Is this totaled?

10,330 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggieforester05
aggiedata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From your gen board posts

8:48a, 3/30/21
Got a new truck nov 27 from Fred haas Toyota world. Got the metal plates in less than 10 days
JAW3336
AG
tandy miller said:

Literally every panel is damaged as well as all airbags. I think they're like 7k to replace
It is not the cost of the airbags that gets you. It is the damage the airbags do when they rip through the seats, side panels, dash, etc.

Attack life, It's going to kill you anyway!
Brad_97
AG
HumpitPuryear said:

You killed an M4 for a chicken nugget. I hate you! Glad you are ok though
Agreed. Unless it was one of the new M4s with the ugly *** nose. That's more forgivable.
HumpitPuryear
AG
Brad_97 said:

HumpitPuryear said:

You killed an M4 for a chicken nugget. I hate you! Glad you are ok though
Agreed. Unless it was one of the new M4s with the ugly *** nose. That's more forgivable.
Yeah the new grills are hideous.

I would have been more likely to crash into Popeye's because I was checking out the M4.
aggieforester05
AG
My 2016 F150 crew cab 4x4 with 52K miles was totaled last summer for similar damage. That was with only one airbag deployed.
CanyonAg77
AG
tandy miller said:

Literally every panel is damaged as well as all airbags. I think they're like 7k to replace
If every panel is damaged, that implies frame damage.
tandy miller
AG
Went to get my stuff out today. Passenger door won't even open
FJB
Green2Maroon
AG
I had practically the opposite accident in March 2018. I was out driving Uber in my 2005 Tacoma up in Montana. Dude in a small car, Chevy Aveo I think, ran a red light and T-boned my pickup. Aveo, trashed. Tacoma had less damage but still totaled. I had paid $14k for the truck in 2014 and insurance gave me 14,250.
tandy miller
AG
aggiedata said:

From your gen board posts

8:48a, 3/30/21
Got a new truck nov 27 from Fred haas Toyota world. Got the metal plates in less than 10 days

That is correct. I got the vehicle 11/27/20
FJB
Naveronski
AG
tandy miller said:

Totaled.
The Fife
tandy miller said:

I'd like to up my bid to $26,501.
tandy miller
AG
This is what the inside looks like

FJB
03_Aggie
tandy miller said:

That could be as simple as the front fenders being pushed back into/behind the front doors.
heineman78
Did you find the nuggie?
tandy miller
AG
heineman78 said:

Did you find the nuggie?

Found it on the backseat.
FJB
aggieforester05
AG
tandy miller said:

heineman78 said:

Did you find the nuggie?

Found it on the backseat.
I sure hope it was delicious. Chick-fil-a at least?
The Wonderer
AG
You hit someone that hard, there is going to be a bodily injury claim. OP's lawyer/insurance company is going to hate his admission of liability and reckless driving when he put the procurement of a fallen chicken nugget above his duty to other drivers to operate his vehicle in a safe and prudent manner.
FamousAgg
Are you related to "the Texas Hammer", you may be able to sue over that lost chicken nuggie...
John Francis Donaghy
The Wonderer said:

You hit someone that hard, there is going to be a bodily injury claim. OP's lawyer/insurance company is going to hate his admission of liability and reckless driving when he put the procurement of a fallen chicken nugget above his duty to other drivers to operate his vehicle in a safe and prudent manner.

Who cares if his lawyer and insurance don't like it? The accident was 100% OP's fault, and his insurance absolutely should pay for everything to make the other driver whole. And yes, that means OP will be paying higher premiums going forward, and that's as it should be too. Hopefully every big payment to the insurance company is a reminder to keep eyes on the road and not risk the lives of everyone around him for a ****ing chicken nugget.
91AggieLawyer
AG
The Wonderer said:

Even without this alleged admission of liability, running a red light and hitting another car isn't exactly evidence of a defense. Unless the BMW was doing something illegal at the time of the accident as well, there's 100 percent liability on the part of the OP anyway. If the BMW's driver was doing something illegal, I guess the admission might be relevant (i.e. might push comparative negligence farther up for the OP), but the problem is that no one could testify to that illegality -- the BMW's driver wouldn't and the OP didn't see it.

Surely you don't see this as gross negligence, do you?
The Wonderer
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

The Wonderer said:

Even without this alleged admission of liability, running a red light and hitting another car isn't exactly evidence of a defense. Unless the BMW was doing something illegal at the time of the accident as well, there's 100 percent liability on the part of the OP anyway. If the BMW's driver was doing something illegal, I guess the admission might be relevant (i.e. might push comparative negligence farther up for the OP), but the problem is that no one could testify to that illegality -- the BMW's driver wouldn't and the OP didn't see it.

