Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Rest Weeks?

620 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RedlineAg08
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wanted to see if anyone else takes a whole week off, and how often. I think I'm still going to do some yoga, but take a break from lifting.
AggieOO
if i'm doing a BIG training block (ironman, 100 miler) that is 5-6 months, i usually build in a mostly rest week somewhere in the middle of it. Its more a mental rest than physical, but helps prevent burnout.
07fta07
AG
Back when I was lifting a lot and regularly, I would take a week off every few months. Same as above, it was as much or more of a mental break than physical, but I always felt like I came back more focused and stronger.
Presley OBannons Sword
I rest between workouts.
RedlineAg08
I can't even remember the last full week I took off.. even vacations we find gyms to drop in to everywhere we go.

I take a day off about every 2 weeks because some part of me is overly sore and I know I shouldn't do much.. but even those days I normally run and stretch.

Going to Mexico in a few weeks, but we've already located a gym to visit.. 7-day backpacking hike in August, that'll be a full week of no barbells
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.