I'm a Type 1 diabetic and have had many endos over the years. The best I've found is Dr. Kateryna Komarovskiy in The Woodlands. I no longer see her as she's a little too hands on for my liking, but she knows her stuff far better than any endo I've found, and I've had T1 diabetes for over 40 years.
By hands on I mean she micromanages just about every aspect of the disease which I don't need. My A1Cs over the last 20 years have never been higher than a 4.7. This last one was a 4.4. I feel like I have a very good handle on the disease and the micromanagement can be irritating. That said, if you need hand holding, I can think of nobody better. She'll bring you into her office and sit with you for an hour going over absolutely everything. What doctor does this?
She's excellent and would whole-heartedly recommend her. Doubt you'll find anyone better if you need her type of care.