Modified from History Thread....

3,786 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bob_Ag
insanediego
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SnowboardAg
AG
SnowboardAg
AG
I was around 8 and fell in love with cars starting with the Back to the Future movie. This brings back memories of dirt bikes, roadsters, really anything with an engine, etc. The love for it started with that truck. One sold on BaT for 58k.
Buck Turgidson
SnowboardAg said:

Is that Marty McFly's truck?
3rd Platoon
AG
I'm extremely simple.

---------------------------------------
aka Commander 99 and "The Fake Dave South"
jejdag
Something from the 1967 Chevy lineup. Just love the models from that year. Vette was badass, Chevelle was killer, Chevy II was tough, Camaro too. Even the new body style trucks were cool.
aggieforester05
AG
SnowboardAg said:

I was around 8 and fell in love with cars starting with the Back to the Future movie. This brings back memories of dirt bikes, roadsters, really anything with an engine, etc. The love for it started with that truck. One sold on BaT for 58k.
If you have FB, this is the one I'm talking about. Even the undercarriage looks like it rolled off the assembly line yesterday:

85 Toyota Xtracab

Also a youtube vid of it:

SnowboardAg
AG
Found it on FB this AM and was watching the youtube. Incredible condition, down to the spare tire original from that year. This is one of those I would set in the garage and drive it around the block every Sunday. Too beautiful to get dirty.
Buck Turgidson
Did he make sure that Biff put TWO coats of wax on it?
YouBet
AG
Alte Schule said:

Want.
lotsofhp
AG
3rd Platoon said:

I'm extremely simple.

Beautiful truck. Chevy's hay day IMO
3rd Platoon
AG
Yep. Those trucks were very well-built and reliable as well. I desperately wanted this truck circa 1993.
---------------------------------------
aka Commander 99 and "The Fake Dave South"
The Fife
Idunno... I helped keep up with a couple that were used as actual trucks and they had lots of dumb stuff wear out. Fuel pumps, transmissions, transfer cases, inner dash structure cracking at 6 or 7 years old, rocks played hell on the aluminum coated parts of the grille, later ones with the a/c vent motors, DRLs liked to crap out a lot, paint on ours was ok but others had clear coat issues, one snapped the head off a driver's seat bolt somehow and I remember the '94 had driver door hinge issues once it turned 7.

The actual engines were good and the A/C blew cold anyway.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
If you are talking only with money then and if I were alive at that time. A 23 window VW bus would've been a huge ROI.

But seriously '65 cobra is without question the answer for me. Polished aluminum body or blue with two white stripes.
DeadCiv
AG
Jack Boyett
AG
Had a chance to buy a 65 corvette convertible while I was in college in the 90s. $15000 was the price. The guy sold it about 1 hour before I finally found a bank to finance it. Would have been a great investment.
BBRex
AG
The dad of one my friends in high school had a black Riviera like that, and occasionally he would let his son take it out. Doing a 100+ in that was a blast!
aggieforester05
AG
I took these pictures of a new old stock Skyline GTR R34 V Spec at a Nissan dealership in Okinawa in 2009. Wish I could have bought it and stored it, but I'm pretty sure the price was already crazy at that time and it was and I think still is too new to import to the US.

Bob_Ag
AG
If SUV: 94 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer Eddition.

If truck: 65 F100 two tone, style side

If car: 66 Nova, but this one is hard to choose.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.