Electrical Problems in my 94 Jeep Wrangler YJ

2,041 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by MFalcon94
MFalcon94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So my blinkers and wipers decided to freak out on me at the same time. The turn signals do not blink, they just turn on, and my variable speed wipers are not so variable; they just go fast.

Is this two individual problems, like a flasher replacement, or is this a problem with some wiring somewhere?
AG
since the wipers kind of work I think they are not related. I don't know about 94 since jeep changed a lot of little things between 91-92, but on a 90 the wipers have a delay module that goes between the vehicle harness and the steering column harness. its a rectangular box that I think is velcroed to the left of the column under the dash. May need to drop the a/c if you have it to get to it.

do the hazards work? brake lights? get out and see if they are staying on outside of the vehicle
MFalcon94
AG
Robert,

The hazzards do work, and the front signal lights turn on but don't flash, however, the rear signal lights are not turning on at all...
AG
do your brake lights work? its the same bulb/wiring up to the steering column. Could narrow down the diagnosis.

Also swap the two round canisters on the fuse block and see if the hazards stop working and the turn signals start working.

You might need to replace the wiper/turn signal stalk along with the turn signal mechanism inside. Its pretty easy to do, but you need a steering wheel puller. Parts are pretty easy to get, Jeep sourced their columns from the same place as GM so its a similar procedure, though I think there were some slight changes between 91-95 when they went to the chrysler key instead of the rectangular shaped one.
MFalcon94
AG
I replaced the turn signal flasher on the fuse relay under my steering column, and the turn signals work fine now.

I am still having the winshield wiper problem though. Any ideas?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.