Has there been anything on this forum about the Ineos Grenadier

8,227 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Sazerac
Aggie_Boomin 21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree the Ineos looks cooler, I think it's hands down the best looking produced vehicle in the US right now. Uniqueness is kind of just based on what sells better isn't it? Its style is basically ripped from the Defender, not sure that lends to uniqueness. The Trailmaster is more capable than any model you can get of the GX, but again, you're paying $10k more for it than the GX Overtrail for a solid front axle and front locker basically. The customizability is nice but overstated imo, that's pretty common now on overlanding targeted vehicles. I've gone through the customization for both of these and the main differences are that the Ineos offers safari roof windows, a factory winch, and a factory snorkel.
YouBet
AG
After seeing my neighbors in person, I disagree on looks. I like the GX better.

I would rather have the GX all day long. It's cheaper and is undoubtedly a **** ton more reliable. We have no history on this vehicle. The GX is also more powerful by a long shot.
'03ag
I guess I don't understand what you're asking.
The GX is going to outsell the Ineos by a lot. The Ineos isn't trying to be a mass market vehicle.
'03ag
I would definitely bank on the GX being more reliable but I don't think it'll be huge.

This BMW engine has a decent track record.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I went and sat in one a couple of months ago in Plano just because they're there and it is interesting.

I'm not an off roader nor a camper, although I'd like to add OR and get back into camping.

If money were no object and I had the garage space, sure why not for an occassional toy to drive around. If I were serious about offroading, camping away from the KOAs, etc. I'd give it serious consideration.

That said - in my brief sit in the drivers seat, vehicle off, not driven - no way I'd want this as a daily driver if I weren't also using on my weekends and vacations to do what it is meant to do. It exudes "I drive like brick" behind the wheel.

Cool looking - hell yes.
Unique - hell yes.

A lot of the same could be said about Jeep Rubicons, but this is a might bit steeper price point and even more useless tech for 95% people that drive/will drive.

Personally I'd do as already mentioned a 2024 GX or 2024 Landcruiser. I'd get a good amount of the offroading capability, much more of the on-road comfort.
Staff - take out the trash.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
'03ag said:

I guess I don't understand what you're asking.
The GX is going to outsell the Ineos by a lot. The Ineos isn't trying to be a mass market vehicle.

I'm saying I don't get who it is for other than well-off people that think this makes them look more outdoorsy. This isn't unique to the Ineos, but I was asking to see if I was missing something. There are cheaper vehicles with less risk due to it being Ineos' first in the market that can do what it does.
GAC06
AG
If I had an actual need for an off road vehicle, I might consider this. Seems silly for all the suburb dwellers buying this to look rugged in the grocery store parking lot
clobby
AG
Fairview
AG
That's a good review of it. I'm a big fan of it for what it's meant for but in that video he highlights that it has a system that beeps at you every time you go over the speed limit. You can turn it off but you have to turn it off every time you start the car. That's like the auto engine shutoff (which it also has) on steroids which sucks.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Fairview said:

That's a good review of it. I'm a big fan of it for what it's meant for but in that video he highlights that it has a system that beeps at you every time you go over the speed limit. You can turn it off but you have to turn it off every time you start the car. That's like the auto engine shutoff (which it also has) on steroids which sucks.

I've been driving one for a few days. That feature is awful. Have to reset it through the driver assist settings each key cycle. It's about 3 clicks in through the menu which is really just annoying. I anticipate they'll come up with a software update at some point to adjust this. Can't imagine the feedback is high on it. I'll update with some thoughts in the car in a bit.

YouBet
AG
Fairview said:

Uh, that's a deal killer.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I am seeing so many of these pop up in the burbs. I am changing my vote from cool to lame poser.
slaughtr
AG
I guess I'm a lame poser then.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Don't listen to him! So cool!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Not if you do something cool with it. If you just get groceries in it, I stand by my statement. I like that color. Looks good.
slaughtr
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Not if you do something cool with it. If you just get groceries in it, I stand by my statement. I like that color. Looks good.
I live in Idaho. It will climb many a mountain.
Redstone
AG
Living in a large city, I've seen several - on the road,
and very shortly after first domestic availability.
Fairview
AG
I really like these and test drove one yesterday. Liked it a lot and the stuff people complain about wasn't an issue. Was used to the steering in about 5 minutes.

I asked about the beep for going over the speed limit and they said a software update is coming out within the month to be able to permanently disable. Will be interesting to see if that's the case or they were just trying to sell me on it.
AggieEP
GAC06 said:

If I had an actual need for an off road vehicle, I might consider this. Seems silly for all the suburb dwellers buying this to look rugged in the grocery store parking lot

My least favorite reply to all threads like this, outside of the super rich, no one uses their truck 100% of the time for truck duty, no one uses their race car for 100% track duty, and similarly no one uses their off roader 100% of the time off roading.

For most of us we're picking a car as a compromise between the many things we plan to do with it, to include getting groceries and dropping kids off at school. It's such a weird take to bag on people for getting groceries in a serious machine like this as if the expectation should be driving the Rubicon trail every day.

I drive a pretty serious off roader, and it sees probably 5-10 days of trail duty a year, 15 days of serious mountain snow and 340 days of weather and driving where other vehicles would get the job done. For me, the 25 days a year when I need it, justifies it just fine. I'm not going to buy a Corolla to get groceries and commute to work in, I'm picking one car right now to meet all my yearly needs.
slaughtr
AG
AggieEP said:

GAC06 said:

My least favorite reply to all threads like this, outside of the super rich, no one uses their truck 100% of the time for truck duty, no one uses their race car for 100% track duty, and similarly no one uses their off roader 100% of the time off roading.

For most of us we're picking a car as a compromise between the many things we plan to do with it, to include getting groceries and dropping kids off at school. It's such a weird take to bag on people for getting groceries in a serious machine like this as if the expectation should be driving the Rubicon trail every day.

I drive a pretty serious off roader, and it sees probably 5-10 days of trail duty a year, 15 days of serious mountain snow and 340 days of weather and driving where other vehicles would get the job done. For me, the 25 days a year when I need it, justifies it just fine. I'm not going to buy a Corolla to get groceries and commute to work in, I'm picking one car right now to meet all my yearly needs.

Agreed. Even if someone never once takes it off road, why would I care? I've picked up groceries in everything from lifted 4WD's to sports cars. They are just cars that have multiple purposes. It's like going to someone who drives a large Sedan and complaining if they are not going to use it for police work it's just a waste.
Sazerac
AG
Fantastic color choice
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.