AC problem when towing

3,143 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by drewbie
drewbie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No. One of those small cans that has a mixture of freon and oil. I think it's 2/3 freon and 1/3 oil and the can I'd guess is about 4-6 oz (Less than half the size of a regular freon can)
drewbie
AG
Finally took it into the shop, and it is the an evaporator core leak. Quote was $2100 because they said it was a time intensive job. Guess I'll see how long I can handle this heat. Driving w/ the windows down is not that bad, it is when I have to drive the kids around that I worry...
will.mcg
AG
If you're mechanically inclined YouTube how to replace the core. Then take it to the shop for a recharge & you'll save $1600
drewbie
AG
will.mcg said:

If you're mechanically inclined YouTube how to replace the core. Then take it to the shop for a recharge & you'll save $1600
I'm still thinking about it. I'm good at following directions, but not good at ad libbing or trouble shooting any problems that might pop up.

I called another shop in town and they quoted me about $1200-1300 if that's the problem. They will do their own diagnostics first, but it's much more reasonable.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.