Why do people put Fake Badges on their cars?

3,197 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by BigRobSA
TX AG 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My OWN story is perhaps a guilty confession...

As a junior in high school, I wanted nothing more than to drive a cool car, and get rid of dad's hand-me-down 1979 Impala. Being a junior in high school, I had a SEVERELY limited budget.

When I saw my car, I fell in love and had to have it. It was a 1972 Firebird. It was white, with a blue stripe down the hood, roof and trunk. It had a fake "shaker top" that was riveted to the hood. There were no "Trans Am" emblems, just a "400" on either side of the shaker top. It did not have the vents in the fenders, but it did have aftermarket air dam and spoiler. It was a Trans Am look-almost-alike, and I loved it!

It really DID have a 400 in it and it was STOUT! (Once, when I was installing speakers in the door panels, I found an old For Sale sign that had slipped down behind the window glass. It specified several items the car had, including "Police Interceptor 400 engine". Never did the research to verify that, but I don't doubt it.)

Had some great times in that car, and wish I still owned it!

Even though it was a "fake".
BigRobSA
POSER!

J/K
Madman
AG
I think I am going to get a sticker that says 1080p and put it on my 720p lcd tv. Its going to kick ass.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Here's another funny one. The dual exhaust on this non-GT Mustang.
Shredcheddar
V6 Stang is the poop.
BigRobSA
The thing that sucks about that bodystyle of Stang: Even the GT looks the same (pipes shooting out from under the rear effects).
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.