Just finished an epic road trip!

855 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by ReloadAg
ReloadAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We just finished an epic roadtrip with our 2018 Odyssey EXL, going from our home Austin, up through Moab, UT, Jackson Hole, WY and up to Glacier National Park ending 20 minutes from the Canadian border and back home again. We passed through 11 states and saw 5 national parks. We did 5100 miles total in 2 1/2 weeks and the Odyssey performed flawlessly, was comfortable and the vehicle said we got 28.7 mpg over the life of the trip. I've always wanted to do a big trip like this and it was amazing.

We saw Arches NP, Canyonlands NP, Grand Teton NP, Yellowstone NP and Glacier NP. The wife and kids flew home from Kallispell, MT and I drove the 3 days back to Texas on my own which was fun too. I stopped at the Little Bighorn battlefield and drove through the Badlands of South Dakota. Epic trip that we'll always remember!

Buck Turgidson
Seems like an outdoors board post. Looks like a cool trip.
ReloadAg
AG
Yea I probably could have put it in the travel board too I guess.
cochrum
AG
We should have bought one of those but my wife wanted a suburu ascent. Although we like it we need the extra room of that Honda Odessey!

Cool pics, thanks for sharing
ReloadAg
AG
We have 2 kids so we definitely don't "need" a van but my wife won't get rid of it. She loves it.
NRH ag 10
AG
The auto board is minivan country!
JAW3336
AG
How crowded where the NP's? I want to see them but don't care for the long waits I have heard about.
Attack life, It's going to kill you anyway!
ReloadAg
AG
I was bracing for the worst but they really weren't bad at all! Pleasantly surprised. The only one that felt hectic was Yellowstone, and that was just a couple of places. For most of the trip though crowds and traffic were not a factor.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.