Cybertruck initial pricing

16,077 Views | 164 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by The Fife
AggieKatie2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll probably go with AWD. Cyberbeast seems like overkill.

I'll also get the range extender option which is supposed to increase range to 470 miles.
Medaggie
Have a reservation and will get.

Faster than a 911, bulletproof steel, and drag more than a f350 diesel.

PMD03
AG
I have a reservation on a dual motor, but will probably not go through with it. The jump from $50,000 at reservation to $80,000 at purchase is too much for me.
BrazosDog02
AG
Wow. You can buy a legit truck, like F350 or F450 for that kind of money. Thats a lot of money for novelty status. What's the draw of this thing, if you don't mind me asking, for those seriously considering one?
drumboy
AG
112 mph top speed?! MYP is around 150.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
AggieKatie2
AG
The AWD version is priced right around an F150 Platinum. What does the F150 have that this doesn't?
BenTheGoodAg
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

What does the F150 have that this doesn't?

A gasoline engine
AggieKatie2
AG
Ok, let's say the CT was ICE with an engine that had the performance of a TRX or Raptor R and the MPGs of a Coyote or Hemi, and can pull like at f350.

Would it be overpriced then, because that's essentially what the numbers are saying.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Saw my first one in the wild at Bucees in Waller two weekends ago. It looks exactly like the pictures. Sometimes you see something in real life and you think, man, that looks X. Cybertruck looks just like the pics.
I am curious, but not interested at this point.
Corps_Ag12
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

The AWD version is priced right around an F150 Platinum. What does the F150 have that this doesn't?

Good looks
reproag
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

Ok, let's say the CT was ICE with an engine that had the performance of a TRX or Raptor R and the MPGs of a Coyote or Hemi, and can pull like at f350.

Would it be overpriced then, because that's essentially what the numbers are saying.
I'm not an EV hater and you should be able to buy what you want but how is 11,000 towing capacity in the cyber truck the same as 23,000 lbs conventional towing in a F350 ? Even the 7.3 L gas is 18,000 lbs.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

I don't think 11,000 is an F350 tow rating. My F150 is rated for 12,400. And the tow range is a totally different story.

I mean otherwise, the numbers are impressive, and if it was an ICE, I'd consider the performance/$. But dang... the looks, the build quality, etc.

I like some of the things Musk is trying to do in pushing the envelope and think outside the box. It's pushing the market in big ways. But still a no from me at this point.
Roger350
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

A good looking body? And since when was the F350 down rated to only tow 11k lbs? Because almost every F150 on the lot can tow 11k, F350s are likely closer to double that number.
AggieKatie2
AG
I didn't say tow, I said pull. A lot of other factors go into tow rating.

They hooked it up to a power pull sled, along with a Lightning, Rivian, and f350 diesel. It out pulled all of them.

If it was towing I would have said out- tow but I didn't.
Teslag
AG
There is nothing about Cybertruck that appeals to me, on a fun or functonal standpoint.
Teslag
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

They hooked it up to a power pull sled, along with a Lightning, Rivian, and f350 diesel. It out pulled all of them.

Why would any actual truck user give a **** about this? Who cares if I can drag a bunch of weight but be unable to tow it down the highway?
ac04
can't tell you how many times i've looked at a stainless steel refrigerator and thought "damn, too bad i can't drive that"
Ag for Life
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

So a pull rating? Sounds like meaningless BS. My Tundra could pull the space shuttle.
Ag for Life
AG
ac04 said:

can't tell you how many times i've looked at a stainless steel refrigerator and thought "damn, too bad i can't drive that"

Stock up on Rem Oil, that's what I use on the fridge at home. You would need a 12 pack of cans for the Cybertruck though
Roger350
AG
The new pull a space shuttle commercial. No one that uses a truck for truck things and understands towing gives two ***** about word choices like this that split hairs. Fake news.
reproag
AG
Ag for Life said:

AggieKatie2 said:

So a pull rating? Sounds like meaningless BS. My Tundra could pull the space shuttle.
I was about to say that. Granted it pulled it a 2.5 mph.

lb3
AG
Teslag said:

There is nothing about Cybertruck that appeals to me, on a fun or functonal standpoint.
0-60 in 2.6s? That's something.

But they were touting a 500 mi range with a $70k list price for the performance version and are only delivering 340 mile range at $99,990. Albeit with a reduction in 0-60 times from 2.9s to 2.6s.
AggieKatie2
AG
There's a range extender option for both AWD and Cyberbeast that takes them to 470 and 440 miles respectively.
hph6203
AG
The 340 range is the mid-tier dual motor at $80k.

I expect the price of this thing to fall over time as Tesla transitions their other vehicles over to the same electrical system and they increase the production (and pull in Panasonic's production in Nevada) of their new batteries. Basically everything about this truck is test case/new iteration of the technology for Tesla, so everything is going to be incredibly low volume/high cost.
Ag for Life
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

There's a range extender option for both AWD and Cyberbeast that takes them to 470 and 440 miles respectively.

More like a wallet emptier. What's the range extender cost, $20K?
tk for tu juan
The beginning of this video is Mars inspired. Donuts in red dirt

Teslag
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

How much is the range extender?
When is it available?
How does it extend range?
hph6203
AG
$16,000

AggieKatie2
AG
That's disappointing
htxag09
AG
lb3 said:

Teslag said:

0-60 in 2.6s? That's something.

But they were touting a 500 mi range with a $70k list price for the performance version and are only delivering 340 mile range at $99,990. Albeit with a reduction in 0-60 times from 2.9s to 2.6s.

I'll never understand how this is worthy of extra money when buying a truck. Is it cool? Sure. Will I ever do it? No. I'm not buying a truck because it's 0-60 time. If I give a **** about 0-60 I'm buying a sports car.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Oof, the range extender is a big battery pack that sits on the bed? That seems like quite a compromise. How much does it reduce the payload capacity?
BrazosDog02
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

That's cool, but...who cares? I can't drag a slant load gooseneck.

And for what it's worth, I was just asking, you don't have to justify a damn thing about why you should or shouldn't get it. This is America, dammit. Not trying to poo poo the decision.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I wanted to like this truck but dang it's ugly.
hph6203
AG
Guessing it weighs in the 500 lbs range. Can't find where they've pulled their information from, but the people posting prices/photos are reliable.
JSKolache
AG
the video showed tri motor at 6850#

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.