expedition questions

1,081 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by reproag
BMF_AG95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about going from f250 to either f150 or expedition. My son will have a have f250 and don't need the 3/4 ton pulling any more. Do need to pull a trailer with Polaris on it. Probably longest distance would be to 300 miles. Houston to San Antonio or Houston to Ft worth. I'm thinking I'll be in the 5-6k lbs weight with trailer and Polaris and etc.

If expy then 3.5 eco. If f150 either PB or eco or even a 5.0 if getting used.

How does the expy pull compared to f150? I'm thinking mph will be about same.

Concealed storage - f150 would get a hard tonneau. I consistently carrying guns, work laptop, golf clubs in bed of f250. Will probably get a decked type drawer system for f150. What about expy? Anyone added drawer system to the back?

Don't need third row in expy
Bigger screen in expy is nice
Seems like prices are about the same between the two.
Thinking 2022 or newer
Son going to college in a month. Empty nesters.

Need 4wd, towing
Likes power running boards, technology upgrade from 2020 f250 lariat, leather, not black interior, okay with tan or king ranch

TSUAggie
If no third seat is needed, I'd go F-150. We recently purchased a new expedition for my wife and while it is extremely nice and a great vehicle for our family, I still prefer driving my 2015 f-150 with the 5.0 with 252,000 miles on it. The ecoboost in the Expy is definitely quick, but it still doesn't top the feel and sound of the Coyote in my truck.
Redstone
AG
Stepfather has his father's 2001 Expedition, and my brother has a 2013.
BurnetAggie99
We got a 2023 Expedition Platinum 4x4 with Tow package back in February 2024. Traded in the 2016 Expedition EL Platinum 4x4 that had 200k miles on it.

Been happy with the Expeditions as they primarily used as the family vehicle but occasionally used to tow trailer as well. I have F250 6.7 Powerstroke High Output 4x4 so that handles any major hauling required.
Bob_Ag
AG
I have a Ram 2500, but I'd honestly have no problem using our 23 Expedition for light to medium duty towing over it.
hunterjr81
Pulling a utility trailer you should be fine with the expedition. Just know that in my experience with the expedition I had, it struggled to stay on the road pulling a travel trailer. My f150 had zero problems pulling the same trailer…
MouthBQ98
AG
Possibly tire selection unless wind was involved. Tires make a big difference in handling when under heavy load such as towing a large trailer.
reproag
AG
BMF_AG95 said:

Thinking about going from f250 to either f150 or expedition. My son will have a have f250 and don't need the 3/4 ton pulling any more. Do need to pull a trailer with Polaris on it. Probably longest distance would be to 300 miles. Houston to San Antonio or Houston to Ft worth. I'm thinking I'll be in the 5-6k lbs weight with trailer and Polaris and etc.

If expy then 3.5 eco. If f150 either PB or eco or even a 5.0 if getting used.

How does the expy pull compared to f150? I'm thinking mph will be about same.

Concealed storage - f150 would get a hard tonneau. I consistently carrying guns, work laptop, golf clubs in bed of f250. Will probably get a decked type drawer system for f150. What about expy? Anyone added drawer system to the back?

Don't need third row in expy
Bigger screen in expy is nice
Seems like prices are about the same between the two.
Thinking 2022 or newer
Son going to college in a month. Empty nesters.

Need 4wd, towing
Likes power running boards, technology upgrade from 2020 f250 lariat, leather, not black interior, okay with tan or king ranch

EXPEDITION MAXIMUM LOADED TRAILER WEIGHT

2wd Shorty 6000 or 9,300 (w/ trailer tow pkg)
4x4 Shorty 6000/9,200

2wd Max 6300/9,000
4x4 max 600/9000
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.