best trickle charger for truck battery

935 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by docb
docb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a couple of vehicles that I have at a second home in Colorado that I think I need to keep a trickle charger on the batteries when I'm not there. Any suggestions on the best and/or safest ones that will be mostly unattended.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I have a mixed batch in my collection.

Lots of Battery Tender JR, one Black and Decker trickle/float, and one Interstate trickle/float.

All of them perform well.

Also look at the NOCO ones.

I usually buy whatever brand is on sale, and the Battery Tender Jr seems to go on sale regularly.
AgResearch
AG
I have a fleet of NOCO ones that I keep on trucks, tractors, and ATVs. They work well.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Take a look at ProMariner battery charger/maintainers.
Rexter
Batteryminder plus 12117.

I've had 2 battery tenders crap out. No issues with the batteryminder going on 4 years. It's on sale $20 off down to $30 on Amazon.
KellerAg15
AG
I have three CTEK battery chargers and could not recommend them highly enough. My Mustang has a 2014 battery in it that is still going strong and my Cobra has a battery from 2016 in it that is also still working great. They make several different models but this is the one that I have and I love it:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00CD44RQO/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_YYTRKE1PT7VARNDEYE8E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
docb
AG
I ended up getting the NOCO 2. Hopefully it will do the job.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.