Anyone ever install Ford logo backup camera?

1,043 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
water turkey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mine (2014) does not have one. They sell replacement Ford logo with a backup camera that you can hookup to the factory display on the radio. Mine is the little 4 inch display, so not sure how great the picture would be.
txyaloo
AG
I have. 2014 tailgate and camera on a 2007. IIRC, I bought the camera from a place 1ags recommended. Easy enough to install.

I ran it to an aftermarket 7" double din. Picture quality is decent enough for what it is.
FIDO*98*
AG
My 2011 Tundra had the back up camera built into the review mirror and it was plenty helpful. In some ways maybe even better because there is less distortion from the curves from the birdseye lens. You'll be fine
Ryan the Temp
AG
1Ags and I installed one on my old truck. It was easy to install and we ran it to an aftermarket head unit with a screen so I wouldn't need an extra device.
dubi
AG
We bought a $20 backup camera off Amazon and hooked it to our '05 Tundra aftermarket head unit. it works just fine so maybe get something cheap?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I bought the kit that 1ags recommended for my 2014. Never got around to going down and getting some installing it. I'll sell it to ya if you want. It's the camera and badge, and the screen goes into a replacement rear view mirror.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I don't know about aftermarket cameras, but I do know that if the camera is not centered on your truck, it makes backing onto a trailer much more difficult. I am talking just a few inches left or right makes it weird. It is still doable, just weird.
water turkey
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

I bought the kit that 1ags recommended for my 2014. Never got around to going down and getting some installing it. I'll sell it to ya if you want. It's the camera and badge, and the screen goes into a replacement rear view mirror.

Sent you a PM
dubi
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I don't know about aftermarket cameras, but I do know that if the camera is not centered on your truck, it makes backing onto a trailer much more difficult. I am talking just a few inches left or right makes it weird. It is still doable, just weird.
I look at my side mirrors when i backup a trailer and just keep it "centered" between the mirrors.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I really thought by 2014 they were required equipment. My 2014 XLT had the logo cam that fed to the 4in display.

It blue screened.

Now I've got an aftermarket camera mounted to the license plate and it feeds an 8in Alpine with the Maestro dash kit.
water turkey
This 2014 XLT is like a car technology museum
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
txyaloo said:

I have. 2014 tailgate and camera on a 2007. IIRC, I bought the camera from a place 1ags recommended. Easy enough to install.

I ran it to an aftermarket 7" double din. Picture quality is decent enough for what it is.

This
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.