I posted previously in this thread, but since then my wife's 2020 Outback Limited XT became my Outback, after buying her a new Forester. So first of all, we obviously continue to be happy with Subaru.

I'm generally happy with the Outback, but I do agree with some of your gripes. That said, the backup camera does have the warning beep as you get close to an obstacle…or at least mine does. Secondly, the auto stop/start feature IS annoying, but they added a virtual button to deactivate it to the infotainment screen via update, so that helps. You do have to deactivate it again every time you turn the car on, which sucks, but I think that is the norm now with most cars thanks to federal rules/CAFE requirements. I usually deactivate if I'm going to be doing a lot of stop/start driving, 'cause it can sometimes be rather jarring when it restarts (I think this has to do with the boxer engine configuration?).

I definitely agree that the automatic braking is too invasive. I'm learning to build in more distance from the person in front of me (not a bad thing), because I've had it activate the brakes more than once when the car didn't know what I knew (that the car breaking in front of me was about to turn right and be out of my way well before I reached it, so I didn't need to slow way down).

Overall, I am happy with it as my DD, and I love the ground clearance and AWD. Actually, there's a lot to like about the Outback, and I'd definitely recommend them for someone that is looking for a 5-passenger non-luxury make crossover/SUV (and who doesn't need high towing capacity).