Gifted Car Trade In Question (No Title in Hand Yet)

857 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Rexter
URDeparted
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just got a gifted car from my brother and do not have the title in hand yet, is it possible to still trade in at a dealership towards purchase of a new vehicle? Or do I have to wait a few weeks to receive the title?
dubi
AG
You need the title.
ComeAndTakeIt
There are a handful of cities around the state that offer a certified copy of title that they will print on the spot.

sushi94
AG
Not to derail the thread but anyone know if you go to the dmv to get a replacement title if they print one or do you have to wait for one to be sent from asstin?
ComeAndTakeIt
You can go to a DMV Regional Service Center to get a replacement title printed for you. You have to make an appointment. For me the closest offices were one in San Antonio and one in Austin. Look on the DMV website for replacement title instructions.
Rexter
If your brother has the title, wait for it. If not, print the POA from the DMV site, get a copy of his license, go to the regional office and get it printed.

ETA: they will only do it for the registered owner without a POA and copy of the owners license.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.