Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

More than half of car drivers think cyclists are not fully human

6,353 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OldAg93
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Louis botha said:

SteveA said:

That was a tragic accident, on a multi use trail, but reports state that the girl was wearing headphones, abruptly ruined around directly in tot the path of the cyclist. It was determined her fault.

Victim blaming awesome ! Pedestrians have right away hth
obvious troll is obvious.
Truvada_for_prep
Lol nice retort you know how fast that guy had to be riding to kill that girl ? On a path with runners ?
AggieOO
probably as fast as a troll.
Truvada_for_prep
AggieOO said:

The lance armstorg wannabes were not out for a still they were riding bikes used for triathlons and time trials and riding fast ...HTH
AggieOO
you edited that twice and still couldn't use enough punctuation to make it readable?
A. Solzhenitsyn
Louis botha said:

AggieOO said:

The lance armstorg wannabes were not out for a still they were riding bikes used for triathlons and time trials and riding fast ...HTH
this post is hard to read probably because you words wrong don't make sense maybe try again and see if can make it more bicycle riding better...kthx
A. Solzhenitsyn
Louis botha said:

A. Solzhenitsyn said:

cyclists annoy me to the very core of my being. i'm sorry to all on here who are cyclists, but I cant help it. the reasons you annoy me are many, and they have been well established on this board over the years so no need to rehash.

but it is never acceptable to cut them off, swerve near them, and certainly to intentionally hit them. I do my very best to give all cyclists a wide berth, because what in the world is the point of being a dick? you know who else annoys me? guys who only squat 1/3 of the way down. guys who do curls in the squat rack. guys who crank the incline on a treadmill to ten, then hang on with their hands. I don't shoulder bump or throw weights at any of them. why are cyclists different?

What about the guy who rides as if he was a car on a busy street slowing everyone down?
I already answered that question.
Boo Weekley
Can we all agree that Critical Mass is awful awful awful???
AggieOO
Boo Weekley said:

Yes.
88planoAg
AG
Boo Weekley said:

yep
htxag09
AG
Wait, am I a Lance Armstrong want to be if I ride on streets or if I ride on bike trails?

And FWIW, when I ride on multiuse trails I yield to pedestrians and announce that I'm passing everytime I pass a pedestrian/runner. However, 95% of them have headphones in so it's pointless.
AggieOO
hint: he's a troll.
htxag09
AG
Yeah, I know.

Does google have a translate English to redneck gibberish setting?
SteveA
AG
No victim blaming here. they were doing 17-18 mph and were calling out as they passed. when you abruptly change lanes in from of a semi, is it the semi's fault?
c-jags
htxag09 said:

Wait, am I a Lance Armstrong want to be if I ride on streets or if I ride on bike trails?

And FWIW, when I ride on multiuse trails I yield to pedestrians and announce that I'm passing everytime I pass a pedestrian/runner. However, 95% of them have headphones in so it's pointless.

I don't care what signs say, I cede the right of way to bikers every time.

I say that as a person who gets pissed at walkers with headphones that turn around and get ready for a karate when I clearly yell "on your left" to everybody I pass.
Truvada_for_prep
lol the spandex y'all wear must be cutting off the blood to your brains on this thread.

Gotta love you are troll because don't agre with muh opinion.
Truvada_for_prep
SteveA said:

No victim blaming here. they were doing 17-18 mph and were calling out as they passed. when you abruptly change lanes in from of a semi, is it the semi's fault?

Those situations arent analgous nice try .
AggieOO
You still haven't figured out how to use punctuation. I suppose they don't teach that in troll school.
Truvada_for_prep
AggieOO said:

You still haven't figured out how to use punctuation. I suppose they don't teach that in troll school.

Now grammar smack you are not good at this just stop .
AggieOO
okyouwinthethreadyouaresosmarticantbelievethegeneralboardletyouout
91_Aggie
AG
To be honest, that was very cringeworthy, AggieOO
AggieOO
Don't care. Dumbass trolls are 10x worse.
c-jags
Just don't reply to trolls.

There's a difference between being funny as a troll, and trolling continually for a reaction. Just ignore the latter. I've learned I make the dumbest posts getting impassioned over somebody trolling.

ETA: not calling you dumb.
Truvada_for_prep
AggieOO said:

okyouwinthethreadyouaresosmarticantbelievethegeneralboardletyouout
Dont you have traffic to go hold up? I am troll because I have different opinion than you? Pathetic.
AggieOO
Happy Saturday buddy!
Seven Costanza
AG
Got stuck behind a large pack of these people today on a two-lane road, so I had the pleasure of driving 12 mph in a 45 zone for several miles.
Nosh
jejdag said:

People need to get over themselves and realize that just because it's not something they'd do, anyone that does is sub-human. If more people would ride, there'd be change for the better. Used to be you could only see a 300 lb woman at a side show in a circus. Was in a burger joint last week that had maybe 75 people in it, and there were no less than 6 of them at that weight or better. But I'm the one thought less of because I dare to to get on "their" road.

