100k to spend - what would you do?

5,169 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgCPA95
pdawg10384
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife drives the family hauler, but I need to be able to drive the kids as well occasionally. Instead of getting 1 really nice vehicle that tries to balance luxury, sporty, utility, I'm considering getting 2 cheaper vehicles instead. Currently thinking maybe a XLT F150 (35kish) and a sports car around 65k for daily driver when I dont need to haul the kids. Seems like the new Corvette might be possible around that range, but not sure how hard they are to order right now. If you were planning to spend around 100k on next purchase(s), what route would you go?
ktownag08
AG
Porsche Panamera ticks the boxes...
Cloud
Lariat and invest the rest
Silvy
AG
200 LS swaps
TxSquarebody
silverado_lover said:

200 LS swaps

Into squares!
PMD03
AG
No way would I limit myself to just 100k.
pdawg10384
AG
Not really a fan of the Panorama. Not really wanting a car as a kid hauler. Current car is Audi A6 and the kids are squished back there. Hard to get them in and out as well.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Buy all the mustangs
pdawg10384
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Buy all the mustangs

How come? Considered like a Roush Mustang or something similar.
tk for tu juan
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-bmw-m5-133/
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MILITARY-5-TON-6x6-/402491292576

https://dillonaero.com/product/standard-m134d/

txcincinnatus
AG
I'll play.

There are several cars that can balance all those things pretty well. M5, E63s AMG (maybe even the wagon), upcoming Cadillac Blackwing, Audi RS6 / RS6 Avant.

If set on two cars, I'd get a comfortable cruiser for everyday driving and a true sports car that you can track. IMO, no real sense in buying two cars and then not buying an all out sports car, because then you might as well just buy one of the cars listed above. So, that would lead me to consider things liked used Porsche 911s (early 991 or 997), shelby gt350(r), bmw m2 comp (don't get a non comp) among a few others. Would come down to which car you want to spend more money on.
YouBet
AG
Porsche Cayman for daily driver? In that price range.
LPHA
AG
GTI/Golf R + tune

Edit: and a truck that has all the features you will wish you had

Second edit: or the Audi rs3 hatch if you can import it, and as much truck is left
Daytona22
AG
F150 and C43 or slightly used c63s/e63
pdawg10384
AG
txcincinnatus said:

I'll play.

There are several cars that can balance all those things pretty well. M5, E63s AMG (maybe even the wagon), upcoming Cadillac Blackwing, Audi RS6 / RS6 Avant.

If set on two cars, I'd get a comfortable cruiser for everyday driving and a true sports car that you can track. IMO, no real sense in buying two cars and then not buying an all out sports car, because then you might as well just buy one of the cars listed above. So, that would lead me to consider things liked used Porsche 911s (early 991 or 997), shelby gt350(r), bmw m2 comp (don't get a non comp) among a few others. Would come down to which car you want to spend more money on.

A car won't cut it this time around for the kid hauler, but those would be great options for someone trying to get it all.

911 would be great but how old of a model would I need to stay under 70k? They are pretty damn expensive and I would prefer something that has Android Auto for my daily driver, so probably needs to be 2017 or newer. Shelby/Roush Mustang or Corvette seem to be the best options so far on the sports car side.
JaceAG12
Hyundai SUV used for <8k for the rare occasion you must drive kids and don't have wife's car. Use remaining 92k on one of the following: Porsche 911, mclaren, Audi R8, or brand new corvette. I actually like the lexus LC500 as well but others may not.

Or just get a G wagon.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Lexus GS F sedan for sports car and kid hauler
Lexus RC F coupe plus new Bronco, although you'd be over 100k by a little
ILikeTacos
AG
pdawg10384 said:

txcincinnatus said:

I'll play.

A car won't cut it this time around for the kid hauler, but those would be great options for someone trying to get it all.

911 would be great but how old of a model would I need to stay under 70k? They are pretty damn expensive and I would prefer something that has Android Auto for my daily driver, so probably needs to be 2017 or newer. Shelby/Roush Mustang or Corvette seem to be the best options so far on the sports car side.

What kind of sports car experience do you have? What I mean is there certain types of cars you have had in the past you would like to mimic or rather change things up and try a new?

What do you value in your sports car? Speed? Torque? Handling? Size?
pdawg10384
AG
Love muscle cars, so I like a bad ass rumble engine/exhaust, which is one reason I hesitate on the Porsche. They don't have that V-8 sound that I like. Beyond that just a good driving experience.
Guitarsoup
AG
35 miatas and a Sienna
The Fife
1. Slam, turbo, and tune the Acura TSX in the garage + short shifter
2. Blow the rest on house stuff and the market
FIDO*98*
AG
Raptor
07ag
AG
model S performance

https://ts.la/eric59704
https://ts.la/eric59704
ac04
just re-read the thread and saw that you don't care if it can haul kids or not. i would shop for a 911 as you can definitely afford a nice example if you want one. i would look for a 991.1 carrera S (2012-2016). if you are ok with a base 911 instead of the S, you could probably get into a 991.2 as well. something like this: https://www.carmax.com/car/19503018

that way you have a fantastic sports car, but you can fit kids in there in a pinch if you need to.

i definitely wouldn't be making any decisions based on android auto, you can add that aftermarket to any car for ~$500.
Martin Q. Blank
A nice F150 and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities.
Grown Pear
AG
If it's strictly just local city commuting I might go with this:

Tesla Model 3 base battery
Ford F-250 Superduty Powerstroke 4x4 King Ranch

But if I really would prefer a 2 door sports car I would look at:

Last model year lightly used Dodge Viper bc I've always wanted one and a Ford F-150 crew cab Lariat
Grown Pear
AG
But if I was fine with having only one super cool soccer dad mobile i would try to get a Chevy Suburban 2500 Duraburb with the 6.6L Duramax
HossAg
AG
Lexus LC500
The Fife
Addition to what I said, get an 83 Caprice wagon like my parents had when I was a kid and LS swap. Because I like sleepers, I like wagons, and it would make kid drop off and pick up fun.
TexasAggie2006
AG
Trackhawks are a pretty nice combination of what you described. We love our '16 Jeep SRT.
Slamn Sharpe

You need the Detroit Speed Iroc
ILikeTacos
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

More than $100k?
The Fife
McDadeTXAggie said:

Somebody on the other side of the block from me has one in the same color combo but it's minus an engine from the way the front end looks. It was his first car however many years ago and it's one of those things that'll get restored 'someday.'
Woods Ag
AG
New Dodge TRX and you're done
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.