Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

What time do you work out?

7,748 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Phat32
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NoahAg said:

Ragoo said:

NoahAg said:

Personal question for the morning worker-outers: Do, uh, "nighttime activities" influence your morning workout schedule?
i avoid them if I know I want to be up and out for a run early
Really? Married w/ 2 kids, I'm accepting "it" any time offered.
i misunderstood the activities. I was thinking alcohol. other activities have no affect.
BlueSmoke
Quote:

Yep. Love lunch lifting. There is barely anyone at my gym so I don't have to worry about the ONE squat rack being taken up.

Great - now where do I do curls?
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Wife is an Aggie
RG20 said:

So just a weight workout and then hop back into your dress attire with no shower?

I have a gym at my office and it I go in and do a chest day or something I can easily go through a workout with very little to no sweating. Not every workout is a high rep, high intensity lifting session... If I am working in the 3-6 rep range and taking longer breaks between sets I am likely not going to be sweating all that much.

With that being said, I have a shower at work and always shower unless I workout late in the afternoon and know I will be leaving the office shortly.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I have 2 kids so my only option is before work. I either do the 5:00am Peloton ride or run every morning expect Sundays. If I don't workout before work it just doesn't happen. I either have a City Commission meeting, church, or some other function most days after work.
EliteZags
AG
LOL at those waking up ass early on the WEEKENDS

Party til 6am sleep til noon/1pm at least every Fri/Sat for me

Live a little
The Pilot
AG
EliteZags said:

Live a little
AgEng06
AG
EliteZags said:

Live a little
Someone doesn't have kids...
Phat32
AG
EliteZags said:

Live a little

I'm not sure you are on the right forum.
07fta07
AG
I have no kids but there's no way I could even sleep till 7:00 anymore. Usually it's 5:30 or 6:00, even on the weekends.
Quinn
AG
So did RG20 ever update us on their new workout time?
Presley OBannons Sword
EliteZags said:

Live a little
I'm just here for the dogpile.

Either you are 23 years old or a complete d-bag.
07fta07
AG
Or both...
EliteZags
AG
Yea sorry I don't live a boring miserable life
Presley OBannons Sword
hey man, if you're in your early twenties, I'm with ya. I lived that life, and it was a lot of fun.

on the other hand, if you are in your late twenties or, god forbid, in your thirties, then you are probably a dbag and you just don't know it.
mhc06
everyone dreams of being back in college, this man is just living out your dreams
P.U.T.U
AG
If you think staying out late is living life and you are over 25, you have a sad life.

Stay out late poster in real life
Presley OBannons Sword
mhc06 said:

everyone dreams of being back in college, this man is just living out your dreams
like I said, if he's still in college, or in those glorious couple years after college where you are still basically a college kid but with money, then I respect his gangster.

otherwise....
MouthBQ98
AG
5:15 pm M-Th, 6pm F, sometimes 9am Sat. Rest or fun Sunday. Like clockwork.

Of course, the gym I go to is right near work.

RG20
I am embarrased to say but I have not made any changes. I have just been trying to grab a workout in the evenings when I can...
Ragoo
AG
EliteZags said:

Live a little
getting up before the sun and beginning a run during the cool of the morning, watching the sun rise and being done before 8 is a wonderful feeling and kick starts the rest of the day.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I love when I just finish my run as the sun begins to rise. Starts your day off right.
easttexasaggie04
AG
EliteZags = Johnny Football?
Presley OBannons Sword
easttexasaggie04 said:

EliteZags = Johnny Football?

And slowly everything comes into view...
BlueSmoke
Dude, just wake up 30 minutes earlier than you are used to and do bodyweight exercises to start. Go from there. Do cycles of pushups/bodyweight squats/jumping jacks/planks/pull-ups. Stuff like that. Develop the discipline. Then go from there. Get a kettlebell. Do 50 swings each morning. It becomes addictive. Find a new rabbit hole to go down each couple of months. You'll get to the point where you can crank out 50 push-ups while you wait for the Kurig to warm up. Zero excuses.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Dwide Schrude
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

Up at 5am. Gym by 6am. Work by 7:45am.

I honestly love my morning routine. It's really the only time I get to myself. Most people think they need 8 hrs of sleep. They are wrong.
I disagree. I think it's pretty well established most of us need 7 - 8 hrs of sleep. Those that function under that just get used to feeling crappy. Kind of like how many of us are used to eating crap food and then feel totally different when we start eating a better diet.

Me, I'm not a morning person...at all. If I don't get a good 8 hrs of sleep, that sets the tone for the rest of my day. For this reason, I work out right after work on weekdays. Weekends are more flexible, say 10 am or so (after a scrambled eggs and bacon breakfast). That's another thing, I'm not instantly hungry when I wake up but would need energy to do any heavy lifting.
P.U.T.U
AG
More studies are showing that the older you get the less sleep you need. Yes kids need 8 since their bodies are still growing but not adults, it comes down to other factors such as genetics. I'm golden on 6 hours of sleep while my wife needs 8 and still feels tired sometimes. I sleep hard which is probably the reason
10andBOUNCE
AG
I have no evidence of this but I do think our bodies will adapt to more than we think.
Post removed:
by user
10andBOUNCE
AG
Good timing. I follow AthleanX and they just published a sleeping tips video. Kind of cheesy but interesting.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Wake up and play the snooze game anywhere from 5-5:30 (I'm seriously the worst at this). Weight lift M-T-TH-F, then I do yoga usually from 9-10, and typically try to run at least a 5K on the weekend somewhere. I try to go to yoga at least 4 times a week. It's great cardio, and I always feel like my stress is gone from the day, or at least it puts the issues from the day into perspective. Plus it's fun to work on mastering new poses.

And that's really what will keep you motivated OP. Some people find weightlifting fun, and the thrill of lifting more each week is what keeps them motivated. Or the thought of beating their mile time last week. None of that is appealing to me. But I found some type of exercise that does, that I do genuinely enjoy, and now I don't dread doing the other excercising nearly as much. So that's what I would recommend. Whether it's Yoga, Boxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, etc., find a hobby that is active, and then if you want to do more than just that, I promise you will find it easier.
Phat32
AG
Doing well on your diet will do more for your energy than 30mins extra hitting the snooze button.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.