War memorials at A&M

16,184 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Original AG 76
coyote68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am '68. I have sons, '15 and '16 so I am blessed to be on campus frequently. I get tears in my eyes each time I walk around that very special place. For me the whole campus is a memorial to the thousands of men and women who have bravely served our country, with many making the ultimate sacrifice.
ABATTBQ87
AG
West Gate Memorial has been relocated to the corps dorm area.
CanyonAg77
AG
Updated for a somewhat similar post. A guy on the Military Board is looking to see if any Aggies who died in WWI are buried in France. He's having trouble finding any info. I got to thinking that a starting point would be a list of names.

So toward that point, does anyone have a clear photo of the WWI (nee "West Gate") Memorial, where the names would be legible on a computer screen?

http://texags.com/forums/63/topics/2792538

Quad Dog
AG
A little bit better...
Pete.Normand1971
Huisachel wrote:

"The finest memorial I have ever seen was on the back wall of the MSC where all your Medal of Honor awardees are honored."

I live in College Station, but haven't been to the MSC in a long time. I thought these memorials to the Medal of Honor awardees were on the front wall of the MSC. Have they been moved?

AgBQ-00
AG
They are in the front. But most people enter from the Kyle side of the Msc so it seems like the back
The Original AG 76
AG
Pete.Normand1971 said:

Huisachel wrote:

"The finest memorial I have ever seen was on the back wall of the MSC where all your Medal of Honor awardees are honored."

I live in College Station, but haven't been to the MSC in a long time. I thought these memorials to the Medal of Honor awardees were on the front wall of the MSC. Have they been moved?

They have reworked the MoH memorials and they are outstanding. They are still on the north side of the building but on the opposite wall.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.