Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

"diet" and alcohol

5,421 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JamesBREI06
aggie_fan13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
will do
OldSoully
Michelob Ultra Pure Gold.

Look for it on shelves soon and it will help you resolve this dilemma!

Your welcome lol
Tecolote
AG
EliteZags said:

Deputy Travis Junior said:

I think I read somewhere that champagne has the highest alcohol to calorie ratio.
not as loaded with sugar as it tastes?
What kind of champagne are you drinking? You do know brut is much drier (less sweet) than extra dry? Extra dry is actually pretty sweet. Also, the alcohol itself has many more calories than residual sugar!
AgEng06
AG
bruno319 said:

So, Lone Star is 136 cal/12oz and 4.65% ABV, which is pretty high ABV.

I understand what you meant in the context of this thread, but this made me laugh a little. I've got 80-100 beers currently in the house and I don't think any of them are less than 7% ABV, and most are over 10%.
KidDoc
AG
AgEng06 said:

bruno319 said:

I understand what you meant in the context of this thread, but this made me laugh a little. I've got 80-100 beers currently in the house and I don't think any of them are less than 7% ABV, and most are over 10%.
Yes but he is also looking at calories. Your 7-10% beers are not 160 or less calories. I really like heavy ales like Chimay, Duvel, etc but they are calorie bombs.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bruno319
AG
KidDoc said:

AgEng06 said:

bruno319 said:

Yes but he is also looking at calories. Your 7-10% beers are not 160 or less calories. I really like heavy ales like Chimay, Duvel, etc but they are calorie bombs.

Yes, this. I was really only looking at things around/lower calorie than the stated go-to. With domestic, non-craft beers (and even some standard crafts like Shiner) they tend to all be about 4.2-4.4 ABV, so I was surprised LS was higher.

When I'm indulging in beer, I'm generally watching my calories on the food front not the alcohol because the beers I like are not low cal. If I want to watch calories on alcohol, I'm generally doing liquor with no mixers (recently started trying different scotches, bourbons to find one I like/can drink neat).

I love Chimay Blue, and I'm a fan of Bourbon Barrell Hellfighter. I keep stuff like that at home, I don't tailgate or do all-day drinking with those type beers. It may be bad bull or weak, but I'd die! So, if I'm drinking beer all day, I'm rolling around 5% and drinking a kolsch usually.
JamesBREI06
AG
Just catching up on this. I see OP is looking for the booze holy grail we are all looking for
Whoop!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.