Is this Fumoto install going to be a problem?

945 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just changed the oil on the Camry and added a Fumoto valve. I'm not overly thrilled with how it ended up but am not sure if it will be a problem.

Zoom to see the Fumoto valve.

Also kinda odd that it opens towards the front of the car.

Also, changing the filter on this thing is more difficult than any other car we have had.
MikesFamousJava
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We want to see pics of your other car…unless Username doesn't check out
trip98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I always wondered how those don't get hit by something like a rock on the road and come loose
I guess the odds of that are so low it's not a concern?!

And I swear each year they find more and more ways to make DIY even harder to force you to the shop
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MikesFamousJava said:

We want to see pics of your other car…unless Username doesn't check out


I'll see the red version on a big screen tonight if the set list works out.
Roger350
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not ideal, but probably not an actual problem. ValvoMax or Stahlbus valves may be lower profile. I prefer ValvoMax because I've had a Stahlbus valve develop a slow leak.

I'b be concerned about how much of the old oil is staying in the pan if the car is on ramps and any of these valves face FWD.
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it me or is the dang oil nut not complicated? Sorry OP. I simply have trouble with anything more complicated. Explain why I am wrong?
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
austinag1997 said:

Is it me or is the dang oil nut not complicated? Sorry OP. I simply have trouble with anything more complicated. Explain why I am wrong?


It's not complicated. But this makes it even easier and less of a mess and takes away any risk of cross-threading or not tightening enough or over tightening.

YellAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just put a plastic cap on it
Roger350
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, not complicated but the mess it saves you from and the reduced clean up time from not having to drain the oil into a pan and then transfer it from the pan into a holding vessel to dispose of it is huge. Combine one of these type of valves with a cartridge filter and it becomes like a 3-4 paper towel, no glove oil change, with the most tedious part being lining up the ramps to drive up.

Have them on 3 of 4 vehicles. Track car is the only thing that still has an old fashioned magnetic drain plug because the oil changes on it are just part of pre-track maintenance that typically takes all weekend and is already plenty messy. So no need to induce a leak risk that could soil the track.

austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Roger350 said:

Yeah, not complicated but the mess it saves you from and the reduced clean up time from not having to drain the oil into a pan and then transfer it from the pan into a holding vessel to dispose of it is huge. Combine one of these type of valves with a cartridge filter and it becomes like a 3-4 paper towel, no glove oil change, with the most tedious part being lining up the ramps to drive up.

Have them on 3 of 4 vehicles. Track car is the only thing that still has an old fashioned magnetic drain plug because the oil changes on it are just part of pre-track maintenance that typically takes all weekend and is already plenty messy. So no need to induce a leak risk that could soil the track.




Interesting. I have magnetic drain plugs on my P-cars. Amazingly, they don't pick up plastic chain guides! Ugh.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MikesFamousJava said:

We want to see pics of your other car…unless Username doesn't check out

MikesFamousJava
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I trust they put on a good show?
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It was excellent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.