Genesis G70

1,156 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Bibendum 86
ezmoney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is everyone's thoughts on the G70 prestige? Haven't heard a lot of discussion about it. Overall dependability any experience with it?

Thanks
JamesPShelley
Wife bought a '19 G80 last year. Never had so many compliments on a car. I find certain of the features OBNOXIOUSLY intrusive. My wife loves it.

Prestige? It's a Genesis. It's to Hyundai what Lexus is to Toyota.

Prestige? Just purchase nicer clothes. That's what I do.
ezmoney
AG
Oh sorry meant the trim prestige versus other trims. Should have clarified.
Silvy
AG
My wife has had a 2023 G70 for a bit over a year & half. It has spent a fair amount of time at the dealership, but it has generally always been a cosmetic issue.

They just refinished 2x wheels and replaced the headlights under warranty due to water intrusion.

The worst part has been the experience anytime she goes to the dealership. It's not a dedicated Genesis dealership near us, we're dealing with a Hyundai dealership and they're some dumb mfs. They've scratched the car at least twice and then it's another week at shop for them to repair their **** up. Last time they put over 45 psi In the tires after they repaired the wheels.

Hoping that quality of service significantly improves once the dedicated Genesis dealership opens nearby.

ezmoney
AG
These are exactly some of my concerns. Don't have a dedicated dealership near me and from what I've seen from others is the cosmetic issues. I didn't know you could take them to a Hyundai dealership good to know.
Silvy
AG
This is same dealership that we bought it from, a Hyundai dealer that also sells Genesis. If things don't improve once the dedicated Genesis dealer opens, her next car won't be a Genesis.

Mechanically speaking, it has been good and it's not too dull to drive.
JamesPShelley
ezmoney said:

Oh sorry meant the trim prestige versus other trims. Should have clarified.
Gotcha. lol.
dodger02
AG
Where are you OP?

The G70 ditched the base 2.0L in 2024 and upped that to 2.5L. There once was a HUGE gap between the turbo 2.0 and 3.3L. Now, it's a lot closer and a case could be made that the 2.5L is the much better buy as a daily.

But the 3.3L hauls ass.
ezmoney
AG
I'm in BCS.
dodger02
AG
Yuck.

I'm in central Texas. I go to DFW for a lot of my car shopping. If you're willing to drive, I have a contact.
ezmoney
AG
Man. If I do get serious about it I'm wiling to drive to DFW. I'll def keep you in mind.

Thanks.
ARCHag08
I bought a 2023 g70 recently. Love it and I get lots of compliments. I also enjoy that not everyone has one too. Great value and no issues so far. I also bought it from a dedicated Genesis dealership as one of their retired loaners for a great discount with less than 3k miles on it. I believe it's a sports prestige trim which I wanted for the sun roof and sound system and I am not disappointed.
FIDO*98*
AG
Have you looked at the TLX Type S

I went with the Acura over the G70 and would do it again every time. The Hyundai may seem better on paper, but the Acura wins the street fight IMO. The Acura is much better looking too
YouBet
AG
Regarding Genesis service, my understanding is that it comes with a concierge service to offset the fact that there are almost no dedicated Genesis dealerships. No idea if that ensures actual, better automotive service or if they are just hauling back and forth from a typical Hyundai dealership.

Their latest lineup is nice as hell and the G70 is on my consider list for when I ever look to buy again.
Bibendum 86
AG
I've got a G90 and it's the best car I've ever owned. The dealership experience is an absolute beating, however.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.