Tell me about the 24' Bronco

1,778 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by G Martin 87
Aggie Dad 26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Future wife is in the market for an SUV. Don't need anything big. We looked briefly today with a salesman at the Bronco, Edge, and Escape.

The Bronco interior blew us away. The Escape felt like the same vehicle but not as rugged, and "cool" looking. They were essentially the same price and size. Doesn't Bronco have or had a bunch of issues?

Any Bronco owners here?
TxAg20
AG
I own a '23 Bronco w the 2.7L. I only have about 4,000 miles on it and a quarter of those are being towed behind an RV. Only complaint is wind noise at highway speeds in Texas. In higher elevations, the thinner air makes far less noise.

I'm pretty happy with it.

Test drive one.
BurnetAggie99
Ford needs to offer the 5.0 Coyote as a motor option.
austinag1997
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

That would make that thing a rattle trap.
rab4225
AG
Just to clarify, you looking at bronco or bronco sport. Very different vehicles
Aggie Dad 26
rab4225 said:

Just to clarify, you looking at bronco or bronco sport. Very different vehicles

Bronco Sport
big ben
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

I would buy one ASAP if they did
Redstone
AG
Bronco Sport is a cute little unibody. Has the name for sales reasons. Ford also wanted to provide me with a chuckle every time I see one.
Buck Turgidson
Redstone said:

Bronco Sport is a cute little unibody. Has the name for sales reasons. Ford also wanted to provide me with a chuckle every time I see one.
It's for his future wife. The car is basically made for women, so there you go.
Aggie Dad 26
Why do some of these Bronco Sports (Big Bend) have glossy black tops while some are a single color paint?

We prefer the glossy black top and would like to know what option that is. I'm currently searching dealerships online and looking at inventories

*edit*

Looks like Big Bend doesn't have the black top. Black top = Outter Banks
Redstone
AG
Title of post should have had the word "Sport"
Aggie Dad 26
Agreed. I can't edit however
Redstone
AG
You might be able to email staff and also moderator @texags.com to ask for the edit.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Go look at the Santa Fe or Pallisade.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Couple middle-aged ladies at my office have 'broncos' too
Garrelli 5000
AG
Dill-Ag13 said:

Couple middle-aged ladies at my office have 'broncos' too
Tesla with insane mode.

dodger02
AG
The Bronco Sport is ok. I bought an Escape in 2004 or 2005. It's like this generation's version of that Escape.

A lady at work has one. It's nice for what it is - a reasonable small SUV for someone who doesn't need a 3rd row but wants to project that the one time they have to take it off pavement during their ownership, they could do so...if they absolutely had to.

I owned a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. It was a PITA to own half the time because Chrysler. It was capable and just OK. The Bronco Sport is the same thing.
cr0wbar
AG
2022 Bronco Badlands 2.7L owner here. Received end of April '22 ~11.5K miles so far. No issues I can speak of mechanically. Taken the top off 5+ times with no leakage, removed the doors a couple times. Would buy again
Bronco6Gen
There's been no major issues with the Bronco Sport, longevity is the only question mark mechanically and we won't know that for a few more years. There has been an issue with the software for the battery management system that fails to monitor the voltage of the battery and can cause issues with the auto start/stop and can leave you stranded at a light. They've issued a recall to update the software.
G Martin 87
AG
We have a 2024 Bronco Sport Heritage. It's been great so far, no issues at all. All trim levels except the Badlands have a 1.5 Ecoboost 3 cylinder that makes 180hp. The Badlands has a 2.0 Ecoboost 4 cylinder, 250hp and 277ftlbs torque. The smaller engine is surprisingly good. I drove a Badlands at Bronco Off-Roadeo in Horseshoe Bay and was very impressed. It may be on the same platform as the Escape, but the Bronco Sport is not just a rebadged Escape. It's a legitimately capable off roader. I came back from Off-Roadeo and ordered a 2 door Bronco for myself, but I would have been happy with a Badlands Bronco Sport if I didn't need a removable top and a MT.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.