Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2018 H&F Goals

7,015 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by gd28
Woods Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In 2017, my personal goals were to go on a long backpacking trip, pickup bow hunting and maintain good physical condition (cardio and strength).

I've accomplished all of those.

In 2018
- bow hunt public land in Colorado/Montana/Idaho
- another long backpacking trip (can coincide with my hunt or be seperate. Ideally, I'd like to do 2 backpacking trips, one in the Sierras, and one on my bow hunt)
- maintain good physical condition
TurboVelo
AG
AggieOO said:

TxsAggieFn said:

Placed 11th at the World Championships. Move up 10 spots.
try not to crash warming up.
That has definitely been added to next year's check list.
The Pilot
AG
What are these world championships you speak of?
TurboVelo
AG
The Pilot said:

What are these world championships you speak of?
Cycling.

UCI Masters Track World Championships.
AggieOO
Didn't get into WS100 yet again. This **** is getting old. Even ****ing Dean Karnazes got in again on year one of trying.

Have to figure out a qualifier and structure my year. I can't stomach bandera again.
coop-aero-06
AG
AggieOO said:

Didn't get into WS100 yet again. This **** is getting old. Even ****ing Dean Karnazes got in again on year one of trying.

Have to figure out a qualifier and structure my year. I can't stomach bandera again.

My wife and I were at the lottery again this year. They must have pulled the names of at least 4 people from Austin and I was on the edge of my seat hoping it was your name after they named the hometown.

TRT100 for your qualifier this year?
AggieOO
Right now I've got my eye on never summer 100k.
TurboVelo
AG
AggieOO said:

Right now I've got my eye on never summer 100k.
Damn, I don't know how you do that running.
07fta07
AG
Recover from my torn Achilles and then I'll figure out what I can do and when.
TurboVelo
AG
07fta07 said:

Recover from my torn Achilles and then I'll figure out what I can do and when.
Ouch! Get well soon!
Ags2013
AG
I'm determined to get my first 26.2 in. Made excuses for years but will be running the Alamo Marathon in March
dmart90
AG
Just turned 50 and I'm 225-227. I'm 5'11" and want to get back down to around 200.

I need to get my butt back in the gym on a regular basis (have a Golds Gym membership). Want to lose fat and gain muscle and endurance. Not looking to bulk up, just want to get fit.

Any program our diet recommendations for someone my age appreciated!
CoachRTM
AG
Train to run a 5 hour marathon in January of 2019.

I know that's "walking speed" to a lot of people on here, but my only marathon was 6+ hours (dealing with an injury). My half pace right now is generally around 2:50, so it'll be a tough feat to pull off.
wreckt01
1. make zero excuses
2. 100 rides on the peloton
3. Take the family camping and hiking at least 4 times
P.U.T.U
AG
Same as last year, going to be harder with a little girl coming in June
gif
Stop being fat
wbt5845
AG
I lost 70 pounds last year. I'd like to lose 20 more this year. I'd also like to break a 28 minute 5k and 60 minute 10k. That'd be a 1:40 and 5:00 improvement respectively.

I also plan to put together a CG Games super masters team and hope to make finals.
wbt5845
AG
dp
Geriatric Punk
AG
1. Check off another 14er.
2. Hike Eagle Rock Loop.
3. Shed the last 19 lbs (down 24 this year after packing on 40 - pregnancy and childbirth can be, to a much lesser extent, a **** for the dude too, pinkdog. ).
4. In that vein - Try not to gain weight upon the arrival of child number 2.
5. NYCM (5th time's the lotto charm?).
AggieOO
I'm still building out 2018, but my main focus is getting some speed back. I turn 40 next month, so I need to get my speed back and use it before I don't have it anymore. I have no desire to go try and break 3 in the marathon, but I want to be more competitive on the trails. I have two friends/teammates coaching me, and we are putting together a plan.

That said, my western states qualifier this year is Never Summer 100k. It'll be my first true mountain race at elevation, and I'm stoked.

Have some other goals and races in mind, but I'll update once I have a plan together.
Ragoo
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Same as last year, going to be harder with a little girl coming in June
good luck
gd28
AG
Top 5 Ag in an Ironman 70.3
BQ in the Houston Marathon
Overall win a local tri
Qualify for 2019 70.3 WC in a late season race
Sandiaman91
AG
I'm planning on doing my first 70.3 in Galveston in April, training for that now.
At this point, I would like to do the 70.3 in Waco in the fall also. I will wait until May to commit to that one, though.

