Are We Still Paying Sticker for New Cars?

3,941 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by NWE
Darby
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I've been reading alot lately that the auto market is softening up a bit due to high interest rates, high car prices and the covid supply chain problems that have just about been resolved

I'm looking at a new Yukon Denali for my wife and the dealer first came at me with $10k over sticker

After I said not only no but hell no, he came back down to MSRP but he does not seem to be budging off that
I've been working on him most of the day

What say you TexAgs?
nealan
It's dependent on the demand for the specific model
nealan
Denali Yukons are still high demand
GarlandAg2012
AG
Don't have first hand experience but based on some recent threads on Leasehackr, it looks like Yukon Denalis are still going for MSRP roughly. You might be able to find a dealership that will go a little under but you'll likely have to shop for it.
Darby
Thanks for the reply's

I did find a couple of online dealers "advertising" $3500 ish off sticker but my guess is they will just get it back by lowballing my trade or hitting me with dealer add ons
big ben
AG
just get a loaded Yukon/Tahoe, they won't wheel and deal as much on Denalis
aggiepaintrain
AG
"we" aren't
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Give him your number and tell him to contact you when he's ready to be realistic. Unless you are in a rush. Shop other dealers.

Plenty of ford dealers selling under MSRP for expeditions.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I saw new Yukons going below sticker when looking for my new Sierra. I was way below sticker out the door.

They're out there
FIDO*98*
AG
They aren't moving on the Yukon Denali much if anything. You can get better deals on the lower trim levels. I want to trade in my Ram and get a Diesel Denali. If you know a dealer selling those at a discount, I'm all ears
CyAg86
AG
Beck and Masten is discounting their Yukon Denalis some now, depends on time in stock, color, options, etc.
ccolley68
AG
I paid MSRP for my AT4 Yukon when I got it a while back, but it was still in the midst of the high prices and I didn't have time to kick tires all over town, so not much help on the price part.

But as others have said, they are negotiating better on lower trim levels, and other than the bigger engine (wgas in a grocery getter), I can't think of a feature the Denali has that my AT4 doesn't. Leather, 4wd, all the tech bells and whistles. Unless it's for your wife and she just demands a Denali, go with the AT4. It's a manlier looking SUV anyways at least.

Even at MSRP I'd think the AT4 is ~$10k less than a Denali?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
FIDO*98* said:

They aren't moving on the Yukon Denali much if anything. You can get better deals on the lower trim levels. I want to trade in my Ram and get a Diesel Denali. If you know a dealer selling those at a discount, I'm all ears

Vanguard and they will take supplier code. All in all, it's not terrible
txcincinnatus
AG
I tend to check Laura Buick GMC out of IL to get a sense for where the market is. They are now discounting Denali's, so I bet you could find deals here in Texas. May have to work for it though.

https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2024-GMC-Yukon-4WD_4dr_Denali-COLLINSVILLE-IL/5804035300
GarlandAg2012
AG
I think 8-10% off MSRP for other Yukon models is pretty easy to do, Denali is the catch.
JJWAGGIE
AG
This was same strategy I took a month or so ago on my own expedition purchase... I let them know I would be purchasing the vehicle sometime in the next 6 or so months but I did not care if if was now or in 6 months. 2 weeks later I got the call and they were ready to move ahead basis what I had told them I needed.
Yesterday
AG
ccolley68 said:

I paid MSRP for my AT4 Yukon when I got it a while back, but it was still in the midst of the high prices and I didn't have time to kick tires all over town, so not much help on the price part.

But as others have said, they are negotiating better on lower trim levels, and other than the bigger engine (wgas in a grocery getter), I can't think of a feature the Denali has that my AT4 doesn't. Leather, 4wd, all the tech bells and whistles. Unless it's for your wife and she just demands a Denali, go with the AT4. It's a manlier looking SUV anyways at least.

Even at MSRP I'd think the AT4 is ~$10k less than a Denali?

The Denali is a sharp looking ride. I hate the Chevy rounded nose compared to the Denali. The AT4 is good looking too and probably what I would have gone with if I needed or wanted an SUV. That said, the wife wanted the White Denali like every other sports mom in DFW.
ezmoney
AG
Has anyone used Perkspot through your employer if offered?
ccolley68
AG
Meh, better than here in Houston, where all the suburb moms need to show off their momness by going for the extra $30k to get an Escalade which at this point is nothing more than a top of the line Tahoe at a heftier price tag.
NWE
AG
The AT4 is a better trim package imo. Denali chrome is out of control
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.