Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

CrossFit

6,992 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by theeyetest
theeyetest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Started my CF journey on Tuesday morning at 5:30am. Had a blast in the hour training session and it was all I could do after that hour to keep from puking my guts up. Love the energy and the encouraging going on. Today was the second class (Tues, Thurs, and Sat) that I've had. Again, had a blast but almost puked up my guts after it was all said and done. I know it'll get easier and I'll get to the point where I won't feel like puking all the time.

Diet is easy to maintain as of right now. Turkey bacon, eggs, and black coffee for breakfast. Protein for snack, grilled chicken and veggies for lunch, protein shake again for snack, and usually turkey bacon and eggs again for dinner. Nothing but water for me (doing a gallon a day). Weighed in at 212 pounds and 27% BF (GROSS!). Excited to weigh in this coming Tuesday to measure my progress. So far, CF is everything that I hoped it would be. I'll keep y'all updated. Wish I would've joined sooner so I can compete in the games with my team!
bam02
AG
Keep up with the updates! I look forward to following your progress.
emando2000
AG
gigemtrev said:

Started my CF journey on Tuesday morning at 5:30am. Had a blast in the hour training session and it was all I could do after that hour to keep from puking my guts up. Love the energy and the encouraging going on. Today was the second class (Tues, Thurs, and Sat) that I've had. Again, had a blast but almost puked up my guts after it was all said and done. I know it'll get easier and I'll get to the point where I won't feel like puking all the time.

Diet is easy to maintain as of right now. Turkey bacon, eggs, and black coffee for breakfast. Protein for snack, grilled chicken and veggies for lunch, protein shake again for snack, and usually turkey bacon and eggs again for dinner. Nothing but water for me (doing a gallon a day). Weighed in at 212 pounds and 27% BF (GROSS!). Excited to weigh in this coming Tuesday to measure my progress. So far, CF is everything that I hoped it would be. I'll keep y'all updated. Wish I would've joined sooner so I can compete in the games with my team!
Why you sandbagging bro!??? Go harder till you puke next time!
AgEng06
AG
gigemtrev said:

I know it'll get easier and I'll get to the point where I won't feel like puking all the time.
You'd think so, but if it happens I still haven't seen it in the year and a half I've been doing CF. I've gotten pretty good at the movements (really good at some of them), and I still finish every workout on the floor gasping for air.

As you adapt to the workouts, you just increase the weight and/or intensity.
emando2000
AG
AgEng06 - Spot on!
UpstateAg
AG
Yep. When I feel like it wasn't that bad, it's because I didn't push myself. And nothing will make you disappointed like not finishing a timed workout.
DuckDown2013
AG
Another vote for "it never gets better"
theeyetest
I'm just saying, that the feeling of wanting to puke is because I'm so out of shape not because I pushed myself to a certain point. I know once I get into better shape I'll still feel like I wanna die and probably will puke from time to time.
theeyetest
Weighed in this morning at 5:30a right before workout. Officially one week in the books and down 9 pounds. Couldn't be happier! 5 more weeks to go to get to 20! Absolutely love the intense training. Coach is having us take things slow and learn the form first before adding any real weight. As I've said before I've done Olympic type lifting in college training before so the form is second nature, so the pace seems a little slow but that's okay to me as of right now.

Can't believe I heard so many negative things about CF and that I waited this long to try it.
AggieChemist
AG
gigemtrev said:

Weighed in this morning at 5:30a right before workout. Officially one week in the books and down 9 pounds. Couldn't be happier! 5 more weeks to go to get to 20! Absolutely love the intense training. Coach is having us take things slow and learn the form first before adding any real weight. As I've said before I've done Olympic type lifting in college training before so the form is second nature, so the pace seems a little slow but that's okay to me as of right now.

Can't believe I heard so many negative things about CF and that I waited this long to try it.
I have trained at a few crossfit gyms and to a one they have ALL been solid on learning proper form, adhering to proper form, and scaling if necessary to your ability.

I think the hate is a product of crossfit's early days when things were a little less structured, and the early crossfit adopters' proselytizing.

emando2000
AG
gigemtrev said:

Awesome! Keep it up. I felt the same way, "What took me so long to try this out?" Standard strength training and bro workouts are so boring now. I just turned 40 and wish I took this on when it first came out! CF does have a stigma for various reasons. It'll frustrate you trying to defend CF so just do you, change your life and let others watch you transform.
Talon2DSO
AG
I started crossfit last week. First session for the baseline got me so sore I was pooping standing up and hoping for good velocity. It hurt to sit. I'm in day 2 of week 2 and I feel sore but comfortably (?) so. Really enjoy the workouts and the people there. My goal is to be committed to doing this at least 3 times a week. I figure doing something is way better than resting on my biscuit.

Last year around this time I was 285lbs, right now I'm 267. Lost a bit by fixing my diet. Now I'm adding crossfit.
"Life's tough, but I'm tougher."
Waffle11
AG
Did Crossfit for about a year or so. Really enjoyed it, but couldn't afford it.

As far as the hate, I think it comes from it being a bit of a weird hybrid and some people not being able to shut the hell up about it, my ex-girlfriend being one of them.