I'm pleased with where I'm at right now, and want to keep it rolling this way!
"The goat rope continues..." -RGV AG
Diet Cokehead
AG
Get under 15% BF.
Sub 22 min 5k
Sub 45 min 10k
Build Muscle
Lose remaining flab on gut
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Maintain ~12% bf
19 mins 5k
3:15 Marathon (Houston '18)
3:05 Marathon (fall 2018)
Run 2250 miles for the year
rshackelford
AG
No running goals.

Get down under 210 pounds by dec 2018
315# flat bench for a set of 5
185# overhead press for a set of 5
405# squat for a set of 5
420# deadlift for a set of 5
MooreTrucker
AG
Lose 20 lbs.

MS150 ride in July

Half marathon in December
10andBOUNCE
AG
Get weight back down to about 180 from 190.

1 Rep Dead Lift ~2.5x body weight (475)
5 Rep Squat ~1.5x body weight (285)
3 Rep OHP ~1x body weight (185)
Bench Press pain free again

3 14ers complete

Will add more as I think of it
AtlAg75
AG
I'm doing most of this for the past 6 months but will work on consistency -

15 minutes stretching every day
ride Peloton bike, 30 - 45 minute classes, 3 - 4 x per week
core balance/strength through lifting 2 - 3 x per week
fix my healthy smoothie every morning (my recipe is very heart healthy)
no alcohol (cut way back this year but this will still be a challenge)
20 minutes Wim Hof breathing Method every day (google if you don't know what this is, can change your life)
cold shower every day
help others find their motivation to become more healthy
AtlAg75
AG
dmart90 - read the book "Younger Next Year". I read it years ago but finally started following it this year. It is the perfect book for your age. The hard part for me was finding an aerobic exercise I could conveniently do 30 - 45 minutes per day, several days per week. I eventually bought the Peloton bike and that started me down this incredible path I'm on to great and sustainable health.

As I mentioned in my post above, check out Wim Hof. May not result in weight loss but will significantly contribute to avoiding diseases.

It took me a while to find the motivation to create the discipline I needed. But once I did I lost 20 pounds, 2" in my waist, I feel absolutely awesome every day, am alert, energetic, more engaged. I could go on with the adjectives and I take comfort in knowing that I will not only live a long and healthy life (I'm 64 now) but will be able to physically and mentally enjoy it. For my 80th birthday I'll be kayaking on some beautiful mountain lake somewhere!
SJEAg
AG
Keep weight under 170 - in the 165 range preferably

3:45 marathon (probably Dec)
1:50 half (Feb)

Flirting with the idea of doing a 50mi ultra (Brazos, April).
Pepper Brooks
AG
Stay about where I am now, keep slowly progressing up in weight on Squat/DL/Bench/Weighted pull ups. Hopefully avoid injury(hasn't happened for a few years now).
AggieOO
AggieOO said:

I'm still building out 2018, but my main focus is getting some speed back. I turn 40 next month, so I need to get my speed back and use it before I don't have it anymore. I have no desire to go try and break 3 in the marathon, but I want to be more competitive on the trails. I have two friends/teammates coaching me, and we are putting together a plan.

That said, my western states qualifier this year is Never Summer 100k. It'll be my first true mountain race at elevation, and I'm stoked.

Have some other goals and races in mind, but I'll update once I have a plan together.
lol, good thing its still 2017....goal race is going to change! Will update when I figure it out.
rilloaggie
AG
2018 goals!

1. 3 marathons, Ft Worth will be first. Other two tbd.

2. Get marathon below 3:10.

3. Run 1000 miles. Challenging myself and helping honor the memory of a great friend who left us too soon by raising $5 per mile for Alzheimer's research. More info to come!
BQ2001
AG
Run 1000 miles (at least)

Actually run marathons instead of surviving. Last couple of years have been learning to run with a young child and I've struggled with being consistent

Fall marathon near 4 hours. Planning on Jackson Hole so the elevation and profile could make that a good challenge. Summer marathon is Lubec Maine and all reports are a very hilly course too.

All these also have common factors. Consistent workouts and losing weight. Another 10 lbs would go a long way.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.