Car alarm going off every 15 to 30 minutes

493 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by purplehayes
Earth Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I noticed tonight my car alarm kept going off starting at about 11 PM every 15 minutes or so. I made sure all the lights were off. With the honking and lights on a quiet street.

It happened four times, so I disconnected the battery so it doesn't keep going off.

Its a 2018 Ford F150. First time I've noticed this. I suspect the battery is going bad? But just looking for advice if its not the battery.
purplehayes
Check that the hood latch bracket doesn't need tightening. It's the little bracket that the "hook" hooks on to when you close the hood.
Earth Rider
AG
purplehayes said:

Check that the hood latch bracket doesn't need tightening. It's the little bracket that the "hook" hooks on to when you close the hood.
Interesting, ok, I never thought of that, I will check the battery and check that also this morning,
Earth Rider
AG
purplehayes said:

Pretty sure it was the battery. I replaced it this morning and it hasn't done that again. I haven't tested the old battery. The battery I took out was dated march of 2021, so not old.
purplehayes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.