statues?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Misleading thread title.
Buck Turgidson
I'm amazed that there are still posters trying to goal tend for muslims after everything that has happened in the past decades. Some are just incapable of seeing the plain truth of things I guess.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

I'm amazed that there are still posters trying to goal tend for muslims after everything that has happened in the past decades. Some are just incapable of seeing the plain truth of things I guess.
I think it's safe to say that most posters on this board/thread have never lived in an Islamic state. Therefore, their perception is only what the news feeds you. Which is different than what you would see with your own eyes.

I'm at the front of the line to say that Islam desperately needs their own Martin Luther.

Saudi Crown Prince MBS is doing what he can but, when you've got no central body in charge of doctrine, you get lots of fractured groups using the name of the religion to do things that have nothing to do with the religion.

If you just want to focus on the negatives with any group of people, you're going to miss out on a lot of the positives.

Saudi Arabia begins work on SR75 billion Ad Diriyah histroical restoration project
Project aims to preserve heritage architecture and create modern mixed-use community

You could even go visit that site if you'd like
https://www.visitsaudi.com/en/see/highlights/historical-Dir-iyah

In an earlier post, I mentioned the Pyramids at Giza and The Sphinx. But, if you ever get the opportunity, I can't highly recommend enough during your trip to Egypt, going to see Karnak Temple at Luxor and The Valley of the Kings.

titan
S
Smokedraw01 said:

How was this any different than the toppling of Lenin, Sadam, or George the III statues?
Those were the CURRENT enemy of the people doing the toppling. Not destroying world past history. But there may be more to this than may meet the eye.

I see its an old thread, but there is a post worth noting with the passage of time.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
titan
S
74OA said:

As the above examples safely existed in Muslim countries for many, many centuries before being damaged recently, the idea that Islam itself is a ruthless force for destroying archeological sites doesn't add up. It's true that the terrorists from ISIS who did the actual recent destruction claim to represent Islam, but that's like McVeigh claiming to be a Christian, imo.
There is something to what you say. And also to what Mr.AGSPRT04 posted right after on page one back in '17.

Understand that even in the Middle Ages, 1009 was something of an outlier. It caused controversy even in the Islamic world. The culprit was seen in radical terms. But you can always find examples of a this or that over centuries of history. The main thing is to not miss 774OA's main point because it contains something important:

Quote:

As the above examples safely existed in Muslim countries for many, many centuries before being damaged recently, the idea that Islam itself is a ruthless force for destroying archeological sites doesn't add up.
If you look at it, ISIL's resemblance to the activist Left on this point is probably not accidental. Even when they were active they came across as a caricature of Islam, an exaggerated version the kind of thing someone following stereotypes would set up. We know pretty much now the Obama admin was a bad actor, and if anything enabled its growth and perhaps more. Its certainly matter of record in Sept 2016 Kerry was prepared to have Syria fall to ISIL to bring down Assad. What does consistently does do this kind of destruction is Marxism; starting with its maternal origin, the Jacobin French Revolution. You might say the current looks more influenced by the caricatures of their religion than its past, because they are no better educated in the Mideast about accuracy of such things than young here. This is where the idea of an Islam Reformation comes in--it is not really correct to say medieval Islam destroyed all it encountered. That should be obvious. Its not a "necessary" feature of Islam. Its more something that happens during the initial spasms of a sack or uprising. When it continues after order is restored (for example in the already "in order" America of present) ---you are dealing with something more systematic. All this suppose is just trying to say there is hope for Islam to improve; distorting forces are at work since at least 1979 and especially this century.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
stoneyjr78
AG
There was that US private family owned company that created a market for Illegal Christian antiquities for their US based Bible museum until they were caught out and had to give them back to the country they were stolen from. That was last year or the year before. Then long ago, Rome diverted some crusaders to sack Constantinople to consolidate Christian power in Rome.the English Protestants sacked the Catholic Churches and then gold went to the king. They had been used as safe houses for travelers so travel in the UK was even more treacherous for a while. Here, more recently, we have had raids on Black churches, synagogues, and mosques. That doesn't count the daily business of contractors trying to finish a job and hoping no one catches them ignoring an old grave yard or artifacts, hand made and hand laid bricks in Freedmens Town in Houston being a recent example. It's a pretty big stretch to compare Marxism and Islam. It is more mob mentality and greed.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.