Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

More than half of car drivers think cyclists are not fully human

6,350 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OldAg93
Hoosegow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This thread might be the most entertaining thread in a long time.

or

That thread this reading funner more than others ones.
Class of '94
A. Solzhenitsyn
SACR said:

The mayor of Richardson is an avid cyclist. For this reason, some of the two lane roads were converted to one lane roads with a bike lane, because he was convinced this would encourage cycling and exercise, and result in a healthier populace.

So because the mayor is a cycling enthusiast, traffic has doubled on these streets, making rush hour a nightmare. But hey, we have bike lanes in Richardson.

Yeah that's annoying
Nosh
AggieBarstool
Nosh said:

Yep. Typical trash truck driver.
Furlock Bones
AG
AggieOO said:

Cycling is secondary for me, but I still love it. It's obvious, even in Austin, which is very bike friendly, that people don't view cyclists as human.

The easiest way to get away with murder in Texas is run over someone on a bike. You won't see a day in prison.

And yes, I'm fully aware, there are dip****s on bikes that ignore the law. Unfortunately, they are viewed as the standard. I encountered motorists on a daily basis who can't drive for **** and ignore laws, but no one thinks twice about them...
as a person that enjoys cycling, this is the actual standard even in Austin.
AggieOO
This just further illustrates the original topic of the thread. I'm more shocked no one has posted the picture of the group of cyclists be plowed over and killed by the car. That seems to be standard in these discussions. People think it's funny.
Potcake
AG
Now who's trolling? No sane person is going think that is funny.
c-jags
I think he's exaggerating a bit but let's not pretend like that joke isn't made on occasion.
AggieOO
Unfortunately,I'm not. I have seen it posted multiple times. Not on this board, but definitely on texags (and elsewhere).
texagbeliever
As someone who has been hit by a cyclist who failed to yield in herman park trails in Houston I have a very low opinion on mountain bikers as well. I would say 80% do not yield to pedestrians including runners. I do respect the fact that they probably put alot of work into the trails to make them accessible.
culdeus
AG
SACR said:

The mayor of Richardson is an avid cyclist. For this reason, some of the two lane roads were converted to one lane roads with a bike lane, because he was convinced this would encourage cycling and exercise, and result in a healthier populace.

So because the mayor is a cycling enthusiast, traffic has doubled on these streets, making rush hour a nightmare. But hey, we have bike lanes in Richardson.

What roads.
c-jags
texagbeliever said:

I do respect the fact that they probably put alot of work into the trails to make them accessible.

I've had nothing but good experiences with MTBers while trail running. My crew does a good bit to keep our trails clean but I'm pretty sure our MTB crew does a lot more.
OldAg93
AG

https://images.app.goo.gl/x3D5JHgnexuV6uhMA

I think this is the one? Maramoros, MX, a few years ago.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.