It's more just his brazen reaction as "whoopsy" when being a **** driver on the road and running a red light while looking for a chicken nugget. I don't really care either way. I've seen lots of instances where "everyone walked away totally fine" and then there is a soft body injury claim a few months later.
tandy miller
AG
It must be incredible to never make a mistake in your entire life. I made a mistake. I know the value of a life, as my sister lost hers in an accident. All I asked was if it was totaled, but forgot that asking for a direct answer to literally anything on this site is not a good idea
FJB
tandy miller
AG
Complete Idiot said:

I almost think it's a troll - between openly admitting he ran a red light due to a chicken nugget, and destroying a $70k car whose occupant is lucky to be unhurt - it just seems like not possible that someone would share all that detail.
The car is a 2015. Not $70k
FJB
tandy miller
AG
The Wonderer said:

91AggieLawyer said:

The Wonderer said:

It's more just his brazen reaction as "whoopsy" when being a **** driver on the road and running a red light while looking for a chicken nugget. I don't really care either way. I've seen lots of instances where "everyone walked away totally fine" and then there is a soft body injury claim a few months later.
Lol you are calling me a **** driver, yet know nothing about me. I guess all of your wives who have ever had fender benders are all **** drivers. My attitude is not one of whoopsy, as you assume (incorrectly) I never even used that word, because im not a ****ing toddler. it was you putting words in my mouth and assuming you know ANYthing about my level of remorse. Im sorry you misinterpreted it as such, but I cant help other's rush to judgement
FJB
tandy miller
AG
keep in mind, this is all just from my insurance, and im sure they dont know as much as yall
FJB
TxAg20
AG
Most internet personas on the auto board are the world's best drivers. In fact, most of them could earn 7+ figures as F1 or NASCAR drivers if it weren't for the other unsafe drivers they would have to share the track with.

Thanks for being confident enough to admit your mistake in a public forum.

Based on nothing other than the facts you presented, I'd say you're fortunate that you hit an M4. My assumption is most M car owners have the financial stability that they don't look at a car accident as a chance to change their financial situation through a personal injury claim.
JAW3336
AG
TxAg20 said:

Most internet personas on the auto board are the world's best drivers. In fact, most of them could earn 7+ figures as F1 or NASCAR drivers if it weren't for the other unsafe drivers they would have to share the track with.

Thanks for being confident enough to admit your mistake in a public forum.

Based on nothing other than the facts you presented, I'd say you're fortunate that you hit an M4. My assumption is most M car owners have the financial stability that they don't look at a car accident as a chance to change their financial situation through a personal injury LAWSUIT.
fify
tandy miller
AG
if it happens it happens. Mistakes were made, nothing can be done about them now. Thats what i have insurance for
FJB
JAW3336
AG
tandy miller said:

It must be incredible to never make a mistake in your entire life. I made a mistake. I know the value of a life, as my sister lost hers in an accident. All I asked was if it was totaled, but forgot that asking for a direct answer to literally anything on this site is not a good idea
A mistake is a fender bender, what you had was not a mistake, or a fender bender. It was stupidity.

You "know" the value of life yet blew through a red light while looking for a damn nugget? Be thankful you didn't kill anyone, like a pedestrian or someone on a bike.

A simple "is it totaled?" is one thing, but you posted the story because you thought it was funny or something.

I am actually disappointed this board didn't rip into more than they did.
tandy miller
AG
JAW3336 said:

tandy miller said:

A simple "is it totaled?" is one thing, but you posted the story because you thought it was funny or something.

Once again, you have no idea why i posted the details. Ill remove that part of the OP though so you dont have an aneurysm
FJB
tandy miller
AG
There. Now it's just a simple yes or no question. Is that more to your liking? Wanna make sure i get it just right for you
FJB
tandy miller
AG

Quote:

You "know" the value of life yet blew through a red light while looking for a damn nugget? Be thankful you didn't kill anyone, like a pedestrian or someone on a bike

Let me ask you a serious question. Do you honestly believe i ran the light on purpose, knowing that I could kill someone? Because that would certainly imply disregard for human life. If you believe that, based on one mistake, I dont know the value of a life, then I honestly feel sorry for you. I know how hard the world can be for people like you
FJB
Ag for Life
AG
JAW3336
AG
I don't know what the hell you were doing but maybe you should grow up and pay more attention when operating a vehicle.
tandy miller
AG
I told you what I was doing.
FJB

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.