100k to spend - what would you do?

5,195 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgCPA95
Hi, Im Brett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cwporter
AG
CPO GLS63. Great kid hauler.
Buck Turgidson
As big of a C8 fan as I am, I'm not sure that's going to be a good daily driver. I'd recommend a sporty coupe of some sort with big cup holders and a soft roomy seat. There will likely be hours of normal city driving for every time you get to punch it at as the light turns green without traffic being in the way or a cop lurking nearby. I think Brett is on the right track with the CTS-V. Maybe a nice Mustang.
nortex97
AG
Split between index stocks and silver precious metals investments.
Cardiag
AG
If you've got $100k to spend on cars two and three you've hopefully got solid investments in stocks, bonds, and silver futures already.

For my money I would go with the F150 and a fun to drive 4 seater convertible (mustang, used E-class cabriolet, older 911). I've given this some thought as I was recently in this quandary but we went with an investment property instead.
pdawg10384
AG
Hi, Im Brett said:

Similar situation, but took a little different approach. Wife has large SUV for hauling family /vacations. Instead of using truck when I need to haul kids, I have an old beater work truck for when I need a truck. Spent vehicle / fun budget on car that will fit family.

Bought a '19 CTS-V last year and No Ragrets! Blast to drive. Can use it to haul whole family if we want to take it out. You'll want to drive whatever you spend the $ on.

Bonus of having 2 vehicles is it doesn't have to see the rain; easy to keep clean. Truck stays dirty, lol

Looked at getting a used truck but it's crazy how expensive a used truck is. Not much more expensive to get a brand new one under warranty, so leaning towards that.

Always loved Cadillac exteriors but felt they really did the interior a disservice. Cheap plastics and such. The new Escalade looks to have finally gotten it right, but the exterior on that thing is hideous. Geez, that could have been a grand slam. I'm sure it will still sell like hot cakes though.
pdawg10384
AG
cwporter said:

CPO GLS63. Great kid hauler.

I dont think the new body style has a AMG yet, but would definitely look at that as an option.
The Fife
pdawg10384 said:

Always loved Cadillac exteriors but felt they really did the interior a disservice. Cheap plastics and such. The new Escalade looks to have finally gotten it right, but the exterior on that thing is hideous. Geez, that could have been a grand slam. I'm sure it will still sell like hot cakes though.
I still get a kick out of the 1st gen Escalade. Nothing says Tahoe with a body kit quite like that does!
aTm2004
AG
911 and a Civic/Camery/Accord
Shoopy
Grown Pear said:

But if I was fine with having only one super cool soccer dad mobile i would try to get a Chevy Suburban 2500 Duraburb with the 6.6L Duramax
I was just wondering the other day if they still make 2500 Suburbans. Haven't seen one in a LONG time.
Bregxit
AG
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/3151122
AgCPA95
AG
Shoopy said:

Grown Pear said:

But if I was fine with having only one super cool soccer dad mobile i would try to get a Chevy Suburban 2500 Duraburb with the 6.6L Duramax
I was just wondering the other day if they still make 2500 Suburbans. Haven't seen one in a LONG time.
Ended with the last model and I believe then only through fleet purchases, but looks like it may return....
Suburban HD
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.