Is this totaled?

10,336 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggieforester05
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think you screwed up, but I've made a lot of mistakes so oh well.

Is your kid ok?
tandy miller
AG
I don't have any children. Yes, I screwed up in a major way. Thank god only metal was a total loss
FJB
OnlyForNow
AG
thought it was a kids nugget.

Oh well.

Glad you are ok. Hopefully the other driver is ok.

PS don't wear slides.
sts7049
AG
JAW3336 said:

I don't know what the hell you were doing but maybe you should grow up and pay more attention when operating a vehicle.

you ever touched your cell phone while driving?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Well. Is it totaled?
aggieforester05
AG
tandy miller said:

It must be incredible to never make a mistake in your entire life. I made a mistake. I know the value of a life, as my sister lost hers in an accident. All I asked was if it was totaled, but forgot that asking for a direct answer to literally anything on this site is not a good idea
**** happens. I was blinded by a glare last summer and my tire caught the edge of the road caused me to overcorrect into a tree. Totaled my truck and luckily I was the only person involved with only cuts and bruises. Driving is a pretty crazy risk we all take when you think about the physics of all of these giants hunks of iron flying past each other at high speeds. When you spend 20 - 30 years taking this giant risk on a daily basis there's a good chance something bad is going to happen. Sometimes it's your fault, sometimes it's somebody else's. We all make mistakes and I'm glad that neither yours or mine resulted in any serious injuries. My stepson was lost in a car accident when he was only four and his sister received a traumatic brain injury in the same wreck that changed her for life, so I too am very aware of how devastating wrecks can be.
tandy miller
AG
aggieforester05 said:

tandy miller said:

It must be incredible to never make a mistake in your entire life. I made a mistake. I know the value of a life, as my sister lost hers in an accident. All I asked was if it was totaled, but forgot that asking for a direct answer to literally anything on this site is not a good idea
**** happens. I was blinded by a glare last summer and my tire caught the edge of the road caused me to overcorrect into a tree. Totaled my truck and luckily I was the only person involved with only cuts and bruises. Driving is a pretty crazy risk we all take when you think about the physics of all of these giants hunks of iron flying past each other at high speeds. When you spend 20 - 30 years taking this giant risk on a daily basis there's a good chance something bad is going to happen. Sometimes it's your fault, sometimes it's somebody else's. We all make mistakes and I'm glad that neither yours or mine resulted in any serious injuries. My stepson was lost in a car accident when he was only four and his sister received a traumatic brain injury in the same wreck that changed her for life, so I too am very aware of how devastating wrecks can be.

I'm very sorry for your loss
FJB
aggieforester05
AG
tandy miller said:

aggieforester05 said:

tandy miller said:

I'm very sorry for your loss
Your's as well
BBRex
AG
Has OP been sufficiently shamed enough so we can start talking about the truck again?

Yeah, it's probably totaled.
Picard
AG
I think the OP is totaled now. Not sure about the truck.
The Lost
BBRex said:

Has OP been sufficiently shamed enough so we can start talking about the truck again?

Not sure, has anyone suggested he replace the truck with a minivan yet?
CanyonAg77
AG
The Lost said:

BBRex said:

And he has to pay cash.

If you can get a minivan with an ecoboost, we may have all our bases covered.
Picard
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

The Lost said:

BBRex said:

And he has to pay cash.

If you can get a minivan with an ecoboost, we may have all our bases covered.

In white
tandy miller
AG
My rental should've enough punishment

FJB
aggieforester05
AG
WTF? Enterprise gave me a Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4
Green2Maroon
AG
Chevy Aveo? That's what took out my old Tacoma.
tandy miller
AG
I think its a spark.
FJB
Post removed:
by user
John Francis Donaghy
aggieforester05 said:

Rental companies have been unloading everything int their fleets with value for top dollar with travel way down and used car prices prices way up over the last year. Probably not going to be many good rental options for a while.
aggieforester05
AG
Yeah, but that's just mean though. I mean if it was silver okay, but baby blue?
tandy miller
AG
Driving on 45 is not fun in it
FJB
aggiepaintrain
AG
if you want to get another toyota at a good price email
aggiepaintrain@gmail.com
Silvy
AG
Enterprise tried giving me one of these in Newark. Decided to upgrade to a Golf.
tandy miller
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

if you want to get another toyota at a good price email
aggiepaintrain@gmail.com
I appreciate it, but my dealer has taken great care of me and is giving me the same deal as my previous tacoma, despite the rebate being $500 lower. Cement Tacoma will be there sometime next week. If it doesnt work out ill let you know.
FJB
aggiedata
AG
Get the Nugget Package upgrade

BBRex
AG
Is driving on 45 ever fun?
tandy miller
AG
They totaled it this morning
FJB
FamousAgg
tandy miller said:

They totaled it this morning

No, you totaled it a week ago...
CanyonAg77
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm pretty sure you totaled it the other day.
No, it was still repairable. But they found the chicken nugget, and threw it away. The diminished value of the removed nugget was enough to push it over the edge into 'totaled'.
The Fife
"IN TWO" shoe polished on the back window on its way to Mexico, or find it for sale at Texas Direct Auto next month?

My vote goes to Mexico.
Post removed:
by user
jh0400
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

aggieforester05 said:

Rental companies have been unloading everything int their fleets with value for top dollar with travel way down and used car prices prices way up over the last year. Probably not going to be many good rental options for a while.

I rented a Tacoma TRD Off Road in Denver from Avis. It was a 2021 with less than 300 miles on it when I picked it up. They had a lot full of Tacomas, Jeeps, 4 Runners, and Tahoes.
John Francis Donaghy
Quote:

Rental-car companies sold a huge chunk of their fleetshundreds of thousands of vehiclesto survive the pandemic. Now they can't get cars onto their lots fast enough to meet the new demand, especially with car factories stalled by semiconductor shortages
Hertz Global Holdings, Avis Budget Group and Enterprise Holdings, the three big U.S. rental car companies, declined interviews but responded to questions with statements saying that they expect shortages to continue. They say they've run into delays because of the auto-manufacturing slowdown.
In the fourth quarter, Hertz reported that its average number of vehicles in the U.S. was below 300,000, down 42% from more than half a million cars in the fourth quarter of 2019.
Avis also suffered heavy losses even after it said it "profitably disposed" of 250,000 vehicles globally last year.
"They were dumping cars into an historically high used-car market, and it saved them," says longtime industry analyst Neil Abrams.

Mr. Abrams, president of Abrams Consulting Group, thinks it will be the second half of next year before major auto-rental firms have supply back in balance with demand. "We're going to see shortages and high prices for a while when you've got more customers than cars," he says.
The cheapest price at Hertz, National or Avis for a one-day rental for Friday at Chicago O'Hare Airport, priced a week in advance on Kayak, was $117 for a Ford Fiesta economy car. Major agencies were all sold out for Friday at Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport, at least according to a Kayak search over the weekend. Sixt offered a Toyota RAV4 for $373.

And on Friday in West Palm Beach, Fla., one day with a Chevrolet Impala sedan would set you back $234 at Hertz. A follow-up found that Hertz location all sold out. (Those daily prices are without any sort of corporate discount.)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hertz-avis-enterprise-rental-car-shortage-11618335385
The Lost
Yesterday I dropped a fry in the truck while driving. Didn't pick it up so the fry wouldn't total my truck.

Thanks for the lessons learned in this thread

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.