Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Power Rack Suggs and Reccos

10,605 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sweet Kitten Feet
JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey TexAgs,

I am in the market for a Power Rack. I know terrible timing. Want to spend under $1000. Everything is sold out. What do yall recommend? I had looked at Rogue Monster Lite setups, but they are 3-4 weeks out. Any others out there you would recommend.

Using it for squats, bench, pullups, bands, TRX among others. I appreciate the help.
aggiespartan
AG
We found a Titan T-3 power rack on their eBay site. It was out of stock on the website, but they listed 30 or so there. I saw someone say that they got one of the Rogue racks a few days ago, but anything that comes in stock will sell out right away. I've seen Fray Fitness list some things coming back in stock and Fringe has some in stock dates on their page. My advice would be to figure out which ones you would be willing to buy and refresh those pages a few times a day.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Yeah I talked with Rogue today and they said they are discontinuing all of their Infinity series(2x3") in favor of only the 3x3" Monster and Monster Lite series. He told me 3 weeks before they come in stock. I have set up email notifications for all of them in my price range.

I have been scanning ebay, but haven't found much, that is not pick up only.

I will have to check out the others.
aggiespartan
AG
Don't trust the email notifications. I got one last week after something already sold out.
gigemJTH12
AG
are you in Houston? follow @FDHTX on instagram. Its where I got mine and they are doing daily pick up packages right now. Rigs are always part of them.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I'm in College Station so Houston is close enough. Thanks. I'll check them out.
gigemJTH12
AG
they are on the north west side of town so that would be really close for you.

their stuff is legit I built my whole home gym there. its in an old crappy warehouse so they cut down on overhead and sell cheap stuff.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Well got an in stock email from Rogue. Able to buy a monster lite rack before it sold out.

Now if I could just find a bar and plates. Luckily I have some dumbbells to pass the time until then.

Guy in Houston is sold out right now.

Still recovering from the "flu and pneumonia " so can't do much anyways.
aggiespartan
AG
Rogue has had some bumpers and steel plates randomly come into stock, so keep watching. It has been pretty random too.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
One of these days I'm going to get 1000 in stock emails. I seriously signed up for everything. Haha
aggiespartan
AG
Me too. Now the problem that I'm having is that things are coming in one at a time and I can't really justify spending more on shipping than the 1 item that's in stock.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Fringe Sport is offering pre order on bumper plates. They are set to ship on 6/14. Guess it is dumbbells until then.

Any recommendation for an adjustable bench?
aggiespartan
AG
We ordered one from Titan but haven't gotten it yet. Their backorder dates are not exactly accurate. We looked at Rep, but their shipping costs swayed us away, although their benches have great reviews.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Yeah this shortage is crazier than ammo panic buying.
Added my Horse stall matts and moved in all my triathlon gear. Treadmill, bike trainer and rowing machine.

Rogue SM-2 Rack should ship in 30 days.
Texas Barbell 30-45 days.
Fringe plates 6/14

Just need to find a bench.

Max Power
AG
Titan has a power rack currently showing in stock, I ordered one this morning. This looks like it will do the trick for me. I still need a barbell and weights, but I have more confidence in being able to find them later. My garage is tall enough so I can handle one this size. I'll try to remember to post how long it takes for a shipping confirmation. I had been set on a Rogue Monster Lite, but no idea when those will be available. But this one is also 3" x 3" with 11 gauge steel.

https://www.titan.fitness/racks/power-racks/x-3-series/x-3-series-bolt-down-power-rack-%7C-tall-%7C-36%22-depth/400296.html
aggiespartan
AG
Our titan rack works well for us. We are going to upgrade the safeties once they are in stock. The poles on these are kind of annoying if you want to move them.
Max Power
AG
Just as an update, I got a call from Fedex freight and my power rack is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I've been checking for barbell sets daily (been watching for bumper plates and metal), nothing out there, but the rack showing up is a nice development. It showing up at least gives me the excuse to start getting the room ready. Need to go and get some plywood and horse stall mats to build a platform. I don't want to anchor this thing into the concrete and building a platform out of plywood and rubber mats appears to be pretty straight forward.
aTm2004
AG
Bought a used one of these from a TA member last spring and it's been awesome. Very sturdy and I can do a full body workout on it. I was worried about how good the cable system would be, but it is actually really good. Shoot a little silicon lube on the pulleys a couple times a year and they stay smooth and quiet.

https://www.valorfitness.com/BD-7-Power-Rack-with-Lat-Pull_p_21.html
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Nearly finished.

