when is it a lemon?!

1,168 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Mas89
cgh1999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Three months ago I bought my wife a brand new 2026 platinum expedition. Four weeks ago it started honking randomly. Sometimes soft and other times loud. Sometimes for a second and others for minutes at a time. Driving. Or sitting in my driveway.

Take it to the dealership and a week later, they say it's fixed. I pick it up Friday the 18th right before service closed. I'm less than half a mile from the dealership when it starts again. I filmed it so I could show them. I drop it back off the 19th and go in today because they say it was fixed. I pull out of the dealership and haven't even driven past the edge of their property when it did it again. I turned around and grabbed the service manager and he rode with me and observed it happening multiple times. He got the shop manager and he saw it as well.

True or not, one of the service department folks told my wife that an electrical "glitch" in the steering column could result in the airbag deploying or other mechanical problems. So - in her mind it's not safe.

I don't think it's a lemon yet- but anyone ever experienced this? Recommendations on how to handle?
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let airbag deploy...collect $$$.
cgh1999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Let airbag deploy...collect $$$.

I think that's why my wife wants me to drive it. We have a TON more life insurance on me than her.
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One more trip then lemon time. Have them put the 'the airbag could deploy' in writing and you're golden.
Mookie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet returns!
BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It blows my mind how we can't track down issues like this with 348,764 sensors and data loggers built directly into the vehicle.

A live log should pinpoint this issue quickly.
Mas89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ask them to put you in contact with the ford buyback program. Paid 100 percent of purchase price, including tax, warranty, etc.
Less a very small deduction for mileage when the issue was First Reported. Lemons exist so move on.

And get a 2027 replacement which will not have the aggravating start/ stop bs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.