I liked it, just had a wonderful lack of money.
UpstateAg
AG
Any update?
Talon2DSO
AG
Ive gained a couple of pounds since I last posted. Been going to the box 3x per week. I feel a ton better and more productive during the day and I'm trying not to let the slight weight gain discourage me. Still watching what I eat and I'm enjoying the community like environment. I'm still a tubby b--tard but I can now do 44 burpees. Slow, but I can get them done.
Woods Ag
AG
Awesome stuff. Seen a lot of new faces in the gym the past couple of weeks. Love seeing new people join. It's fun for me to watch and help them start and see their progress over the months.
theeyetest
Weighed in at 195 on 2/27. Down 17 pounds total. Absolutely loving it. Actually puked today during the workout but everyone is so supportive really inspiring. Probably will be there for a long time!
CoolaidWade
AG
If anyone has access to a Gold's Gym, a bunch of them have Gold's Fit which is a much safer alternative. They use dumbells instead of barbells and have taken much of the stuff that makes it dangerous out. The format is a warm up, a lift segment, then a traditional metcon.

The programming is done by people who actually know what they are doing. It's centralized so there is one team of programmers who program for every gym. So every gym does the same workout.

You also have access to Golds Burn which is their alternative to Orange Theory as well as Golds Cycle.

I didn't think I'd like it but after a few months I'm all in. I come in about 20-30 minutes early and get one good lift in on the floor then take the GoldsFit class. Solid.
DuckDown2013
AG
CoolaidWade said:

If anyone has access to a Gold's Gym, a bunch of them have Gold's Fit which is a much safer alternative. They use dumbells instead of barbells and have taken much of the stuff that makes it dangerous out. The format is a warm up, a lift segment, then a traditional metcon.

The programming is done by people who actually know what they are doing. It's centralized so there is one team of programmers who program for every gym. So every gym does the same workout.

You also have access to Golds Burn which is their alternative to Orange Theory as well as Golds Cycle.

I didn't think I'd like it but after a few months I'm all in. I come in about 20-30 minutes early and get one good lift in on the floor then take the GoldsFit class. Solid.
Ignorance.
UpstateAg
AG
We all know deep down that golds gym abs circuit is far superior to anything CrossFit has to offer.
And let's not forget about all the wonderful training Golds gym employees have
AggieChemist
AG
CoolaidWade said:

That sounds cool. I bet they even have a lunk alarm.
CoolaidWade
AG
DuckDown2013 said:

CoolaidWade said:

Ignorance.

Sorry didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I've done my years doing Crossfit so probably not THAT ignorant. Deadlifts for time were fun but now I'm happy with goldsfit.
emando2000
AG
Wait...You came to a Crossfit thread to promote Goldsfit & throw a couple jabs at the programming but didnt mean to ruffle any feathers? Ok, got it!

Where do you think goldsfit got their programming? You think they came up with it all by themselves? It's simply marketing. They're targeting those that cling to the stigma of Crossfit is dangerous. For every few that get injured in Crossfit there are thousands more that aren't.
Woods Ag
AG
Ok buddy... thanks for dropping by and letting us know. glad that you're no longer being hurt by crossfit

CoolaidWade
AG
Woods Ag said:

Ok buddy... thanks for dropping by and letting us know. glad that you're no longer being hurt by crossfit

No, problem!
gambochaman
AG
Crossfit is awesome. It has changed my life for the better

I get it its not for everyone

Find a box with coaches that cAre and you'll be good
AgFan131
This thread.
Talon2DSO
AG
gambochaman said:

Crossfit is awesome. It has changed my life for the better

I get it its not for everyone

Find a box with coaches that cAre and you'll be good

This. Seeing his skinny ass transform on facebook got me off my fat ass to do something too. Plus, the final straw was my daughter asking me if I exercise and when in said no, she started doing yoga poses so I could do them with her.
gambochaman
AG
If you ever get away from the frozen tundra come work out with us!
theeyetest
2/6- 212

2/13- 203

2/19- 198

2/26- 195

3/6- 192.5

ONLY .5 a pound away from our mandatory 20 pound weight loss challenge in CrossFit with two more weigh-ins/weeks to go! Just gonna keep my foot on the pedal and not let up now. Challenge is over 3/20 and my goal for the 3/20 weigh-in is 187. Still shooting for my 170 pound goal overall after that, though.
theeyetest
2/6- 212 (27.5% BF)

2/13- 203

2/19- 198

2/26- 195

3/6- 192.5

3/13- 191 (22%)

3/20- 189

6 week challenge completed! Hit both goals (total weight lost and bf % lost). Just signed up for the rest of the year!
AggieChemist
bmks270
AG
gigemtrev said:

2/6- 212 (27.5% BF)

2/13- 203

2/19- 198

2/26- 195

3/6- 192.5

3/13- 191 (22%)

3/20- 189

6 week challenge completed! Hit both goals (total weight lost and bf % lost). Just signed up for the rest of the year!

How many hours a week were you exercising?

9 lbs in the first week? Did you not eat? 20lbs in 3 weeks is more than those starved contestants lose on the naked and afraid show.
Woods Ag
AG
The first 9 lbs was probably liquid and bloat. That goes quickly once you adjust to a good diet.

That's awesome work OP. Congratulations
emando2000
AG
That's what happens when you do it right. I've dropped similar weight doing this too. Great results!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.