Rogue Squat Rack SML-2 -Delivered waiting on Safety Arms
Fringe Sport Gym Bench - Delivered
Fringe Sport Bumper Plates - Half Delivered
Already own a set of dumbbells. Ordered a dumbbell rack
Texas Power Bars- Ordered

Since Texas Power Bar delivery date is unknown, I ordered a returned Fringe Sport Bomba Bar.

This complements a bike trainer, treadmill, and rowing machine.

What else would you guys add?

aggiespartan
AG
Safety arms
JeremiahJohnson
AG
They are on order. Who knows when they will be delivered.
CFTXAG10
AG
I finally got through on Rogue for a new bar and should have a plate set from American Barbell coming here in the next few weeks. The only thing I cannot seem to get my hands on is a power rack. Got my eyes on a few though. Can't wait for a billion in stock emails to flood my g mail account in July and August
aTm2004
AG
When that happens, check FB Marketplace and Craigslist and buy a gently used one for half the price.
CFTXAG10
AG
That is the plan. I am curious how gym re-openings will play a role in the secondary equipment market. Wondering if people will hold on to stuff just in case or be more willing to sell. Either way, I will be on the lookout.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Talk to Fringe Sport out of Austin. They helped me find a bar. They also have free shipping.
aTm2004
AG
It may help flood it of some gyms aren't able to reopen.
Max Power
AG
I have the opposite problem, I was able to get the full power rack, but nothing else yet. I have been checking numerous resources daily. My best bet is probably going to be waiting until people start to sell their equipment. I was able to get a hex bar for deadlifts, but nothing to put on it yet. I need to assemble the rack, but I haven't been very motivated considering I'm lacking a bar and weights.
CFTXAG10
AG
The bar was the most difficult thing to buy because Rogue kept sending me emails that it was in stock but I was always too late. I think American Barbell still had rubber Olympic plates available with free shipping. Only issue is they are delayed a couple weeks. If my gym would open up I could pass the time there until I get what I need.
CFTXAG10
AG
I just pulled the trigger on a fitness reality rack with bench for $300 on Amazon. Reviews look good enough. I'll take it as a starter rack
Whitehouse Road
AG
Finally got an email on the Rogue SML-2 (same as OP) and pulled the trigger today. Been waiting for months.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I really like it. Perfect for me.
Max Power
AG
Finally got in and was able to pre-order some bumper plates from Titan, was able to order two pairs each of 10s, 25s, and 45s. No 35s or 15s available, but I was able to get 320 lbs for a reasonable price. Now all I need to get is a bar ordered and I'll be in business. Been looking for weeks, I needed a win.
CFTXAG10
AG
Max Power said:

Finally got in and was able to pre-order some bumper plates from Titan, was able to order two pairs each of 10s, 25s, and 45s. No 35s or 15s available, but I was able to get 320 lbs for a reasonable price. Now all I need to get is a bar ordered and I'll be in business. Been looking for weeks, I needed a win.
Awesome! I had the same issue w/ American Barbell not having the 35's in stock. Just get email notifications set for any and all of the Rogue bars you might be interested in and you will hit eventually. I got the echo bar finally a handful of days ago.
trailrunner
AG
I built some homemade squat stands w materials from lowes. $50. Have to be very careful but it helped me get through the gym closings. Look up DIY squat stands on youtube.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Yeah Fringe Sport in Austin has been a godsend. Besides getting the Rack from Rogue, they are the only ones that have been able to supply me with a bar and plates. I have messaged with their sales reps over the past few weeks they have been helpful getting me things that werent available on their website.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.