Obey traffic laws, don't cluster, don't impede traffic with low speed, and most importantly (or at least) pay a vehicle registration on your bike and THEN you have a point about complaining about "their" road.

Wearing camel toe clothing on a bike ain't the only way to lose weight.
culdeus
AG
Nosh said:

jejdag said:

People need to get over themselves and realize that just because it's not something they'd do, anyone that does is sub-human. If more people would ride, there'd be change for the better. Used to be you could only see a 300 lb woman at a side show in a circus. Was in a burger joint last week that had maybe 75 people in it, and there were no less than 6 of them at that weight or better. But I'm the one thought less of because I dare to to get on "their" road.

Obey traffic laws, don't cluster, don't impede traffic with low speed, and most importantly (or at least) pay a vehicle registration on your bike and THEN you have a point about complaining about "their" road.

Wearing camel toe clothing on a bike ain't the only way to lose weight.
I mean a lot of this doesn't apply. Bikes aren't allowed on roads with minimum speed limits, for one. If you want to lobby for more minimum speed areas, have at it.

Vehicle registration in Texas is based on Gross Weight. As I understand it it would cost more in the postage to send out the sticker, than it would to register a 20 pound bike in fees. For this reason Texas doesn't register bikes. If you want to change it to a usage model, by all means have at it. I'm sure the government would be all ears in how to raise fees.

Clustering is the way Texas wants you to do it in packs of more than 2 riders. This goes for motorized bikes also. You are welcome to lobby the government on this.

Bikes running stop signs, and in limited case lights is annoying and should be frowned upon. I would probably point out that people do those at their own risk, just like when in a car. Bikes running clear stop signals and getting hit and killed is a rare thing. Most bike/car incidents are done under normal operating use models, at least those that I am aware of.
Potcake
AG
Quote:

Bikes running stop signs, and in limited case lights is annoying and should be frowned upon. I would probably point out that people do those at their own risk, just like when in a car. Bikes running clear stop signals and getting hit and killed is a rare thing. Most bike/car incidents are done under normal operating use models, at least those that I am aware of.

THIS attitude is the source of animosity toward cyclists. It is more than annoying warranting a frown, it is illegal. And it isn't a limited occurrence.

OK, 00, waiting to be called a troll.
A. Solzhenitsyn
Potcake said:

Quote:

THIS attitude is the source of animosity toward cyclists. It is more than annoying warranting a frown, it is illegal. And it isn't a limited occurrence.

dammit i'm defending cyclists on this thread, and I hate cyclists!

yes it's illegal, and they shouldn't do it. so is speeding, changing lanes without using a blinker, and jaywalking. I doubt you have an equal amount of animosity towards your fellow drivers and walkers.

NONE if it warrants cyclists being intentionally put in danger by motorists.
culdeus
AG
Potcake said:

Quote:

Yeah, it's an issue. Bikes cause moving infractions on the low end of the spectrum. Cars conduct moving infractions on the far end of the spectrum.

I would like to think that if all moving vehicles were following all rules at all times then animosity would be removed, but I have a hard time believing it. There are practical considerations here. Cars when they feel it's safe exceed certain rules (Speeding, DWI, stop signs), and bikes do as well. (Mainly stop signs, but I suppose DWI happens)
Potcake
AG
Quote:

yes it's illegal, and they shouldn't do it. so is speeding, changing lanes without using a blinker, and jaywalking. I doubt you have an equal amount of animosity towards your fellow drivers and walkers.

You would be wrong. I typically don't get flipped off by drivers when I point at the Stop sign they just rolled through.
AggieOO
Potcake said:

Quote:

you aren't a troll just b/c you don't like cyclists. you having a differing opinion is fine.
Potcake
AG
There are two-way pedestrian/bike lanes along each side of a dry creek in my neighborhood. I often clear it of branches, rocks, or other big debris so dogs, runners, or cyclists don't hit them. Admittedly, I have a bad opinion of them as a whole and expect them to not stop at lights/stop signs but I'm not running around wishing death and destruction on them.
SACR
AG
The mayor of Richardson is an avid cyclist. For this reason, some of the two lane roads were converted to one lane roads with a bike lane, because he was convinced this would encourage cycling and exercise, and result in a healthier populace.

So because the mayor is a cycling enthusiast, traffic has doubled on these streets, making rush hour a nightmare. But hey, we have bike lanes in Richardson.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.